Podcast Mick Malthouse 'SACKED' podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Notice how many Carlton supporters are salty that Ratten got sacked after taking his team to 10th one time? Plenty. Notice how many Pies supporters are salty about Malthouse being given the boot after two consecutive grannies and a flag? Not many. That tells the story right there

Notice how many Carlton supporters are salty that Ratten got sacked after taking his team to 10th one time? Plenty. Notice how many Pies supporters are salty about Malthouse being given the boot after two consecutive grannies and a flag? Not many. That tells the story right there
Carlton supporters salty about Ratten? There was not one of them who wanted him to stay at the time and the calls for his head were way more brutal than they were for Malthouse a few years later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye? He had two freaking years to say his goodbyes under an agreement he signed.

Agree with this but Buckley poured petrol on a barely flickering flame a few weeks back. Everything in magpie land has gone to s#it since

Yep, the day after Malthouse was inducted into the HOF too. Love or hate Mick, that was a pretty disrespectful thing to do to a guy that has been a massive figure in the game's history.

Mick seems to forget if the handover process wasn’t announced, he was getting sacked. 10 years, another prelim failure, health issues at the time etc

My favourite Mick moment was leaving Ben Reid on Tomahawk, teaching Reid a lesson for declaring himself fit to play.
Signing a crocked Dale Thomas for 700k per annum so he'd have someone to kick fingerbreakers at pre game runs a close second. Declaring Mark Neeld as his 2IC (purely to spite Buckley) is an underrated one due to Neeld's subsequent poaching by the Dees (how we all laughed!)

My favourite Mick moment was leaving Ben Reid on Tomahawk, teaching Reid a lesson for declaring himself fit to play.

I unfortunately caught a replay of 2011 on Foxtel - was screaming as much as I did at the game live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back