Play Nice Michael Jordan vs LeBron James

Remove this Banner Ad

You do the exact same thing lol...

Jordon is too young so it doesn't count

Lebron is old and not in his prime anymore... In his prime he carries that series on his own, he is old now. Could Jordon do the same at the same age? We will never know because he refused to player under another coach and was admittedly cooked by the end of that second stint with the Bulls and needed time away.
LeBron isnt in his prime? Yet was talked about for MVP before he was injured?

I agree though, the media likes to pretend that LeBron is super human and still the best player in the world at 36 etc etc when in reality the best player in the league for about 5 years now has been KD.

But the first round exit definitely hurts his legacy. Yes Jordan lost in the first round but never as a defending champion. Jordan never lost when defending a title. He had to retire twice for anybody else to win. That's pretty crazy really.

LeBron isnt in his prime? Yet was talked about for MVP before he was injured?

I agree though, the media likes to pretend that LeBron is super human and still the best player in the world at 36 etc etc when in reality the best player in the league for about 5 years now has been KD.

But the first round exit definitely hurts his legacy. Yes Jordan lost in the first round but never as a defending champion. Jordan never lost when defending a title. He had to retire twice for anybody else to win. That's pretty crazy really.
This is a Skip Bayless kinda take imo

KD has not been the best player in the league for 5 years lmfao

Also the Lakers are AD and Lebron… they are 99% of that team, both of them had serious injuries for most of the year.

Not everything has to be some legacy defining thing. Two superstars got injured and it cost them a legit shot at a championship, s**t happens.

KD owned LeBron in the finals with Golden State, won back to back chips and back to back Finals MVPs. He has been the games best player for a while. Was on track to win a three-peat until his achilles. Then Toronto won, and he was out for a year. Now he's back and again is just playing unbelievably well. Could win another chip this season.

LeBron's playing legacy is somewhat hurt, but it's his GM-ing influence that comes into question. It's not like his 4 titles evaporated. LeBron wanted AD and Rob Pelinka traded half the roster to get him. Remember that AD averaged 67 games a season with NO and averages 49 a season with LA. He's not some 82 game 40 minute player.

The two games the Lakers won against the Suns AD was the best player on the floor, then he got hurt half way through game 4 and basically missed the rest of the series even though he came on for 5 minutes in game 6. Without AD the Lakers are average, and LeBron wasn't the best player on the floor in any of the 6 games. I know he was hampered by injury but I have heard LeBron fangirls suggest that Jordan coming back in 1995 after missing about 150 games to play baseball didn't have to play catch up. Even though he was clearly not match fit he still gave Shaq and Penny 38, 40 and 39 points in the ECSF.

As far as I'm concerned you don't get to play GM and gut the roster to get a top 5 player in then shrug your shoulders because you have no help when said top 5 player is injured. KD, Luka, Kawhi, Dame, Booker have all been turning it on these playoffs with varying degrees of help.

LeBron's playing legacy is somewhat hurt, but it's his GM-ing influence that comes into question. It's not like his 4 titles evaporated. LeBron wanted AD and Rob Pelinka traded half the roster to get him. Remember that AD averaged 67 games a season with NO and averages 49 a season with LA. He's not some 82 game 40 minute player.

The two games the Lakers won against the Suns AD was the best player on the floor, then he got hurt half way through game 4 and basically missed the rest of the series even though he came on for 5 minutes in game 6. Without AD the Lakers are average, and LeBron wasn't the best player on the floor in any of the 6 games. I know he was hampered by injury but I have heard LeBron fangirls suggest that Jordan coming back in 1995 after missing about 150 games to play baseball didn't have to play catch up. Even though he was clearly not match fit he still gave Shaq and Penny 38, 40 and 39 points in the ECSF.

As far as I'm concerned you don't get to play GM and gut the roster to get a top 5 player in then shrug your shoulders because you have no help when said top 5 player is injured. KD, Luka, Kawhi, Dame, Booker have all been turning it on these playoffs with varying degrees of help.
LeBron did have a very underwhelming series. As you said, at no point during the Phoenix series was LBJ the best player on the court.

The only reason this is debated is because people on this forum never were alive for Jordan's career. If Jordan came across a wall he hammered it until he knocked it down. Lebron goes around walls and forms super teams like a mercenary. On leadership alone Jordan is the GOAT. You'd never see Kuzma have to shove Jordan in the back to play defence, or flop on the ground like he's been shot to draw a foul.

Jordan is 6/6 in finals. Remind me what Lebrons record is again?

lol @ KD being the best player in the world for 5 years.

Just a reminder exactly 5 years ago KD lost a series against the Warriors when up 3-1. He shot less than 40% in those last 3 games.

Meanwhile LeBron was coming back from 3-1 down against the Warriors. We obviously know how LeBron played in those last 3 games.

KD was obviously great on those Warrior teams. But, swap KD and LeBron for those 3 years and the Warriors probably win all 3 Championships (instead of only 2). And LeBron was hardly terrible in those series against the Warriors. They were just playing the GOAT team. No one has a go at MJ (nor should they) for losing to the Celtics all time great teams.

And last year KD was injured. Not sure how you can be the best player in the league when you are injured. Meanwhile LeBron is dominating the playoffs and rolling his way to a Championship and winning FMVP.

lol @ KD being the best player in the world for 5 years.

Just a reminder exactly 5 years ago KD lost a series against the Warriors when up 3-1. He shot less than 40% in those last 3 games.

Meanwhile LeBron was coming back from 3-1 down against the Warriors. We obviously know how LeBron played in those last 3 games.

KD was obviously great on those Warrior teams. But, swap KD and LeBron for those 3 years and the Warriors probably win all 3 Championships (instead of only 2). And LeBron was hardly terrible in those series against the Warriors. They were just playing the GOAT team. No one has a go at MJ (nor should they) for losing to the Celtics all time great teams.

And last year KD was injured. Not sure how you can be the best player in the league when you are injured. Meanwhile LeBron is dominating the playoffs and rolling his way to a Championship and winning FMVP.
Ok so four years, not five.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KD owned LeBron in the finals with Golden State, won back to back chips and back to back Finals MVPs. He has been the games best player for a while. Was on track to win a three-peat until his achilles. Then Toronto won, and he was out for a year. Now he's back and again is just playing unbelievably well. Could win another chip this season.
KD did not own Lebron... This is such BS to try and suit the narrative you want

in 2017 Lebron 33/12/10/1/1 on 56% from the field

vs KD 35/8/5/1/1 55% from the field

In 2018

Lebron - 34/8/10/1/1 52% from the field

vs KD 28/11/7/1/2 52% from the field

Both were outstanding but one team had Steph/Klay/Draymond that is he difference

KD did not own Lebron... This is such BS to try and suit the narrative you want

in 2017 Lebron 33/12/10/1/1 on 56% from the field

vs KD 35/8/5/1/1 55% from the field

In 2018

Lebron - 34/8/10/1/1 52% from the field

vs KD 28/11/7/1/2 52% from the field

Both were outstanding but one team had Steph/Klay/Draymond that is he difference
Dont just look at box scores. Watch the actual games. KD was huge when it mattered, hit all the big shots and rightfully won Finals MVP both times.

Dont just look at box scores. Watch the actual games. KD was huge when it mattered, hit all the big shots and rightfully won Finals MVP both times.
I watched every single one of them and yes KD was the deserving mvp but he absolutely did not smash Lebron.

those two swap teams and Lebron has extra titles and finals mvps.

I assume KD is going to win this series against the Bucks though as the best player in the NBA, anything less would be a major disappointment.

I watched every single one of them and yes KD was the deserving mvp but he absolutely did not smash Lebron.

those two swap teams and Lebron has extra titles and finals mvps.

I assume KD is going to win this series against the Bucks though as the best player in the NBA, anything less would be a major disappointment.
He was the best player on the floor in both finals, his team won. I dont know what more he would have to do to convince people he is now the best player in the world.

Who knows, it's 2-2, could go either way. He's the best player in the series though.

He was the best player on the floor in both finals, his team won. I dont know what more he would have to do to convince people he is now the best player in the world.

Who knows, it's 2-2, could go either way. He's the best player in the series though.
Well personally i would like to see him do it without being surrounded by 3 possibly 4 other hall of fame players

This is his chance to carry deadwood to the finals in the pathetic east like Lebron did year in year out

You seriously have zero credibility.

Imagine for one second if LeBron had Steph Curry and Klay Thompson as his back court - I dread to think what he would do :eek:

You could not imagine a more perfect combination.

Hmmmm. East deemed as pathetic when Lebron is there. He leaves, it is no longer pathetic......
Maybe the dominance of his teams when he was there has something to do with that?

KD playing without Kyrie and Harden is pretty much the same level of support that Lebron had in his early days. Let's see what he does.

Hmmmm. East deemed as pathetic when Lebron is there. He leaves, it is no longer pathetic......
Maybe the dominance of his teams when he was there has something to do with that?

KD playing without Kyrie and Harden is pretty much the same level of support that Lebron had in his early days. Let's see what he does.
So the East isnt allowed to change once LeBron leaves?! Lol.

The East is now miles better, three legitimate title contenders in Philly, Brooklyn and the Bucks and a few other decent teams now with Atlanta and New York getting better.

And yeah, after Game 5, I mean... Durant is better than LeBron and is the best player on the planet. And has been for about 4 or so years, only interrupted by his achilles injury.

So the East isnt allowed to change once LeBron leaves?! Lol.

The East is now miles better, three legitimate title contenders in Philly, Brooklyn and the Bucks and a few other decent teams now with Atlanta and New York getting better.

And yeah, after Game 5, I mean... Durant is better than LeBron and is the best player on the planet. And has been for about 4 or so years, only interrupted by his achilles injury.

lol

You just suggested the East is getting better and cited the Knicks

They are on the improve. But it's really just the Nets, Bucks and 76ers who have massively improved the East. All three are title contenders whereas in LeBron's years in the East. No team outside of the one he was on was even remotely close to winning a title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back