Mid Gippy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Boolarra / Meeniyan today, first live country game in 16 years. Well worth the entry fee.
A game of two halves, credit to both Clubs. Don't think they'll bother the top couple but showed enough to scare a few.

Watched Boolarra / Meeniyan today, first live country game in 16 years. Well worth the entry fee.
A game of two halves, credit to both Clubs. Don't think they'll bother the top couple but showed enough to scare a few.
Results pretty much as expected. Boolarra have made the finals about twice in 50 years - a colourful assortment of short fused players - Doc, Crackers, Snake, Boof etc. Guerra have a coaching role today?

Foster better not have injuries - no depth.

Last edited:
Results pretty much as expected. Boolarra have made the finals about twice in 50 years - a colourful assortment of short fused players - Doc, Crackers, Snake, Boof etc. Guerra have a coaching role today?

Foster better not have injuries - no depth.
2 Flags in the last 25 years for a town of 350. Just Saying 😉

2 Flags in the last 25 years for a town of 350. Just Saying 😉
Yes, clubs like Boolarra and Thorpdale - every generation or so the farmers all kick in and hope it results in a flag. That is the reality when up against, Newborough, Morwell East and Trafalgar.

Yes, clubs like Boolarra and Thorpdale - every generation or so the farmers all kick in and hope it results in a flag. That is the reality when up against, Newborough, Morwell East and Trafalgar.
Boolarra doesn't have any rich farmers unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would’ve been interesting to watch - aren’t both sides Melbourne jumpers?!?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big results Mid Gippy, Newborough, Thorpy, Hill End v Boolarra, good stuff.
Fishy v Toora result seniors to reserves interesting.

Final series looks like quite a race in the making.
Yep, all spots still up for grabs, especially after Newborough won what might be the Grand Final preview against Tarwin away.

I'd love to see Stony somehow jump into the 6 but it'll be hard considering their last 2 opponents so I reckon it's out of the Top 7 there.

Also, RIP Neil Chandler. Mostly known for winning 3 premierships in 76 games for Carlton in the 70s, but before and after was a handy Welshpool player during a time of dominance for the team (Missed finals twice between 1959-71 for 4 premierships) and was a part of the Bulldogs last premiership team in 1979 before the Devon merger.

So with Yinnar beating Morwell East, I guess they've played their final game in the league with Yinnar jumping them into finals. Add Foster's win over Hill End and Boolarra smashing Toora, the ladder didn't really change much from a week ago.

So that's Foster playing Yinnar and Boolarra playing Hill End. Do Tarwin and Newborough play each other this next week or do they get a week off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back