Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Murph and Gibbs are feeling safe now they have been reassured by the club that they're still wanted...
Murphy and Gibbs apparently told the club that they weren't going to leave!

No more around the boundary line. Barker let em play attacking style free up a bit
I'm thinking Jade Rawlings @ Richmond. Coached the season out after Terry Wallet was sacked. Richmond then went through the "due diligence" process & chose Hardwick.
Can't speak for Barker but clearly you could count the number of his fans on Big Footy on the proverbial clenched first!

Yep, maybe, yep, maybe, yep

Bugger it, no point keeping a lid on it. Happy days are here again. The skies above are clear again :

We're gonna be bottom 4 cellar dwellers fot the next 3 years at least, I fail to see how 'happy days are here again' ...

We're gonna be bottom 4 cellar dwellers fot the next 3 years at least, I fail to see how 'happy days are here again' ...

With Mick I had no hope, as I think I have made clear for over a year. I have longed for him to resign. Hopefully his SEN interview and Eddie bombshell is sufficient to sack him with cause. I certainly hope that is the Board's view.

After all, either what Mick said about Eddie was true, in which case he has deliberately sought to bring down Trigg publicly to greatest damage to Carlton; or

What Mick said about Eddie is bollocks, in which case he has deliberately and dishoestly sought to bring down Trigg publicly to greatest damage to Carlton.

As it happens and not that it matters, I favour bollocks on the basis that as a free agent Carlton always had the right to bid last.

You have recently posted that with Mick we would be wooden spooners in the next 2 to 3 years. Now it looks like we are ahead of schedule. We can go no lower and every which way is up.:):):):):)

I hope you don't mind my imput, but I really don't understand why both carton fans and external commentators and fans think malthouse should have been sacked.

He is clearly a good coach, when he has built a list from the bottom he has proven over thirty year that he is just about the best, at least in the top group. Regardless of who is coaching over the next few years, malthouse or someone else, the list would be rebuilt extensively and most of the players currently there won't be there in a few years no matter who is coaching. So do people really think that there is someone better out there to build a list from the bottom and take them up? It seems to me that the basis of malthouse being sacked is on recent results, and that should be almost irrelevant because it won't alter when your next premiership is going to be, if anything these performances might be a good thing rather than performing like a 9-14th team and carrying a sense of false hope and therefore delaying a rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you don't mind my imput, but I really don't understand why both carton fans and external commentators and fans think malthouse should have been sacked.

He is clearly a good coach, when he has built a list from the bottom he has proven over thirty year that he is just about the best, at least in the top group. Regardless of who is coaching over the next few years, malthouse or someone else, the list would be rebuilt extensively and most of the players currently there won't be there in a few years no matter who is coaching. So do people really think that there is someone better out there to build a list from the bottom and take them up? It seems to me that the basis of malthouse being sacked is on recent results, and that should be almost irrelevant because it won't alter when your next premiership is going to be, if anything these performances might be a good thing rather than performing like a 9-14th team and carrying a sense of false hope and therefore delaying a rebuild.
IMHO, because on-field the club has steadily gone backwards. Other opinions may differ, I'm not saying he should or should not have been sacked but clearly the players are playing with a lack of passion, intensity & enthusiasm that I've not seen for many many years.

IMHO, because on-field the club has steadily gone backwards. Other opinions may differ, I'm not saying he should or should not have been sacked but clearly the players are playing with a lack of passion, intensity & enthusiasm that I've not seen for many many years.
But this is a guy who is proven over so many years, surely that says more about the players than the coach. Just about a complete group of new players will be in there in a few years, so why get rid of the coach because the players "aren't playing for him" when most of these players aren't going to be there anyway....

Deja vu :(
Must have been a hell of a radio interview this morning, will have to listen to it

I'm feeling a bit hollow and Jon Barker? Ugh
Radio interview was revealing. The sub-text was that he knew he was gone after two weeks, wanted to bring things to a head while dropping some bombshells, but for me the telling thing was that he didn't take ownership of the state of the current list. He was asked if this list was his as opposed to one he'd inherited and he deflected. We've been talking about the list turnover of the last couple of years and the coach's optimism in the pre-season, but basically he resorted to blaming injuries and essentally took no responsibility.

My interpretation.

I believe it is a combination of his age and a lack of faith in his game plan, it is clear that the current players can't execute the way Mick wanted them to. The consensus is the game has moved on, and the players never bought into the style of play Mick wanted. Ageism is unfair, but could Mick do another 10year rebuild? i don't think so.

I agree with you.

I assumed at the start of the season that the club would be rebuilding under MM.

Guess I was wrong.

With that said, I don't know what has been going on behind closed doors and how the players are feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back