Michael Talia arrested for drug possession

Remove this Banner Ad

They are under No more pressure than any other person working for a living. The only pressure they really face is that they are open to public scrutiny and for that they get paid substantially more than others who are far more skilled and under far more pressure. Playing AFL football is a choice they make and like anything else if you can't handle it, walk away and go do something else.

in saying all of that, this is much ado about very little - talia would be one of hundreds across Australia that got done for possession on the weekend - it's just unfortunate as stated above, that he lives in the AFL fish bowl and therefore media fodder. Plead guilty, do a diversion program, get a spent conviction, learn from it and move on and in a few months it will all be forgotten.

Legalising drugs is a completely different topic and irrelevant to what has happened to talia

Low drug use in Singapore and Indonesia, if you're looking for foreign examples.

Police searched JOR and found nothing. He's since told the HFC he had nothing on him and that he'll gladly be tested.
Only cause the cops arrived before they both had a chance to snort it, and talia had the bag that contained the drugs they both were on their way to snort. Dumb luck. Don't tell me he went into the alleyway for no reason. #familyclub#goodblokes

You're joking right?

Joking how? Drug use is low in Indonesia. An undeniable fact.

I'm merely pointing out that in a vacuum any argument can be made. Viva Portugal.

Only cause the cops arrived before they both had a chance to snort it, and talia had the bag that contained the drugs they both were on their way to snort. Dumb luck. Don't tell me he went into the alleyway for no reason. #familyclub#goodblokes

Your theory is no more valid than the one you quoted - like the other it's just your opinion

#freekickJOR

JOR was catching up with cousins. Hawks had the weekend off. Talia happened to be there with swans players. They know each other from cannons and left together to grab a cab. Cops were blitzing the area and searched them. Talia said Jono had nothing to do with it. Jono told Hawks and asked to be tested to prove it. There's nothing to see here.

Thanks Jono.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naive to think JOR didn't know MT had a bag of coke on him.

It's very possible that JOR was going to partake in consumption of the coke as well.

Both dills that need to learn a lesson from this situation. We've all ****ed up.

Joking how? Drug use is low in Indonesia. An undeniable fact.

I'm merely pointing out that in a vacuum any argument can be made. Viva Portugal.

I think you are way off target here, its reported 33 people die every day from drug abuse......http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/news/bnn-says-33-die-of-drugs-daily-not-40-50/

There was a time when shabu ( meth ) was the drug of choice, now it is street grade heroin known as putauw...http://www.worldpress.org/asia/1487.cfm

dave123 is a drug and alcohol counsellor...

...colour me surprised

Sorry for mentioning it again. It was in referee to post about illicit drugs being performance enhancing

If this thread was about fixing a car, I'd listen to the mechanic

Just sayin

I'm not saying I'm right by the way, drugs is such a broad social problem we should be listening to all sorts of ideas and solutions to reducing its harm to society and individuals.

Radical ideas are needed ...and by radical I mean looking at de-criminalising drugs

Alcohol by far is our most problematic substance - road deaths, cancer, domestic violence, street violence (one punch) and so forth yet it's the substance that our club use as sponsors and the league. The hypocrisy in this is damning. Let's have an alcohol free round at the footy ...no beer ...free tickets for kids. Guess what people would still go and enjoy the game.

I think you are way off target here, its reported 33 people die every day from drug abuse......http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/news/bnn-says-33-die-of-drugs-daily-not-40-50/

There was a time when shabu ( meth ) was the drug of choice, now it is street grade heroin known as putauw...http://www.worldpress.org/asia/1487.cfm

Yeah read both articles

So we can no maybe just maybe os the death penalty for drug offences also has had the desired impact

I'm in Bali at the moment actually and there is big drug problem here .....and it's alcohol.

I don't think you understand what a fact is.

Drug use is all around the word ...They have those things called aeroplanes that transport drugs rather easily

And you can make meth yourself, hello Internet

I have many clients who think they need to move towns to get away from drugs not to realise drugs are everywhere.

Only the Eskimos didn't use many drugs

>works as a drug and alcohol counsellor
>goes to Bali for a holiday
>hangs out on Bigfooty all day talking about drugs and alcohol

:drunk:

Lol

This week I've white water ratted
Waterbom park with two high energy kids for ten hours straight
Swam with manta rays on Lembongan island
Mountain biked
Climbed a mountain at midnight through a hot forest to watch the sun rise
Paddled boarded
Surfed ....

I actually don't sit around much ....plus it's hot so you gotta rest eventually

Yeah nah

You were there were you?

Sorry if this has already been said but there MUST be more to this story.
I am sorry but the cops don't just randomly approach people in the suburbs and search their pockets.
Either MT was incredibly unlucky or this is MORE to this.
Either a tip off or he was part of a deal or something - but it cant have just been coincidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back