MICHIE PICK 54

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to Michie. I'm glad he has found a club he might get games with. He owes Fremantle nothing.

Not sure what everyone was expecting from this trade. He has a history of serious injuries. Only played half a game. The trade is about what I thought we would get.

If we let him walk into the PSD, we don't get anything. Being childish to make a point or take a hard stance is not worth it. No doubt we will make a massive play for Hogan. If this helps us build a trading rapport, even if by the tiniest amount, then it is worth it. We took Sylvia from them as well, so have to repair the damage from that.

Heaps more going on. Hot weather is overrated. Who cares about pretentious, irrelevant hipsters. Good things going on and better culture with cuter girls in cooler suburbs.

Viv's not a typical footy yobo. Guy thinks a bit wider. I know for a fact, from one of his mates, he was fine to stay in Freo if he was given a crack. But he was never given a decent chance and so we really pissed away someone we could've kept.

I'm a bit pissed but I'll really miss Michie. He was my favourite Docker. Happy to say I saw his only ever game at the Dockers, though.

Hardly played a game for the seniors but he was your favourite Fremantle player?o_O

As you know the system is designed for some player turn-over at the end of the season. Michie battled injury which is no secret - makes it hard to break into a team that is winning games. Why be pissed as you claim at that?

I know for a fact, from one of his mates, he was fine to stay in Freo if he was given a crack.
Another non-footy player that moves in footy circles everywhere, your assumptions take great leaps to mysterious contacts.

I'm a bit pissed but I'll really miss Michie. He was my favourite Docker. Happy to say I saw his only ever game at the Dockers, though.
Just LMAO. 3/4 of a game and your favourite player? I think you've upped your own drivel record.

I'd like to see the list of players that were mid range draft picks, injury prone and had played 1 game in 3 yrs but went for a better draft pick.

Like everyone I would have liked more but 54 is definitely about what he was worth.

Best of luck to him.

What a crock that pick 54 was fair value.

Everyone else is calling it a bargain. Dees supporters are over the moon.

Bond´s strategy of topping up with free agents with limited upside and getting rid of young guys is going to bite back.

In a perfect world we would have done a 3rd round pick swap - Michie and 51 for their 36. But it's not a perfect world, and the reality is that Michie has played half a game in 3 years on the list, spending 2 of those years on the LTI.

Sure his potential is worth more than 54, but until he realises that potential he's not worth more than 54. Sadly. :(

And he's not the kind of player that clubs will trade a higher pick because of that potential considering his injury history and the fact he was only a third rounder to start with. He's the sort of player that gets you chump change or is thrown in as the steak knives in a bigger trade.

What a crock that pick 54 was fair value.

Everyone else is calling it a bargain. Dees supporters are over the moon.

Bond´s strategy of topping up with free agents with limited upside and getting rid of young guys is going to bite back.

Sweet jesus.

He had a contract offer from us in front of him.

WTF did you expect Bond to do? Chain him to a goal post at Fremantle Oval?

Another non-footy player that moves in footy circles everywhere, your assumptions take great leaps to mysterious contacts.
I don't know where you get this "don't play footy idea" from. Maybe because you never have. There is nothing at all odd about playing colts footy in a country town with guys who now play AFL. I'm not friends with them but I have plenty of mates who are. Why would I claim to have played footy with a gangly spud like Bootsma – someone I said (rightly) was an odd choice the day he got drafted?

This 'contact' is someone on Bigfooty. They said Melbourne was a done deal at about 10am via PM. Said person was posting about him being a good little footballer when he was drafted. And unless this person wants to make up anecdotes, then I'm pretty sure they're not lying.
I'll tell you about a few blokes getting drafted this year if you want. And when that turns out to be true as well, you can.... put your fingers in your eyes and think I've just gotten lucky via coincidence.

Just LMAO. 3/4 of a game and your favourite player? I think you've upped your own drivel record.
It's the same reason I like Paul Seedsman, Jack Macrae, Bob Murphy, Richo, and why I reckon Doc Wheildon sounded like a champ. Their footballing ability was irrelevant. It's more because they're a bit different and more interesting than the average cliche-trotter.

It's no different to liking Kepler or Clive. It's a bit of a cult thing. Kepler can't run, has higher numbers for slipping over than disposals, but works continuously and always "gives great effort." It's indescribable but you know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, you've got a weird hatred and investment in someone from a forum... which is alarming. Scary s**t for someone who probably thinks of themselves as "mature."

Football wise, Ballas and Mayne are my favourite players.

Then again, you're a grown man who uses "LMAO" sincerely and who's pissing away his free time on Bigfooty. There's nothing cool about that.

I barely think we can blame Bondy for Michie leaving. I think we are doing a pretty good job of keeping all of our young players together. Michie and Mellington are leaving but lets face it Michie would only get a game next year if one of our prime midfielders got injured and Mellington probably wouldn't have even got a game as Crozier or even Simpson would get a game ahead of him because they add more X factor to our forward line.

I would have to say that people are seriously over reacting to the loss of Michie. Yes he had a good year in the Wafl but he was playing for the bottom team and not getting any real attention from any opposition opponents. He also got injured again for the 3rd year straight which ended his season.

I wish him all the best for his playing future at the Demons and really hope he makes something of his career because he wasn't going to make it in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we know the path to Silent Alarm's heart - mention you're into a few movies outside the norm on DockerTV, and he falls head over heels in love with you.

Good things going on and better culture with cuter girls in cooler suburbs.

I'm sorry but the girls in Melbourne are not hotter than the girls in Perth (on a per capita basis). This is a fact that is indisputable.

I'm going to quote a friend of mine, and I think that minus the football and Kittens, I generally agree with him - 'The only way to fix Melbourne is to burn it to the ground and start again from scratch'.

I'm sorry but the girls in Melbourne are not hotter than the girls in Perth (on a per capita basis). This is a fact that is indisputable.
if we're measuring girls purely on looks, it's true that the weather in perth helps the girls out - making them more tanned, show more skin, have that healthier glow but it's a double edged sword as past 30 the decline is pretty rapid. the weight and wrinkles set in. i call that the 'rockmeloning' effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back