Michael Taylors 80 + metre kick

Remove this Banner Ad

On 5AA they were talking about big screw punts and mentioned a kick by Michael "Kingo" Taylor in the 1980 grand final. Mentioned to check it out on you tube.

Just had a look and it is a pretty massive kick.

Thought I would share it.

What a thing of beauty. Outstanding work - thanks for sharing!

Kingo was one of my favourite Norwood players. Was devastated when he went to the Pies.

Anyone have footage of Bill Barrot's goal from behind the centre at thebby while he was playing for Torrens? ;)

I reckon Mick Taylor's kick went pretty close to 100 metres. Footy Park is a massive ground, and he's kicked that from well behind half way and landed it in the goal square.

Anyone have footage of Bill Barrot's goal from behind the centre at thebby while he was playing for Torrens? ;)

I reckon that kick went pretty close to 100 metres. Footy Park is a massive ground, and he's kicked that from well behind half way and landed it in the goal square.

I was also there that GF (sadly). I don't remember it being particularly windy, so that is just an amazing kick. Kingo was one of my favourite players also. The complete team man.

How big is that centre square!

On 5AA they were talking about big screw punts and mentioned a kick by Michael "Kingo" Taylor in the 1980 grand final. Mentioned to check it out on you tube.

Just had a look and it is a pretty massive kick.

Thought I would share it.

Great memories. The Port Player who had last hands on it to rush it through was an old school friend of mine, Tony Hannan.

I'd never seen that Taylor kick before -massive and if Roger Woodcock had snared the ball so close to goal then perhaps there could have been a different result :(

Anyway reminded of another huge kick at Footy Park a few years later.
This is Woodville's Paul Harradine vs Port in 1983:

I was there that day at Thebby. Billy took the ball from the ruck and just torped it, went through half way up the goal posts. Unbelievable.

I was there too. :thumbsu:

Definitely the longest goal I've seen. They did measure that kick after a few drinks on the Sunday. It was back in the yards days and was around 100 yards which is approx 90 metres

I'd never seen that Taylor kick before -massive and if Roger Woodcock had snared the ball so close to goal then perhaps there could have been a different result :(

Anyway reminded of another huge kick at Footy Park a few years later.
This is Woodville's Paul Harradine vs Port in 1983:

Harry could kick a ball alright. Played with him at Happy Valley in the late 80's and saw him kick goals from the middle of our ground on more than one occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry could kick a ball alright. Played with him at Happy Valley in the late 80's and saw him kick goals from the middle of our ground on more than one occasion.

I remember him when I was a kid and he played for South, regularly used a torpedo from the wing to the top of the square !

And the cricket pitch at Football Park?(Paul Harradine)
The cricket pitch I don't understand. Cricket was only played there in the 18 months of world series cricket (1977-78 I think), and they used drop ins..

While we're talking torpies, here's Damon White kicking a goal from the centre of Adelaide Oval.

Chris Ladhams takes a hanger at the start of the clip too, haha.

Decade later bump. Has anyone still got a video of the Damon White Kick. I remember seeing it years ago, but can't find a video now that this one has been taken down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back