Michael Slater dumped from Channel 7 commentary team

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys had long standing issues for 20-25 years , pretty well known amongst people who played with and against him.

Wasnt too much of a suprise to see this unfortunately

Has never ever been the same since that blow up (not saying it’s the reason) with Dravid after the catch was overturned in 2001(?) - think it wasn’t long afterwards he got pissed and made a fool of himself on the stage with Barnesy at the AB Medal

Has never ever been the same since that blow up (not saying it’s the reason) with Dravid after the catch was overturned in 2001(?) - think it wasn’t long afterwards he got pissed and made a fool of himself on the stage with Barnesy at the AB Medal
Plenty of issues prior to that too just not public .
Lot of people were shocked he landed media gigs .
Its sad for all involved

Plenty of issues prior to that too just not public .
Lot of people were shocked he landed media gigs .
Its sad for all involved

Having spent most of my life in regional ‘cities’ like Dubbo and Bathurst you get to hear a lot of stories about people like Slats and Carey who grew up in similar places, I’ve not heard many people say anything nice about Carey from his Wagga days but Slater seemed to be pretty popular with the general public there before and soon after hitting the big time.

The Nine News segment on him leaving court was disgraceful.

A former employee and they make him out to be some kind of serial killer.

The 'reporter' even asked 'do you have anger issues?', and they played that clip twice.

Took them until about a minute to mention the little fact that he isn't accused of physical assault of any kind.

I could not stand Slater as a commentator, but that kind of treatment of a former employee is beyond the pale.

The 'reporter' even asked 'do you have anger issues?', and they played that clip twice.

Took them until about a minute to mention the little fact that he isn't accused of physical assault of any kind.

I could not stand Slater as a commentator, but that kind of treatment of a former employee is beyond the pale.
He looked shocking too poor bastard, he's got plenty of issues on top of this I'd guess and I hope he gets the help he needs.

I think ch 9 played the clip because it featured the ch 9 reporter. They didnt play what the ch 7 reporter asked.

inb4orly

Pretty obvious his bipolar has been playing up, maybe he was on meds, then went off them and added drugs to the mix.

Either way seems something has gone amiss of recent years after he’d appeared more stable for a while.

Also 2001 when he was dropped, it was more to give him a wake up call, but Langer made a ton, Slats didn’t get a wake up call, and the new opening combination ended up being Australia’s most successful in history.

Looks like everything is falling apart for him. Sad

F him

Just a gutless, up himself coward who thought he could get away with being a woman basher

Pretty obvious his bipolar has been playing up, maybe he was on meds, then went off them and added drugs to the mix.

Either way seems something has gone amiss of recent years after he’d appeared more stable for a while.

Also 2001 when he was dropped, it was more to give him a wake up call, but Langer made a ton, Slats didn’t get a wake up call, and the new opening combination ended up being Australia’s most successful in history.

No excuse for his behaviour

Deserves a stint away in gaol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had no idea

Yeah, you'd have to say that it's fairly likely that he'll re-offend given the current charges and his lawyer's argument of mitigating factors (i.e. relapse of alcohol addiction) and if so, will be spending some time in jail. But having an alcohol addiction doesn't change the very real fear that kind of harassment had on his ex-partner and she'd be feeling pretty concerned that the risk of jail time wasn't enough to stop him this time around.

Goddamn he's one frail and spaced out looking mother*er.

How good is meth.

4e7d52fb6abbc2d748a5a3fc4486f13a

"Mr Slater allegedly sent at least 66 text messages and made 18 phone calls to the complainant."

Must have had the phone on silent and got them all in one hit, otherwise you'd think she'd block his number before he'd sent that many calls and texts.

"Mr Slater allegedly sent at least 66 text messages and made 18 phone calls to the complainant."

Must have had the phone on silent and got them all in one hit, otherwise you'd think she'd block his number before he'd sent that many calls and texts.

I reckon its more the fact she needed it as evidence so she could show the cops and he could be charged.

I dont have any experience in being in a toxic relationship or bad break up yet thank god and hopefully it never happens.

But i reckon you would be safer keeping every message possible in case you needed it further down the line to either defend yourself or make a complaint so it can't be manipulated and the full facts can get presented.

Yeah its falling apart now for him. This is a tragic ending waiting to happen. He wont get another job in the media.

I think the Slater camp had done a pretty good job in keeping things under wraps for all these years. Maybe now having no job is contributing to it.

As there had always been issues his retirement was messy after the fallout in england 2001 and he is one of the only cricketers to have had a major falling out with Adam Gilchrist who everyone got along with and loved.

Why block when she can let him incriminate himself more? F him

I reckon its more the fact she needed it as evidence so she could show the cops and he could be charged.

I dont have any experience in being in a toxic relationship or bad break up yet thank god and hopefully it never happens.

But i reckon you would be safer keeping every message possible in case you needed it further down the line to either defend yourself or make a complaint so it can't be manipulated and the full facts can get presented.

100% correct

Police would have told her to just let him incriminate himself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back