Oppo Camp Mick Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

I stopped really worrying about them years ago. They've been irrelevant for a long time - and that's not a pot shot at them, it's the facts. All that comes for the Blues now from me is pity. From the outside looking in, they could not run a chook raffle...let alone a footy club. God help the next bloke who drinks from the poison coaching challis at Carlton....

Look, for a personal perspective Carlton being s**t for so long has really helped me out. I'm not a hateful kinda guy - it takes a lot of energy to hate, and I only have a small amount of hatred in me. So it needs to be really well directed. Instead me having to split my hatred three ways between Carlton, Collingwood, and *, Carlton's craptitude over a long time has meant that I could no longer justify the application of that precious mental energy towards them. It wasn't like my hatred was going to make them worse, right?

Instead, through the use of complicated modelling techniques I have been able redirect those scarce resources (my hatred) in a more effective and efficient way. So for at least the last 10 years I have, on average, applied my hatred at the split of 80/20% (*/Collingwood). So thank you Carlton for bringing efficiency and balance to allocation of my emotional resources.

Feel for the members and supporters actually. Put their hand in their pockets year after year, only to be stuck in a circle of mediocrity that's been going 20 years. Blues are a modern day Richmond. Carlton would damn well want to get the next coaching selection right, otherwise they may as well close the doors.

They're 4 years ahead of us in their plan. In 2019 we'll be the same technically at this rate.

Look, for a personal perspective Carlton being s**t for so long has really helped me out. I'm not a hateful kinda guy - it takes a lot of energy to hate, and I only have a small amount of hatred in me. So it needs to be really well directed. Instead me having to split my hatred three ways between Carlton, Collingwood, and *, Carlton's craptitude over a long time has meant that I could no longer justify the application of that precious mental energy towards them. It wasn't like my hatred was going to make them worse, right?

Instead, through the use of complicated modelling techniques I have been able redirect those scarce resources (my hatred) in a more effective and efficient way. So for at least the last 10 years I have, on average, applied my hatred at the split of 80/20% (*/Collingwood). So thank you Carlton for bringing efficiency and balance to allocation of my emotional resources.

Wise words. Personally I hate Essendon. On a scale of one to 10. They are ∞. Which makes all other clubs technically care bears in comparison. Still, I guess if we were going to burn a team to the ground and it wasn't Essendon (thanks WADA for taking all the fun jobs), well I guess it may as well be Carlton. Or Sydney. Wouldn't be adverse to Adelaide burning. Not a huge fan of West Coast...

Last edited:
Feel for the members and supporters actually. Put their hand in their pockets year after year, only to be stuck in a circle of mediocrity that's been going 20 years. Blues are a modern day Richmond. Carlton would damn well want to get the next coaching selection right, otherwise they may as well close the doors.

It'll be another Brett Ratten. They'll put too much expectation on whoever it is and expect them to singlehandedly fix the club's horrible culture, and then when he succeeds in getting them into the lower part of the bottom 8, they'll sack him for a big name and end up significantly worse off than they started. It's the cycle of mediocrity that comes from "not accepting mediocrity."

Should have persisted with Ratten... never should have targeted Mick...

Maybe they'll bring him back.:)

Crawling on hands and knees, tears rolling down their cheeks, telling him they made a mistake and wish to have him return.

Wouldn't be any more humiliating than sacking the longest serving coach in history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny, don't you think ? You have all these people f*****g up their clubs with injection programs, salary cap breaches, p**s poor drafting, bad management......and people always say we should move / merge / fold.

Seems to me we get most things right !

Maybe they'll bring him back.:)

Crawling on hands and knees, tears rolling down their cheeks, telling him they made a mistake and wish to have him return.

Wouldn't be any more humiliating than sacking the longest serving coach in history.
But, but, but... Malthouse said he couldn't see anyone beating them this year.:confused:

In a strange way, not only did our failure to get Buckleys as coach ruin Collingwood's chances of a premiership dynasty, but now its ruined Carlton aswell.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.
Everything is in place for us to attack and become a threat in the comp by beating the teams the public expect us to lose. This is a rare opportunity for us to stand out, hope the players realise the same thing. Port is in terrible form as well! Need to win this week!!

Mick is a scapegoat for the poor performances. You could be God or Jesus and still couldnt coach Carlton to show some heart and passion let alone a win. Well done Mick, I tip my hat to you on a legendary career both as a player and coach. I always had a large amount of respect for you except when a team you coached played my Kangas. Sit back and have your well earned break/retirement.

Here's what will happen.

Blues get next coach.

Said coach doesn't get results right away.

Media circus.

All pull in opposite directions.

Millionaires with no brains make decision.

Coach gone.

It's been happening for a long time at Carlton, and it worked in the age of unlimited spending on players...and it's no coincidence that the Blues have achieved f*** all in about the same time that their 'methods' have been punishable.

Around and around and around they go once again in a circle.

Unless there's a dramatic culture shift (i.e bugger the "influentials" off) then Carlton will not be anything for the rest of their existence. They simply will just 'be'.

If a piss tank on a forum can see what the problem is, then surely those in suits with their lattes and wanky titles should see it, right? :rolleyes:

Massively overrated coach, this Blues stint has shown him up accordingly. Hoping against all odds that mainstream media doesn't pick him up for special comments. So over him & good riddance.

Yeah, because those three premierships he coached were all flukes.

Sheez.

Edit: I would be happy for our current coach to be half as over rated as MM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back