Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention Simon Black. If you're looking at pure skill and footy smarts, he might be one of the best midfielders to have played the game.

The wider media tends to have a hard-on for the big strong in and under mids like Voss, but for mine there's no better type of player to watch than the silky smooth mid. Simon Black was the man in the 00's. Scott Pendlebury is probably the modern day equivalent.

The wider media tends to have a hard-on for the big strong in and under mids like Voss, but for mine there's no better type of player to watch than the silky smooth mid. Simon Black was the man in the 00's. Scott Pendlebury is probably the modern day equivalent.

Agreed, remarkably there was a lot more to Black than just his obscene skill with ball in hand - racked up a lot of tackles, might've even led the AFL for them one of those premiership years.

Vossy is a really good public speaker. I was at a Club1870 event he spoke at a few years back and he was good value.

Has charisma and comes across as really likeable. Enjoyed his Leigh Matthews anecdote.

Vossy is a really good public speaker. I was at a Club1870 event he spoke at a few years back and he was good value.

Has charisma and comes across as really likeable. Enjoyed his Leigh Matthews anecdote.
He has that unique blend of footy head and good sense of humour.

He even said hello to a group of us on our way to the 07 GF. Literally the only thing I remember about that day. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Kochie on radio this morning he said that Voss would step up in his role.

This can only mean that Voss is replacing Nicks as senior assistant.

I can't see any way that he is the best available in Australia for this role.

Why are we settling? Why so quickly?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Listening to Kochie on radio this morning he said that Voss would step up in his role.

This can only mean that Voss is replacing Nicks as senior assistant.

I can't see any way that he is the best available in Australia for this role.

Why are we settling? Why so quickly?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
It’s the new Port Adelaide way. ‘We exist to accept mediocrity and make our community proud’

One step closer to usurping the throne.

Voss we can!

I honestly don't expect anything but crap like this to continue while we have the same crew running the Club - Koch, KT, Davies & Hinkley.

Nothing at all to suggest Voss has been anything but average at best while he's been with us but "hey, let's promote him".

Give it a week or so and Rucci will have another article suggesting we all just need to realise how lucky we are to not be completely s**t but to be in complete admiration of our leaders as we're now firmly entrenched in the 'only occasionally s**t' height of our dreams.

They must honestly believe that the majority of Port supporters have no knowledge or feel for the game and a few well placed words by senior figures or local sports journalists are all that's needed.

Don't worry about what we see, don't worry about results, just believe as we know best.

Insulting.

Yea because his influence has done wonders so far
I won't deny that I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel to find some shards of hope but Voss has been in a reasonably watered down role at Port.

It's entirely possible that he's suggested changes to midfield setups that were not accepted by the rest of the coaching panel that in retrospect would have worked - hence why they are comfortable with increasing his role. While it's easy to be so despondent about the whole coaching situation the fact is that it's a rather opaque setup to the supporters and we have no real way of knowing where fault and successes reside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back