35_MichaelRischitelli.jpg

DETAILS
JUMPER # 35
DOB 08.01.1986
HEIGHT 184
WEIGHT 81.6
FORMER CLUB Brisbane Lions

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/michael-rischitelli/

Michael Rischitelli joins Gold Coast SUNS after a 111-game career with the Brisbane Lions. He was GC SUNS third uncontracted player signing. Rischitelli hails from Melbourne where he was a standout junior player at club level for Keilor and starred with the Western Jets TAC Cup Under 18’s side.

Taken by the Lions at Pick 61 in the 2003 National Draft, he made his AFL debut in Round 17, 2004, a game in which he contributed two goals in his side’s massive 141-point drubbing of the Adelaide Crows. After playing just three games for the Lions in 2005, Rischitelli eventually broke through for a regular senior place in 2006, a season that saw him play 18 games, earn a NAB Rising Star Nomination and win the club’s 2006 Most Improved Player Award.

Thereafter he became an integral part of the Lions’ midfield, his renowned toughness and A-grade work rate highlighted when he won the Lions’ Most Courageous Player and Most Effective Tackler Awards in 2008. In 2010 he averaged 24.1 disposals and 4.5 tackles per game and arrives at his new footballing home in arguably career best form.

Thought rischa's performance in both games were a bit below par from what we know hes capable of.
Played through the midfield on a run with roll on jude bolton which may explain why he was less prolific then a few of the other midfielders.
Having said that and the fact we have no real lock down type, that could be the type of roll bluey sees him performing,which is'nt a bad thing because unlike some run with players rischa has an offensive side to his game.
All in all keep an eye out next time you see him play and if im correct you should find him running with one of the oppositions best play makers.

A For Effort.

EVERY journey starts with a single step, and the one word buzzing around Gold Coast ahead of Saturday's round one clash against Adelaide is effort.

After claiming the wooden spoon with three victories last year and winning just one of five pre-season matches this year, deputy vice-captain Michael Rischitelli said the Suns had to focus on the little things.

He said winning was important - particularly at Metricon Stadium where they haven't broken their duck - but the Suns had to get other things right first.

"I think for us it's just important we come together and get the effort right," Rischitelli said after a beach recovery session on Monday morning.

"If we get the effort right, that's where we can build and win some more games.

"As long as we're competitive, we'll give ourselves every chance to win. When it's your turn to go, you go - we have to start building on that and hopefully it goes through the whole team and everyone does their job."

After a difficult NAB Cup that included a loss to GWS, the Suns finished with some confidence by running the Sydney Swans to within 19 points in their final match. Scores were level deep into the final quarter before the Swans kicked away.

Adelaide's stunning pre-season culminated in the NAB Cup premiership, and Rischitelli described the Crows as quick, skilful and well-drilled. He added Gold Coast had plenty of homework to do on their opponents this week.

"It's been a long pre-season, the boys are eager to get out there and we can't wait," he said.

"I think we've come a long way, especially from last year, the boys have trained hard and we feel ready."

The Suns have almost a full list to pick from, aside from suspended duo Nathan Bock and Danny Stanley and injured pair Trent McKenzie (knee) and Rory Thompson (adductor).

Sam Day and Brandon Matera had interrupted pre-seasons but played the most recent reserves game on March 17 and are available for selection.

Fresh win a different feeling for Suns.
"You could definitely tell everyone was happy and excited but at the same time I got the feeling that we weren't getting ahead of ourselves," he said.

"We enjoyed the win but it's a new week now and we are focused on Sydney.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else. But any is Rischitellie out of the team this week? Dropped or injured?

Returning Rischitelli an ‘in-house trade’.
But now his body is back to its best, and McKenna believes his deputy vice-captain is ready to show the best of his game next season.

"Supporters may have been frustrated and I'm sure Michael has been too," McKenna said.

"It was hard for him to compete at the level he wanted to because his body wouldn't let him.

"He's probably back to that first year (2011) as far as his output goes, so that's exciting.

"To get him back in our side is a big tick. It's like an in-house trade. We haven't had an experienced hard-bodied player and midfielder, which is important.

Gold Coast Sun Michael Rischitelli fit and set to let rip this season.
But Rischitelli is giving himself every chance to once again become a key member of the Suns squad.

He returned a week before the rest of the senior group when the club's pre-season started last November and said his body is now reaping the rewards for the early start.

"It's the first time in a couple of years where I feel pretty free and powerful," he said. "I'm pretty excited for this year and it's good knowing you've done all the sessions in the pre-season and that I'm giving myself every chance to play every game this year."

His contract finishes at the end of this season - does anyone reckon he''ll leave, or will he re-sign?

Sorry to intrude - but I have friend who did a shift at a Melbourne hospital where Michael had shoulder surgery today.

To all accounts, everything went as planned. Sorry I don't have too much more to add, but if it was a player from my club... I'd be keen to know.

All the best for the last couple of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude - but I have friend who did a shift at a Melbourne hospital where Michael had shoulder surgery today.

To all accounts, everything went as planned. Sorry I don't have too much more to add, but if it was a player from my club... I'd be keen to know.

All the best for the last couple of games.
no worries, thanks for the info. shoulder and knee, eh? footy's cruel sometimes, he's gonna be hobbling around for a while haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back