Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
images

He's in the middle, doesn't look 18 at all.

Whats he doing with current players?

aNty

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
- Daniel is taller (2 cm)
- Daniel played mainly CHF as a junior but switched to CHB for the championships and won u/18 AA.
- I wonder what the speed difference is like now, considering Daniel has had alot of injuries over the last few years.
- Daniel has better hair :D

Could be a good pick up for 2nd round, but as other posters have stated, the gun mid is what we need. Hoping for Grigg but I think Port will get him with pick 4.

Probably most likely Tyson, Greene, Hoskin Elliot, Kavanagh, Sumner, Elton and Brad McKenzie. McKenzie is apprently a similar player. Good accurate Left foot kick from Sturt.

Would be funny though if we picked up Michael. Imagine if we picked Max Otten from last year. Could have two brothers in our backline.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fwiw, he would probably be a handy KP defender however I think he's expected to go in the first round and we cannot afford to use another first round pick on a KP player when we need a classy midfielder.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If there are any question marks over his kicking do not want. Its about time this club put skills as a priority. Look at Collingwood and the Hawks, you cant play their game plans if you cant kick.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
^
Seem to remember that was one of his skills he needed to work on. From my little reading of him, he almost sounds like a clone of Daniel.

Nov 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville-West Torrens FC
Agree with Elite crow and Dylan..need to recruit players with skill (kicking, handballing and decision making). We have a few already who are poor in this area, as been highlighted for some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blight isn't the only one that thinks he can play, it's whether he has the motivation to push himself to play at AFL standard. ;)

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you're saying blighty thinks he can play a bit then?

I think Blight saw him as a cheap option who wouldn't really hurt them if he didn't work out, and hey, why not snap him up on the off-chance it makes a difference re: Gary. And if he works out you've got a premiership KPF basically for free.

I don't think it would have mattered if he wasn't there re: Gary though. He was going anyway.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
But that is not quite the point is it.... If they weren't chasing gary would they have got nathan.

I suspect not.

The off chance it may play a factor was their primary motivation imo. I don't disagree gary probably would have gone anyway.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
My guess: G Ablett was always going to be leaving Geelong, such were the problems between Thompson & himself. GC's decision to sign N Ablett may have helped them entice G Ablett to look in their direction, rather than having him sign for another Vic based club. That, and the big bucket of moolah they thrust under his nose..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back