Remove this Banner Ad

Aussie_Roo

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi Port fans

I was wondering, if any of you know what has happened to young Michael Stevens. He has been around for a couple of years now, and doesn't seem to be getting a game. He had the potential to be an absolute gun.

Looking forward to the game on Friday night, should be a good one.

Cheers.

yes, we had big hopes for him when we picked him up. If he turned out anything like his older brother we would be laughing. He has had his opportunities over the past 2 seasons, but never really grasped them. There is plenty of competition in the Power side for players of his type, and we've added to that again with this year's recruits. He's also a bit on the small side to get a regular midfield spot.

I think other players on our list have passed him by and unless he gets an opportunity and takes it this season I'd be pretty sure he'll be either traded or delisted at the end of the year. North look like they're finally moving towards a youth policy, so maybe we could swap him for a draft pick.

Originally posted by Aussie_Roo:
Hi Port fans

I was wondering, if any of you know what has happened to young Michael Stevens. He has been around for a couple of years now, and doesn't seem to be getting a game. He had the potential to be an absolute gun.

Looking forward to the game on Friday night, should be a good one.

Cheers.

His disposal is a bit suspect, also his ability to win the ball and especially his guts are suspect as well. Last year Mark Williams said after a loss, that it would be the last time some of htose players would be seen in a power guernsey until they gained some guts, and i think Stevens was one of them. Hed be one of the last midfielders on our list that id pick for a game, just above lyle i think

Grave Danger and Macca 19 have summed it up pretty well I would say. Played OK for Central in the SANFL GF but did not have the impact of Dew or Guerra. I would say that if he gets a game we will have a lot of injuries. Swap for Harvey or Archer would be attractive to us !

I'd settle for Byron Pickett
wink.gif

thanks for the info guys. There would be riots if the Roos traded any of the 3 you mentioned for him. Perhaps we could trade Stuart Cochrane for him though??? A player with finals experience - could be what you're after..lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back