Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no method to our forward 50 entries. Frustrating is an understatement.

Eh we never have any space, melbourne had heaps of room in the forward 50 from what I saw of the game in the first quarter, space to lead into and room to work, we are our own worst enemy as we either clog it up ourselves or we completely empty it out.

Voss seems to be the easy target for criticism but really they all should be under pressure besides Bassett but unfortunately they are all locked in long term.

Voss isn't even in my top 3 for coaches under fire though. It has to start with Kenny, and then after that I'd be chopping Hart and Nicks.

Voss seems to be the easy target for criticism but really they all should be under pressure besides Bassett but unfortunately they are all locked in long term.

Voss isn't even in my top 3 for coaches under fire though. It has to start with Kenny, and then after that I'd be chopping Hart and Nicks.
Nicks had form as the defense coach. Possibly worthwhile putting him back there and giving Bassett the responsibility of the midfield. Bring in some new blood up forward.

Hocking is the midfield coach, while Voss is the midfield manager. My understanding is that Voss is working more one on one with the mids while Hocking was in charge of coaching the midfield group and organising stoppage setups etc. Given that we are nearly always winning the centre clearances, but get spanked in stoppage clearances that would indicate to me that our one on one midfield work is actually not too bad. It's the setup around the stoppages and our group effort to defend these situations that is the main problem. Therefore Hocking seems to be the one most at fault, which is probably why the talk is that he'll be let go at the end of the year.

Nicks had form as the defense coach. Possibly worthwhile putting him back there and giving Bassett the responsibility of the midfield. Bring in some new blood up forward.
For me the forward line is by far our biggest issue, it has the players but is not performing, definitely need a fresh face for that line coaching role. Bassett has done an admirable job as the defence coach with senior players missing all year and having to make do with an extremely inexperienced line up so I'd be reluctant to change his role too much.

Nicks has been at Port a long time, I think it is time for him to move on.

i agree that change needs to be made. But apart from the snippits of information on what these guys actually do, i really have no clue. So impossible to know who is at fault. I just hope that the person with the stongest finger at the impending pointfest isnt the one retained.

W
Hocking is the midfield coach, while Voss is the midfield manager. My understanding is that Voss is working more one on one with the mids while Hocking was in charge of coaching the midfield group and organising stoppage setups etc. Given that we are nearly always winning the centre clearances, but get spanked in stoppage clearances that would indicate to me that our one on one midfield work is actually not too bad. It's the setup around the stoppages and our group effort to defend these situations that is the main problem. Therefore Hocking seems to be the one most at fault, which is probably why the talk is that he'll be let go at the end of the year.
whoever has the responsibility of how we transition the ball from our defensive 50 into our attacking 50 needs to go. Watching other teams the (standout being the Bulldogs) move the ball by hitting up a leading target time and time again made me jealous.

W

whoever has the responsibility of how we transition the ball from our defensive 50 into our attacking 50 needs to go. Watching other teams the (standout being the Bulldogs) move the ball by hitting up a leading target time and time again made me jealous.
I would think Nicks would be under serious pressure for this. No leading targets i50, no targets i50 most of the time full stop, no plan to work the ball forward. We're a shambles moving the ball. Hinkley obviously a heck of a lot to answer for as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy for the players to not like Voss if I felt that that dislike was worth it because we had a really well performed midfield group but lolle. We have so many midfielders living off of reputation. Boak Wines Hartlett to a lesser extent Ebert.

Why don't we have any genuine 4 quarter influencers in there apart from Gray?

I'm not convinced Voss is the problem.

It's easy to get caught up in the scapegoating in the heat of a rubbish season but what evidence is at hand that puts a solid case against Voss' impact at the club?

I heard his interview yesterday on AA and he made some good points. Most notably his insistence that we're not one player (ie Ryder) away from fixing the issues.

It's easy to get caught up in the scapegoating in the heat of a rubbish season but what evidence is at hand that puts a solid case against Voss' impact at the club?

I heard his interview yesterday on AA and he made some good points. Most notably his insistence that we're not one player (ie Ryder) away from fixing the issues.
But are we one coach away from fixing the issues? Anyway Roo made some sense on MMM this morning. We need an outsider to come in and find out what the problems are. Our internal review last year did sfa.

There's a big difference between seeing the issues and having the skill set to address them. Many of us here can see the issues we have with midfield setups, but we (outside of maybe Macca19) would be just as bad at addressing them if we went all 'IT guy now midfield coach again'.

There's a big difference between seeing the issues and having the skill set to address them. Many of us here can see the issues we have with midfield setups, but we (outside of maybe Macca19) would be just as bad at addressing them if we went all 'IT guy now midfield coach again'.
According to Rucci, Noble is the genius in the Crows coaches box. We should nab him.

But are we one coach away from fixing the issues? Anyway Roo made some sense on MMM this morning. We need an outsider to come in and find out what the problems are. Our internal review last year did sfa.
I'm sorry, but it will be a cold day in hell before I'd take that slimy ****'s advice on anything to do with our club. Saying that, it's what KT did when he first came to Port so I reckon he will be able to identify if it's necessary again.

He might be here for the long haul.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/40923aaac450e47afa061b995d85222e
Change of berth ensures long stay in Port
HE’S the midfield manager some Port Adelaide fans love to sledge – but Michael Voss looks to have settled in at Alberton for the long haul. The former Brisbane Lions coach and Brownlow medallist is selling his sprawling Brisbane home, bought for $2.9 million in 2009. That’s enough for plenty of family houses at Alberton. The five-bedroom house with three bathrooms, in Coorparoo, is pitched as luxury living in a premium location. “Flawlessly designed in a classic ‘U’ configuration around the pool, this spectacular home presents the ultimate in connection and privacy,” agent James Curtain gushes. The house, on 1303 sq m, goes to auction on March 23.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/40923aaac450e47afa061b995d85222e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back