Michael Voss Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

I am actually. It saddens me that people that call themselves supporters can dance on the grave of a club legend. Essendon fans may be slightly delusional, but at least that delusion is coming from loyalty to their favourite son. People like you are ones who don't buy a membership or turn up to games unless we're winning flags.

So glad we do not have to tolerate you on our board anymore.

Dancing is an undersatement

Vossy came down to the Lions as a junior under Robert Walls as a 15 year old in 1991. Let's not forget this man's 22 years of constant service to our team. I would love to see him do a lap on GF Day. I wish he had seen out the last three rounds

Gutsy call, however it was the correct call. Michael Voss has been the head coach for five seasons, and he failed to get them into the finals each year after his first year.

The results this year have been up and down. There has been no consistency, even throughout matches.

Gutsy call, however it was the correct call. Michael Voss has been the head coach for five seasons, and he failed to get them into the finals each year after his first year.

The results this year have been up and down. There has been no consistency, even throughout matches.

Closer to winning the spoon than playing finals, thank christ for GWS and GC

Whilst the timing is surprising, and the incoming coach will inherent an okay list, Voss was always 50/50 regardless. A bit like Harvey and even Ratten, the question of the board is if Voss can help the Lions challenge for a flag. They obviously don't think so, or can think of someone better. He had 5 years.

Cracked the shits and walked out. He knew what the criteria was at the start of the season and he didn't meet them. Simple. First time in a long time the board acted with Clubs best interest at hand, not Michael Voss'
I'm a huge fan of your posting, you call it as you see it. Not afraid to ruffle any feathers and go against the grain of what the majority thinks. :thumbsu:

Leigh Matthews was a far better player and coach than your current coach.....
Yes he was, but WTF does that have to do with him being a senile old fart ? As far as our current coach goes I presume you are talking about Longmire ? History will be the judge of that as Longmire is still coaching and may win more premierships at Sydney or elsewhere. History will also say that Matthews has Longmire well and truly covered for committing the most cowardly act ever witnessed on a football ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be a great assistant coach, wouldn't mind seeing him at the Eagles
I likewise think he would make a great assistant coach. In fact, I think things would have worked out well for him at Brisbane had Gubby Allen not been at the club when he arrived and he had been supplied with an experienced assistant, or done a so called apprenticeship at another club.

Definitely the Lions appear to be on the right track, which needs to be attributed in part to his hard work.

While its a favourite son and all, imo its the right thing to do. if vossy had wins early in the season when it was alive then this might be different.

Yes he was, but WTF does that have to do with him being a senile old fart ? As far as our current coach goes I presume you are talking about Longmire ? History will be the judge of that as Longmire is still coaching and may win more premierships at Sydney or elsewhere. History will also say that Matthews has Longmire well and truly covered for committing the most cowardly act ever witnessed on a football ground.

He has a better football brain than most others still in the game.

I am actually. It saddens me that people that call themselves supporters can dance on the grave of a club legend. Essendon fans may be slightly delusional, but at least that delusion is coming from loyalty to their favourite son. People like you are ones who don't buy a membership or turn up to games unless we're winning flags.

So glad we do not have to tolerate you on our board anymore.
Great post mate. I feel dumber for reading the posts of a lot of flogs in this thread. For all of you that will see us in the top 4 in 2-4 years, Michael Voss has built this club and this list. If Roos comes in and gets us in the top 4 next year it will be from the foundations Voss has laid. We could have easily crashed and burned to Melbourne-like levels but he never once lost the playing group. That's a massive credit when your team is so far down, to keep the effort and improvement coming. It is particularly frustrating when it's Lions supporters dancing on a legend's grave, but not to worry. Superflogs like Let's Roar Like 44 will be celebrating when we are in the finals soon, telling us about how in his fantasy world Voss set the club back 5 years, then the new coach magically made the team blossom into a high quality side. Voss has laid the foundations and we have some real quality to build on. Wish he could stay 2 more years and share in the good times, but I guess unfortunately that's never going to happen.

I'm a huge fan of your posting, you call it as you see it. Not afraid to ruffle any feathers and go against the grain of what the majority thinks. :thumbsu:

Been telling them for 3 years Lions are going nowhere, never seen a bunch of supporters accept mediocrity as much as Brisbanes. Voss was a great player, we all know that, but as a coach he has been useless ever since he walked in and thought he could run the ship all by himself, and hire all his buddies to do jobs they have no idea about. Year by year, every year, the assistants would all leave, players were wanting to leave for not being in Vossys little man club. We beat GC, Melb and St K in recent weeks and suddenly we're on the verge of final's? Give me a break. Supporters should be over the moon, leave their love feast for Voss behind and think about the Club moving forward instead.

Great post mate. I feel dumber for reading the posts of a lot of flogs in this thread. For all of you that will see us in the top 4 in 2-4 years, Michael Voss has built this club and this list. If Roos comes in and gets us in the top 4 next year it will be from the foundations Voss has laid. We could have easily crashed and burned to Melbourne-like levels but he never once lost the playing group. That's a massive credit when your team is so far down, to keep the effort and improvement coming. It is particularly frustrating when it's Lions supporters dancing on a legend's grave, but not to worry. Superflogs like Let's Roar Like 44 will be celebrating when we are in the finals soon, telling us about how in his fantasy world Voss set the club back 5 years, then the new coach magically made the team blossom into a high quality side. Voss has laid the foundations and we have some real quality to build on. Wish he could stay 2 more years and share in the good times, but I guess unfortunately that's never going to happen.

Of course I'll be celebrating when we make the finals, and when we do, people will be asking Michael who?

Been telling them for 3 years Lions are going nowhere, never seen a bunch of supporters accept mediocrity as much as Brisbanes. Voss was a great player, we all know that, but as a coach he has been useless ever since he walked in and thought he could run the ship all by himself, and hire all his buddies to do jobs they have no idea about. Year by year, every year, the assistants would all leave, players were wanting to leave for not being in Vossys little man club. We beat GC, Melb and St K in recent weeks and suddenly we're on the verge of final's? Give me a break. Supporters should be over the moon, leave their love feast for Voss behind and think about the Club moving forward instead.
It's the fact that he is a Lions legend who had to leave today on those terms that is saddening.

Can't handle a bit of emotion from the supporter base? Probably shouldn't be reading this thread or the Brisbane board then.

It's the fact that he is a Lions legend who had to leave today on those terms that is saddening.

Can't handle a bit of emotion from the supporter base? Probably shouldn't be reading this thread or the Brisbane board then.

He didnt have to leave today at all. He cracked the shits and walked out.

He didnt have to leave today at all. He cracked the shits and walked out.
How did he "crack the shits"? Quotes and links please.

He just as likely may have left because he thought it was in the best interests of the club. Which you or I wouldn't be able to determine, because in reality we are going off a few online newspaper articles and assumptions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back