Club Legend
Jul 31, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Alastair Clarkson - returns home to S.A. to coach the Adelaide Crows

Rodney Eade - leaves the Bulldogs, former son returns to old club Hawthorn to coach.

Nathan Buckely - Takes over coaching reigns of Collingwood in 2012 ...

Which leaves Mick Malthouse, to return to where it all started, ending where it all began ... coach of the Bulldogs.

Everyone happy.

Oh, and yes, to satisfy Collingwood, Mick Malthouse definately won't be coaching another team in 2012.

However, he will be at the Bulldogs, in a another role - "Player positioning & team tactical and strategic consultant" - reporting directly to the players on a regular basis, especially during match day conditions - and accountable to the board, on a 48 month contract.

Alastair Clarkson - returns home to S.A. to coach the Adelaide Crows

Rodney Eade - leaves the Bulldogs, former son returns to old club Hawthorn to coach.

Nathan Buckely - Takes over coaching reigns of Collingwood in 2012 ...

Which leaves Mick Malthouse, to return to where it all started, ending where it all began ... coach of the Bulldogs.

Everyone happy.

And then you wake up:thumbsu:

To get the deal over the line collingwood will also give Adelaide daisy thomas, Dane swan, Darren jolly, pendelbury and Harry obrien all in return for Andrew Lovett, Taylor walker and pick 79.

Eddie McGuire, Scott waters and neeld will also join Adelaide to round out the football dept and administration.

Malthouse to Adelaide, Western Bulldogs and Richmond on a three club, one year deal where he will simultaneously coach each club to see which one suits him.

At the end of 2012, he will sub-let two teams to two assistant coaches and promise to provide monthly briefings to them on how they are travelling for a period of 2 years.

For the third team, he will sign a two year contract that promises him a premiership by the end of 2014. If the club doesnt provide a premiership, Malthouse will be able to assume ownership on the club as a payout for distress and waste of effort.

Since we're speculating...

Ratten to get the flick after going another finals series with no wins. Backed by a robert walls coaching review, chri$ judd becomes captain/coach of Carlton. The 2012 season sees the Blues missing the finals due to an even more judd-centric game plan,. On the bright side for chri$$y, he awards himself five points for every game in the AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year award including games missed.

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my feeling is Malthouse will become the Richmond coach at the end of 2012, after hardwick has failed and ran out his contract. Malthouse will be at collingwood next year, even more so to be part of a possible hatrick of flags..

... Wow. Hardwick is a truly great coach. I'd be happier with him as senior coach at Hawthorn, just quietly. Malthouse isn't that amazing, if you look properly.

... Wow. Hardwick is a truly great coach. I'd be happier with him as senior coach at Hawthorn, just quietly. Malthouse isn't that amazing, if you look properly.

Yeah 7 Gf's 3 flags and a draw....give me hardwick over him anyday:rolleyes:

Yeah 7 Gf's 3 flags and a draw....give me hardwick over him anyday:rolleyes:
Oh come on, do you honestly think those first two at West Coast wouldn't have happened without Malthouse.

He's an average coach, who just happens to have a quality group of players. The coaches I consider great are ones of the ilk of Paul Roos. Every year people would tip Sydney to slide out of the 8, every year they were wrong.

Look at their trading history, they'd recruit underwhelming players and Roos would have them playing with confidence and complete faith in themselves.

Roos >> Malthouse.

Oh, look at it this way. Hardwick left Hawthorn after 2008. He was a major reason we were such a quality club in that year.

Could this occur?
Choco to coach Bulldogs or Melbourne next year.
Sheedy to coach GWS in their debut year.
Malthouse then takes over Sheeds. He also spends one year at Collingwood as well to appease Eddie.

Could this occur?
Choco to coach Bulldogs or Melbourne next year.
Sheedy to coach GWS in their debut year.
Malthouse then takes over Sheeds. He also spends one year at Collingwood as well to appease Eddie.

Choco has said he will stay at the Giants with Kevin Sheedy being the head coach. Would love to see Malthouse at the Giants tho!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back