Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Jordan Lewis was on sen said hodge and sammy went to the half back line to provide flexibility and to prolong careers.

so who in the current or prospective mids is suited forward or back

i particularly think this might happen for TOM to ease him back in in 2020

If Tom Mitchell plays an entire game against Collingwood in the back half, expect him to break his own possessions record for a game all over again.

Jordan Lewis was on sen said hodge and sammy went to the half back line to provide flexibility and to prolong careers.

so who in the current or prospective mids is suited forward or back

i particularly think this might happen for TOM to ease him back in in 2020
6-6-6 rule makes it a little more difficult. Was a lot easier to play Sammy across HBF as the 7th Defender, getting the ball to him & having him distribute from there. But:

Wingard can play 80/20 Mid/Forward (I hope - maybe 70/30)

Worpel could probs rest FP. Could at least provide physicality & defensive edge as a FP - but that's probs not a 'resting' role, as such. (Think Langford role, but hopefully a better conversion rate).

JO'M could probs play HFF. Probs not 3rd or mobile forward or High Half Forward, but playing out of the 50m arc - yeh, I'd say so.

Shiels can definitely line up at Half Forward then play between HF - HB & run all day. Can also play defensive on a rebounding HBF & get involved in stoppages as well. (Like Whitecross, but probs not as effective when attacking).

Smitty can play HF or HB & do both very well.

Hendo can play HB very well.

Scully can play HF pretty well. Can easily push up to & play as a 3rd wingman & is fond of a running goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back