Toast Michael Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Still shutter every time he goes to kick it, horrible ball drop, but he read the play well.

Really? He certainly doesn't have a textbook style but I'm more confident with the ball in his hands than any other player in our backline, bar maybe Duffman.

If anything it's his handballs than worry me. That weird top-of-the-ball hold he has for his kicking seems to result into him not getting proper purchase on a handball if he suddenly changes his mind.

Really? He certainly doesn't have a textbook style but I'm more confident with the ball in his hands than any other player in our backline, bar maybe Duffman.

If anything it's his handballs than worry me. That weird top-of-the-ball hold he has for his kicking seems to result into him not getting proper purchase on a handball if he suddenly changes his mind.

Really.

He kicks more floaters than anyone in our team.

Truly scary s**t.

MJ floaters?????

His kicking is very good sometimes he just trys to bite off more than he can chew by trying to squezze kicks into small gaps.

It was a good game tonight but the Geelong game was just as good. Mostly for the increase in intensity, body on body during spoiling and output.

Really.

He kicks more floaters than anyone in our team.

Truly scary s**t.

Crowley. Roberton.

They kick floaters.

MJ has a weird top of the ball drop that usually means he keeps the kick fairly flat.

MJ is one of our best kicks. If he kicks floaters he must weight them beautifully, because he hits the target more often than most of our guys.

Prone to some ordinary errors but all should be very pleased with Johnno so far this season. Finding plenty of the footy and rebounding well.

Crowley. Roberton.

They kick floaters.

MJ has a weird top of the ball drop that usually means he keeps the kick fairly flat.

MJ is one of our best kicks. If he kicks floaters he must weight them beautifully, because he hits the target more often than most of our guys.

No he's not.

Not by a long stretch.

Im another in the MJ kicking fanclub, beautiful kick of the ball. He played a really professional game, he is making good on his pre season promise so far.

Why?

Duffield, Broughton, Hill, Mundy, Pavlich, Ballantyne, Ibbotson, Mzungu, Clancee.

Then I'd fit MJ in after that bunch.

Why? Because Duff and Broughton are obviously good kicks. You said "not by a long shot", so you can't state two obviously good kicks (Duff a superior one, and Broughton possibly superior but less ambitious so not fair) and declare you win the argument.

Mz has been better this year, but was average by foot last year. Clancee has a tendency to worm-burn his kicks, which thankfully he's eased back on. Balla's field kicking, especially in the midfield, has been poor this year. As for Ibbo... not terrible, but too tentative and lacks MJ's vision. I'd still put MJ above all these guys. MJ was under a sh*t load of pressure this game, and I couldn't remember many poor kicks that he provided.

Mundy, Pav and Hill are all good kicks, so fair play there.

JA is the one you missed... a great field kick, but hopefully all his kicking will be at the sticks. I'll give you the bolded... but I don't agree with the others.

Why? Because Duff and Broughton are obviously good kicks. You said "not by a long shot", so you can't state two obviously good kicks (Duff a superior one, and Broughton possibly superior but less ambitious so not fair) and declare you win the argument.

Mz has been better this year, but was average by foot last year. Clancee has a tendency to worm-burn his kicks, which thankfully he's eased back on. Balla's field kicking, especially in the midfield, has been poor this year. As for Ibbo... not terrible, but too tentative and lacks MJ's vision. I'd still put MJ above all these guys. MJ was under a sh*t load of pressure this game, and I couldn't remember many poor kicks that he provided.

Mundy, Pav and Hill are all good kicks, so fair play there.

Yeah sorry, he makes me s**t myself, that's not going to change, and he's an average kick.

I cringe whenever MJ or Mcphee take the kick ins when Duff is a few metres away, baffles me.

Yeah sorry, he makes me s**t myself, that's not going to change, and he's an average kick.

I cringe whenever MJ or Mcphee take the kick ins when Duff is a few metres away, baffles me.

I agree that Duffield is the guy that I'd love to see taking the kick outs. I can only assume the change-up is to spread the ability around a bit, in case Duff is injured or taken out of the play etc.

But I sh*t myself when I see him defending a small forward with any kind of space, and any kind of goal-sense.

McPhee makes me sh*t myself more when he's kicking, and especially kicking in.

So it's a balance thing I guess. Still disagree that MJ is an average kick, but have a better understanding of what you mean, so fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that Duffield is the guy that I'd love to see taking the kick outs. I can only assume the change-up is to spread the ability around a bit, in case Duff is injured or taken out of the play etc.

But I sh*t myself when I see him defending a small forward with any kind of space, and any kind of goal-sense.

McPhee makes me sh*t myself more when he's kicking, and especially kicking in.

So it's a balance thing I guess. Still disagree that MJ is an average kick, but have a better understanding of what you mean, so fair enough.

I think Im going to leave my fiancee for you, already we have better communication. :thumbsu:

You have a pair as well?

I think Im in love.

Happily not.

But my fiancee does. Hence my declaration.

We mightn't communicate well all the time.

But I still really like her boobs.

I love being a bloke, makes life so much simpler.

Mj is a player who I have criticized more than any other player but his kicking is magnificent, weird ball drop but it gets where it needs to go.... Clancee in the other hand is a horrible kick...... Hate seeing him get the ball for fear of it going straight to te opposition

Clancee in the other hand is a horrible kick...... Hate seeing him get the ball for fear of it going straight to te opposition

He over-cooks his kicks sometimes when he's rushed on the run but I wouldn't call him a horrible kick by any means. Give him a bit of time to balance and he's deadly.

Especially in front of goal. In current form I've got more faith in him for a set shot than anyone else in our team; can't remember him missing a shot all year.

We always knew he had it - it is just ******** great to see it!

Hmmm, and it only took 4 games! He was on a 5 game probation last time you posted so well done MJ.
Don't understand how anyone could say MJ can't kick, he is a beautiful, low flat kick, gets penetration and has excellent vision. You really notice it at training, how fast and flat he can put it over 40m. For a tall man with a slightly unorthodox ball drop it's a thing of wonder to see, timing is all.
Similar to Pearce really. It looks a bit weird but gee it's effective.

Anyone else notice he actually had some fire in his eyes tonight.

Excellent in that mop up role.

Still shutter every time he goes to kick it, horrible ball drop, but he read the play well.

Watch the replay and look at Johnno's frustration and anger on his face when another player causes a careless 50 metre penalty from a free kick he conceded in a marking contest. ( 4th qtr ).

Michael Johnson looks a reborn footballer.

Watch the replay and look at Johnno's frustration and anger on his face when another player causes a careless 50 metre penalty from a free kick he conceded in a marking contest. ( 4th qtr I think ).

Michael Johnson looks a reborn footballer.

Reckon MJ is hitting straps after a 'withdrawl' 2011. He is really playing in the right position and his confidence in his talent is rising to the top.

Just on the 50m. clever of Montagna pleading with Broughts to hand him the ball arms out, Broughts chucks it to him and Montagna drops arms and turns to umpire saying 'whats that?' Sucked in better than a Ballas snipe Broughts - good learning exp...

MJ leading marker for Fremantle - impressive

MJ leading disposals for Fremantle - well f**k me

Who is this new MJ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back