Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Buckley senior assistant replacing Voss who gets Collingwood job

It would be great IMO.

The consensus seems to be that Bucks can coach but isn't great at man management/team unity.

Let Ken take care of the latter and let Bucks coach.

As I've written before, Voss seems to have found his niche last year being the coach at ground level, barking orders and talking to the players. He was an on field general and its probably the closest he can get to repeating that.

Has he improved as a coach? You would hope so. Is he good enough to be the main man being a combo of decent strategist and man manager? Who would really know, but you would think second time around, 8 years later after experiencing a 2nd club and their ups and downs, you would think so.

Unless that doyen of coach makers the kochmeister is silly enough to anoint him as his next 10 year project for the `little old blue collar club from Alberton' it won't surprise me greatly if Voss never gets the number one gig with an AFL club again.

Coaches move on. If Voss leaves, and he is probably as good a chance as any at this stage, then it just becomes who do we need.

We can lament Hinkley’s seemingly indefinite tenure but he does seem that a strong senior assistant can have a big impact on our game. Richo and Walsh seemed to. Bassett’s finger prints are all over our defensive set ups.

If we are stuck with Hinkley then maybe we need a Pyke, Teague, Caracella type.

We can lament Hinkley’s seemingly indefinite tenure but he does seem that a strong senior assistant can have a big impact on our game. Richo and Walsh seemed to. Bassett’s finger prints are all over our defensive set ups.

If we are stuck with Hinkley then maybe we need a Pyke, Teague, Caracella type.

We use to say this about Schofield and Monty.

Collingwood has sounded out Michael Voss as part of its hunt for a new senior coach.

The Magpies have informally approached the Port Adelaide senior assistant and three-time Brisbane premiership player after news last week that Sam Mitchell had pulled out of the process.

Voss, 46, is now expected to take part in the formal interview process as Collingwood searches for its 20th coach in 119 years after axing Nathan Buckley.

Voss was the hot favourite to win Carlton’s vacant coaching job in 2019 before caretaker David Teague delivered five wins from his first seven games in charge.

Voss joined the Power in 2015 as midfield coach and was promoted to senior assistant in 2019.

Power coach Ken Hinkley said Voss was “more than ready” for a second crack in the hot seat.

“He’s been a high-quality assistant for me,” Hinkley said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/1f1ca5c546b8e6ef53bb17ebfa69de48

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m probably on the fence on this one. What we really need is to poach someone from Hawthorn, West Coast or a club that can actually move the ball forward.

This post just makes me sad. Nearly 3 years old and we still have the exact same issue.

Take all our coaches if you like Collingwood except Schofield.

The early candidates for coaching jobs, the last 5 years or so, have just been fodder for clubs before someone else wins the appointment.

Our midfield isn't setting the world on fire, so not sure why Schofield gets so much love. Wouldn't get rid of him yet, but people seem to be putting a heck of a lot of stock into him.
If you look at the losses this year, the oppo have had a better and deeper midfield in most cases.

I don't think anyone will question Melbourne and Bulldogs being better than our's. Brisbane's midfield is better and has spanked us for 3 years now. Plus they used the ball better than we did that night.

WCE game Naitanui had one of those nights where he was unstoppable.

I thoughts our mids were good against Geelong, but our defence was not good enough to stop Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan. There were a few bad defensive errors that let them get a handful of easy goals. Plus we played right into Tom Stewart's hand.

Last edited:
Our midfield isn't setting the world on fire, so not sure why Schofield gets so much love. Wouldn't get rid of him yet, but people seem to be putting a heck of a lot of stock into him.
People like him because he ran a system in Perth that kicked goals.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back