Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a rumour before Covid hit, October/November/December 2019, that Dew was heading back to SA along with Francou at the end of 2020 and Port were interested in talking to them both. The Dew stuff was apparently driven by a family member's poor health.

I was sceptical at the time. Francou has returned. If Dew is still driven by family issues to return to SA, we definitely should talk to him.
So GC could be looking for a senior coach again?

Click on thread expecting to read how Vossy was told to do a 2004 Clarko and clear out his desk before finals....

While we're talking past players in the coaching box no love for Kingsley? I've always been a believer that players like him make far better coaches than players that have always been rated top 3.

Years of personal experience in how to squeeze out another 1-2% out of your game just to get picked must give you great insights into how to get more out of players 12-28 on your list which is half your side on any given weekend

I'm not confident Voss will ever get another senior coaching gig. Nobody seems seriously interested. Feel like if he was going to get another shot he would've been poached well before now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, not surprised he'll be around. It's the young coaches we want to hold onto that'll go. That Bassett and Voss aren't head coaches elsewhere, despite years since their last stint or in the system, tells everything about how they are rated across the league.
It’s all about opportunity, Chris Fagan, David Noble…spent years in the back room, indeed your own coach was pigeonholed as such, Voss should never have got the Brisbane job when he did, but he was installed by idiots still drunk on the Three peat and not prepared to let him go elsewhere. There is no way I would go with a first time coach that’s only been part of one system…Nathan Buckley anyone?

Can't Andrew Mackie or some equivalent player at ours send Carlton a text that he's still gettable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back