Mick Warner and the WOMD and the ARC footage ?

Remove this Banner Ad

You're showing stills of the ball on its flight just before it goes over the post?
I'm just showing it from a different angle from all the shots that show it way over in the points area, you're just assuming its going over the post no way of knowing as there is no camera to give a 3d perspective and no laser to trigger if the ball goes over the post, that's exactly why it should have been umpires call.

Anyway its time to move on, the AFL aren't going to rerun the elimination final and to be honest we lost it on the Daniher goal not this mistake, I hope the Lions don't waste the opportunity they have.

I'm just showing it from a different angle from all the shots that show it way over in the points area, you're just assuming its going over the post no way of knowing as there is no camera to give a 3d perspective and no laser to trigger if the ball goes over the post, that's exactly why it should have been umpires call.

Anyway its time to move on, the AFL aren't going to rerun the elimination final and to be honest we lost it on the Daniher goal not this mistake, I hope the Lions don't waste the opportunity they have.

The point is it needs to be exposed so it does not happen again.

Typical AFL are already changing the process, which basically admits how fundamentally they stiffed up big time,

They are going to remove the inconvenience of the umpire making a call,

so then they can make their own decision , all with crappy technology,

I mean what could go wrong?:think:

The point is it needs to be exposed so it does not happen again.

Typical AFL are already changing the process, which basically admits how fundamentally they stiffed up big time,

They are going to remove the inconvenience of the umpire making a call,

so then they can make their own decision , all with crappy technology,

I mean what could go wrong?:think:
The AFL would love nothing more than having total control of the results of games so they can get their ideal of 1 flag for each team every 18 years, They have rules that no one understands that get changed weekly, no one can criticise the Umps or the ARC no matter the decisions made and now the ARC will be able to change the result of games on the fly.

This is the beginning of a truly modern sport where the result is already known, no one gets upset there are no real losers and we all just wait our turn for our 1 flag in 18 years.

Who cares it's done now. The way we were playing wasn't going to see us get past a prelim anyway.

Clearly there is no conclusive evidence or we would've seen it by now. Hopefully they sort their s**t out by next season because if the ARC is going to be relied on it's needs to be clear and currently it's garbage. s**t frame rates, s**t picture quality, s**t angles, edge doesn't work at all half the time, no ability to check balls going above the post. Fix it or get rid of it completely.

Who cares it's done now. The way we were playing wasn't going to see us get past a prelim anyway.

Clearly there is no conclusive evidence or we would've seen it by now. Hopefully they sort their s**t out by next season because if the ARC is going to be relied on it's needs to be clear and currently it's garbage. s**t frame rates, s**t picture quality, s**t angles, edge doesn't work at all half the time, no ability to check balls going above the post. Fix it or get rid of it completely.
Yep, get rid of it, and when the Goal Umpires make a mistake we can spend another two weeks arguing about a better system again.
And around we go;)

Last edited:
Yep, get rid of it, and when the Goal Umpires make a mistake when can spend another two weeks arguing about a better system again.
And around we go;)
Or 6 months if it happens in Grand Final. But of course that would never happen of goals hitting posts being missed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or 6 months if it happens in Grand Final. But of course that would never happen of goals hitting posts being missed
Right. were sticking some freaking kick ass torches on top of the goal posts so there will be a beam of light that you can see if beam is broken by ball.
/
PS will need a review board in case ball impacts with gaffa tape holding torch on. Still superior to current 'system'.
PPS theyre operated just like normal torches so games will start with 4 celebrity ex players shimmeying up goal posts and clicking them 'On' then synchronised sliding down posts with the first siren.
PPPS Not Leigh Matthews though.
PPPPS new AFL bullshite rule for 2023 is that if you get a quick break out of the middle in first ball up, and hit the celebrity footballer whilst still 'on post', its a 9 point maxi goal.
PPPPPS if you knock em off pole and they die, its MURDER*
*Except if it Dermie. Screw u Dermie!

Good news - with this cutting-edge still shot technology, I've got to the bottom of the whole Tom Hawkins hoo-hah in 2009.

Verdict: clear gap between the ball and the post... decision on screen. SOSS-IGE!

1665707350942.png

1665707366273.png

View attachment 1506910

So no goal was signalled that I could see. If it was, then there is an extra step involved, as shown on the next page of the PDF.

A provisional call was made - goal. No requirement to establish level of certainty that I can see.

There were three camera angles provided I believe. Or two?

There is no definition of "conclusive". I assume they rely on their own experience and interpretation.

There is no system to provide any sort of report afterwards. No requirement to "show the evidence" to anyone. I assume they just ask people in for a chat if there is ongoing controversy, as they have with Hardwick.

For me the evidence was on the screen - see the video in the OP - and the ball was over the post.

But please carry on arguing. It's all content.
Apart from the overall mess this system is, the second line in the table stands out - 'Broadcaster provides footage...'. Surely they make enough money to implement their own hardware, dedicated to the job at hand.

Apart from the overall mess this system is, the second line in the table stands out - 'Broadcaster provides footage...'. Surely they make enough money to implement their own hardware, dedicated to the job at hand.
I know, right?!

Nope I hope it stays the way it is. Can’t wait for another team to get shafted in a final and then we can come out and tell them to just “let it go”

Nope I hope it stays the way it is. Can’t wait for another team to get shafted in a final and then we can come out and tell them to just “let it go”
That's when the violin quartet will come out,when it happens to another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back