News Michael Talia arrested (read OP first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I pass judgement, can he play footy?

Hard to say.

He only played the Collingwood match and they had something like 5 inside 50's all night.

It has nothing to do with drugs, alcohol or even smashing you mates car.

We have a culture which is based on accepting responsibility for your actions whether that be on the field or off it. If Talia accepts responsibility for his actions and is genuine about earning their trust again then he will be supported to do so.

The club is acutely aware that we don't live in a perfect world and neither does it expect its players or staff to be perfect all of the time. What it does do extremely well is provide an environment where players choose to do the right thing or accept, learn and grow from their mistakes.

Of course the club would be p@ssed for being put in this position, what it does when placed in this position will show the rest of the football community why our culture and support structures within the football department are looked at as being the best within the industry.
They could also, in the strongest possible terms show the players, staff, sponsors and supporters that they will not put up with someone in their ranks publicly staining its brand and core values. If you'd read my earlier posts I said it's naive to assume other swans players also indulge, like other clubs, codes, society etc. I don't disagree with your viewpoint, just the probable outcome.

They could also, in the strongest possible terms show the players, staff, sponsors and supporters that they will not put up with someone in their ranks publicly staining its brand and core values. If you'd read my earlier posts I said it's naive to assume other swans players also indulge, like other clubs, codes, society etc. I don't disagree with your viewpoint, just the probable outcome.
How is Hurley going

They could also, in the strongest possible terms show the players, staff, sponsors and supporters that they will not put up with someone in their ranks publicly staining its brand and core values.

Isn't that what Harley did in his press conference though? He made it very clear that this wasn't acceptable. He's not going to completely throw his player under the bus in front of the media. I am sure that behind closed doors they would be reading him the riot act.

Isn't that what Harley did in his press conference though? He made it very clear that this wasn't acceptable. He's not going to completely throw his player under the bus in front of the media. I am sure that behind closed doors they would be reading him the riot act.
Yes, agreed, all round.

Further up I posted a link that reported that the club won't be delisting him over this and he'll keep his place for 2017.

Now enough of the fighting everyone, this is a topic where we all have strong opinions. The only one that counts is that of the club. I'll back that
You know this for sure?

So you want to take the $100 bet? Just warning, I have very, very good inside knowledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming he's still at the club after this (which I expect him to be as per robbieando's previous link) then after we provide him the support he needs then he's going to have to mend his reputation, rebuild his relationships & repay the club. The simplest way of doing this is putting his head down & bum up. No late nights. Train his arse off. Perform on & off the field as the club demands. Cop his punishment(s) & play out of his skin. Playimg for stuff all money would help too.

Once the club has helped you through this you better bloody put everything into repaying the club or you might as well piss off now Mike. It's that simple I reckon.

I HAVE IT ON EXTREMELY GOOD AUTHORITY that Michael was approached by an unknown gentleman at the nightclub and asked if he was Michael Talia to which he said yes, Michael alleges that this person put something in his pockets and minutes later he was approached and searched by police, I am also led to believe that police were NOT going to press charges (due to quantity) but one of the police there knew he was an AFL player and decided that charges should be laid. Michaels mother has flown to Sydney to be with him. I will have more details tomorrow when I see my source again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back