Universal Love Micky B

Remove this Banner Ad

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
You guys have a dead set legend at your club in Micky Barlow - I was so sad he left Freo, although I completely understood and agreed with him being moved on.

Nevertheless, it was horrible to see him injured again today. He's such a trooper! just the way he maintained his composure as he left the field was amazing.

I hope he has the speediest recovery and this doesn't end his career. Love to see him carve out a period of great footy for you guys.

All the best Micky and get better soon!

So devastated for Mick. Absolute legend of a bloke. Hope he's back next year as he's been immense for us.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

A terrible thing for Mick. Really feel for him but liked his attitude upon leaving the ground. A true Champion.

Out of adversity for one, sometimes good things happen for others, and this just might be the case here.

Does MacPherson now get elevated?
MacPherson has to be elevated surely, his form in the NEAFL has been terrific. Along with the return of rischitelli, should hopefully help cover Barlow.

On ZTE T84 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So according to a quote from Ashcroft in the Courier Mail Barlow had successful surgery and should be running in 3 months and be right for day 1 of pre-season.
So he will never play again, this is the same Ashcroft that said Rory's injury was 1-2 weeks

Much love to you Mick

So according to a quote from Ashcroft in the Courier Mail Barlow had successful surgery and should be running in 3 months and be right for day 1 of pre-season.

They take a while to come back from , even though he might be up and running come pre season he won't be the player he was for a while after that . Fyfe is a good example , his just a shadow of himself after his broken leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They take a while to come back from , even though he might be up and running come pre season he won't be the player he was for a while after that . Fyfe is a good example , his just a shadow of himself after his broken leg.
Difference is Fyfe came back and broke it in exactly the same spot almost immediately.

Difference is Fyfe came back and broke it in exactly the same spot almost immediately.

Yeah and our medical team are as patient as they come , Ainsworth was out for 10 weeks with a corkie , AhChee 6 weeks with a sore back , Rory out 10 weeks which was intially 2 , i'm expecting Barlow to be out for 3 years with a broken leg.

Hope he does come back from the injury and plays AFL.
Needed to google but it is the same leg from 2011 so it will be interesting the differences in the breaks and how that effects his recovery
Is he contracted for next year?
And based on his form and the development of others do you see him playing much senior footy?
And good luck for Saturdays game I am sure Gazza will have a big game for

Hope he does come back from the injury and plays AFL.
Needed to google but it is the same leg from 2011 so it will be interesting the differences in the breaks and how that effects his recovery
Is he contracted for next year?
And based on his form and the development of others do you see him playing much senior footy?
And good luck for Saturdays game I am sure Gazza will have a big game for
Yes he is contracted for next year and i do see him playing a lot of senior football

Took me a while to find this thread it's not with the other player profiles.

But Geez I love this bloke. Just listened to his talking footy interview from 30th august. Speaks so highly of our club despite only being here 8 months. Is so grounded with his experiences yet positive despite all of the setbacks.
Glad he went to freo first deserved the opportunity to play AFL straight away instead of playing VFL for the sun's.

I'll never forget watching his debut game and also seeing him break his leg. I was at the Southport sharks just before going into the gc17 name unveiling function.

Easily my favourite player at the sun's.

Easily my favourite player at the sun's.

Was a fan favourite at Fremantle, with much wailing and lamenting about his being traded out (even still). I have some sympathy for the Suns - whereas I have virtually zip for any other club, I might have grabbed a pitchfork and marched on club hq otherwise.

He's the right kind to have around when you need some leadership and mentoring. Quite a contrast to Ablett who might have been clean living, but I doubt most 18-30 year olds would connect to his god bothering ways, so his off field leadership would have been worth next to nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back