G.F.C

All Australian
Aug 10, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
St Marys FC
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22213675%5E19742,00.html

COLLINGWOOD football legend Mick McGuane has allegedly been caught on police surveillance visiting men claimed to be linked to Melbourne's gangland war.

McGuane has allegedly been detected associating with an accused drug manufacturer and another man claimed to be involved in organised crime.

He has been named in a brief of evidence that will be made public in a trial set for February.

At least one of the men he knows is linked to convicted drug trafficker and captured fugitive Tony Mokbel.

Police claim they saw McGuane repeatedly entering a house used as an amphetamine laboratory.
It is believed anti-gangland Purana detectives have spoken to McGuane over his alleged relationships with gangland figures.

McGuane would not comment on whether he had been interviewed by police.

He has not been charged with any offence.

"Am I involved in any gangland war? No," he said.

"Do I deal drugs? No. Do I shoot people? No. Have I been in hiding? No. Have I done anything wrong? No."

McGuane would not say if he had ever mixed with organised crime figures. But he said he would gladly face a court if he had done anything illegal.

"I'm not saying nothing. I'd be in jail if I did something wrong. I've got nothing to say."

Asked if he knew any criminals, McGuane said: "What's wrong with that? I've been caught on surveillance, so what? I can't visit a house?

"It's just like Alan Didak. Was he supposed to have a crystal ball? It's the same thing."

McGuane played 152 games for the Magpies, including the 1990 premiership, and three with Carlton.

He has since coached country team Gisborne to several premierships and was an assistant coach at St Kilda.

Thats what happens when you go to carlton, three games and your life spirals out of control.
Nice deflection. Palmed off your problem on us and it took us all of a few games to realise it was a mistake. No wonder Matty Hogg punched him in the nose.

you took him, you didnt have to!
That's not true. We recruit every player who plays a dominant game against us .... McGuane, Sean Charles, Heaver, McKernan ... it is practically in our constitution.

In other news, Carlton have asked the AFL for permission to extend their list to 300 players for the 2008 season.

That's not true. We recruit every player who plays a dominant game against us .... McGuane, Sean Charles, Heaver, McKernan ... it is practically in our constitution.

In other news, Carlton have asked the AFL for permission to extend their list to 300 players for the 2008 season.
You would have thought the fact that Collingwood, even as they sat near the bottom of the ladder wanted to offload him, would be indication enough of his real worth at that stage of his career.

But we still remember that run in 1994;)

You would have thought the fact that Collingwood, even as they sat near the bottom of the ladder wanted to offload him, would be indication enough of his real worth at that stage of his career.

But we still remember that run in 1994;)
But ... but ... why wouldn't we trust the Pies? They've always been full of kindness and mateship towards us. Eddie's practically the father we never had ... and never wanted.

It has been a culture crisis down at Collingwood for a very long time. Micky hands the batten to Didak and here we go again.
I wonder if the AFL will investigate this club as a whole. Holland, Tarrant, Micky, Didak, Buckleys blood smear, Ben Johnson, having to suspend youngsters midseason who already seem to be catching the culture crisis. The list could go on.
Perhaps a joing investigation into WC drug culture and Collingwood bad culture crisis could be a good way for the AFL power brokers to spend the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot Justin Murphy....... 5 goals on debut for Richmond - against us.

It has been a culture crisis down at Collingwood for a very long time. Micky hands the batten to Didak and here we go again.
I wonder if the AFL will investigate this club as a whole. Holland, Tarrant, Micky, Didak, Buckleys blood smear, Ben Johnson, having to suspend youngsters midseason who already seem to be catching the culture crisis. The list could go on.
Perhaps a joing investigation into WC drug culture and Collingwood bad culture crisis could be a good way for the AFL power brokers to spend the off season.
We are still trying to find a captain that will have a tanty, stamp his feet and walk out of the rooms sooking because he doesnt like the coach anymore. Can you help us with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back