MICHIE PICK 54

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically that is all he is worth given he hasn't played a senior game of AFL footy and being played with injuries lowers his currency. Even though Freo insiders would know if he plays the best part of a 22 game season and beyond he could tear it apart on the field; the fact is there is no way you could argue for earlier pick than that offer. Melbourne a set for a steal.

Who was Peel's B+F in 2012? *Crickets* *Tumbleweeds* *Crickets* Ummm... Brendon Jones? No. The correct answer is, who cares!

The coaches don't really care all that much about WAFL performances. There is a hell of a lot more that goes on at training, in meetings, at the shops etc that would be influencing the match committee.

Suma: "See Michie dominate again in the WAFL on the weekend?"
Lyon: "Yep. Did you see Neale hand him his ass in the last 3 simulations? You know with our set-ups, surrounded by actual AFL players, under fatigue etc ******* etc"
Suma: "..."
Lyon: "Pay attention Suma."

Michie has talent, it's a shame he's leaving BUT bugger me, it's NOT a big deal that (a) he's leaving (b) we were accommodating or (c) he won the 2013 peoples choice award for most popular fringette.

if there was an award for the best "post" of the year, this would be my vote

I don't have any problems with this deal, we've not dropped that far from where we drafted him and his career and lack of opportunities so far is as much down to injury as it is form or being ignored by selectors.

Hope he does well with the Dees, he's got a good teacher to learn off in his senior coach.

What can we do with pick 54? In all honesty???

Players in our grand final team taken after pick 54:

Barlow
Johnson
Sandilands
Duffield
Spurr
DeBoer
Crowley
Sutcliffe
Neale
D. Pearce (by Port)
(Plus C. Pearce who would have played if not for injury and Walters drafted at #53)

So nearly 50% of our grand final team drafted after pick 54 yet some people saying we should have delisted Michie for nothing rather than accept such a lowly pick. :rolleyes:

Don't get the complaint here tbh, we were lucky to get anything at all. Sometimes you'll lose a seeviceable player for nothing. Last year it was Roberton, now it's Michie. Welcome to a new era of 18 teams and compensation picks where every draft pick in the first three rounds is treated like gold.

Don't get the complaint here tbh, we were lucky to get anything at all. Sometimes you'll lose a seeviceable player for nothing. Last year it was Roberton, now it's Michie. Welcome to a new era of 18 teams and compensation picks where every draft pick in the first three rounds is treated like gold.

Indeed

It's almost like Michie for Sylvia and pick 54

At least we know the path to Silent Alarm's heart - mention you're into a few movies outside the norm on DockerTV, and he falls head over heels in love with you.

It's refreshing when every answer that isn't a corny sports movie is The Green Mile or Step Brothers.

It's refreshing when every answer that isn't a corny sports movie is The Green Mile or Step Brothers.

I do like watching those videos to pick the "odd" ones out. I have a new respect for Zac Dawson when he said The XX were his favourite band :thumbsu::thumbsu: As opposed to all the others who mentioned Lil Wayne or something horrendous.

I think maybe we've got the whole thing wrong with Michie.

People are saying that we should have played him more to bring up his trade value, and Sheridan less. We may have it wrong because perhaps Michie always wanted to go back home, and Sheridan didn't.

While playing a guy you know won't be here long has short-term currency, overall in the long run it hurts the team. RTB rewards the players who plan on staying; and quite frankly I'm glad Sheridan got a number of games under his belt this season as opposed to starting green next year.

it's sad when you see the players having their post season trips, and there's Viv having a ball in Thailand with a group of Freo boys.

it's sad when you see the players having their post season trips, and there's Viv having a ball in Thailand with a group of Freo boys.

At least our boys are handling it maturely. Some of the other clubs have been a little childish with departing players not invited to B&F nights, etc.

Seems hypocritical to go out poaching FA's from other teams only to ostracise a player from your own club who chooses to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our B&F night is pretty late this year. I'm guessing Michie (and Mellington) will already be in Melbourne with their new clubs by then? Would be nice for those guys to celebrate with the rest of the players but they might not get the chance.

Our B&F night is pretty late this year. I'm guessing Michie (and Mellington) will already be in Melbourne with their new clubs by then? Would be nice for those guys to celebrate with the rest of the players but they might not get the chance.

I think they still aren't allowed to start with their new clubs until our guys start back because of the CBA.

Pearce started with us early last year.

It is their choice to leave and every decision comes with some form of consequence. I doubt the Doig would rate as a priority with players heading out of town.

Anyway,

Looking at the Dee's recruitment of midfielders with Vince and Tyson, Viv will still have to make his mark by working into their midfield. I'm not sure it will be a walk up as some suspect.

It is their choice to leave and every decision comes with some form of consequence. I doubt the Doig would rate as a priority with players heading out of town.

Anyway,

Looking at the Dee's recruitment of midfielders with Vince and Tyson, Viv will still have to make his mark by working into their midfield. I'm not sure it will be a walk up as some suspect.
He'll walk into that midfield mate. Nathan Jones is a gun. The rest are just kids or crap players. Vince isn't even overrated anymore, he's just lazy and nowhere near worth #23, very stupid decision by Melbourne.

I see Vince as a 'my terms' footballer, like Rockliff.

Let em do what they want, can be great. Ask em to do a role - not so much.

Interesting to see where they play him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

He'll walk into that midfield mate. Nathan Jones is a gun. The rest are just kids or crap players. Vince isn't even overrated anymore, he's just lazy and nowhere near worth #23, very stupid decision by Melbourne.

Have to agree - Roosy's not exactly rebuilding so much as feeling the pressure to get immediate results. Vince will get a kick at Melbourne because there's little competition but he's not really a longer term solution.

I think maybe we've got the whole thing wrong with Michie.

People are saying that we should have played him more to bring up his trade value, and Sheridan less. We may have it wrong because perhaps Michie always wanted to go back home, and Sheridan didn't.

While playing a guy you know won't be here long has short-term currency, overall in the long run it hurts the team. RTB rewards the players who plan on staying; and quite frankly I'm glad Sheridan got a number of games under his belt this season as opposed to starting green next year.

Who knows? Maybe if Sheridan didn't get games, then we would have lost both. Or if Michie had stayed due to getting games ahead of Sheridan, then Sheridan would have walked.

I think it is inevitable at least one of them would have left, and the club chose to focus efforts on keeping Sheridan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back