Debutant
Suspended
Oct 1, 2008
Top Pub
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Money Team.
Anyone have any news leading into the 2011 season?

Not many Mid Gippy posters on Big Footy.

Feel free to post any news on Mid Gippy.

Re: Mid Gippy 2011

Anyone have any news leading into the 2011 season?

Not many Mid Gippy posters on Big Footy.

Feel free to post any news on Mid Gippy.

Ive heard Thorpy, Traf, Newborough be hard to beat.

Yall Yall picked up a few.
Yinnar much the same as last yr.
Mirboo, Boolarra, Hill End probably wont make finals.

Morwell East be down on 2010.
Yarragon will make finals, but havent heard much about them.

Traf will be the team to beat. Big call saying Mirboo will be out of the finals, especially if Traill is back. Can't see Thorpy or Newb going above Traf, East, Mirboo or Yarragon. I would think they would need these sides to lose some good players.

Traf definatley the side to beat on last years effort. Have not heard of any of the players leaving and why would they with the chance to be part of a team that can string quite a few primierships together if all goes well. I would be putting Thorpdale and Mirboo ahead of the of the aging list of Yarragon and Morwell East the game is just getting quicker which suit thorpy and Mirboo.

I think Traf also will be team to beat this year. rumours ive heard - apparently east have a couple from morwell, m brown and hutchison. yarra lost solohub and damscke to woodside. yinnar have stanistreet webb scurrah mills from morwell and lost holt and chapman. thorpy close to a forward from melb. mirboo havnt got traill yet and may lose a few. boolarra signed matt dyer as assistant maybe a few more. not sure about hills, dogs or yall nth

I think Traf also will be team to beat this year. rumours ive heard - apparently east have a couple from morwell, m brown and hutchison. yarra lost solohub and damscke to woodside. yinnar have stanistreet webb scurrah mills from morwell and lost holt and chapman. thorpy close to a forward from melb. mirboo havnt got traill yet and may lose a few. boolarra signed matt dyer as assistant maybe a few more. not sure about hills, dogs or yall nth

Yallourn North Ive heard, have picked up quite well.

If thats correct on Damaske and Solohub, Yarragon will be cursing that
they got Pavey down there to play for them years ago - because it looks
like its came back to bite them.

Ive heard Mirboo have signed Traill and Birchtold but will lose their most
most promising youngster - a former Power player.

I havent heard much on Thorpy, but they picked up very well last year
and seem to have a good set up where their players gain well paid work.
So, ill expect them to pick up very well again, finals lock.

Boolarra will go into the season as an unknown, Id probably be more
confident than not - to say they will be playing finals in 2011.

Yinnar are quietly just going about their business picking up more players
as the weeks go by, so its hard to gauge how strong they will be.

League really should start to even up, maybe outside of Traf,
But expect Thorpy to be right up there in 2011 and Boolarra to be the
big improvers.

tend to agree with you clean heels.
do you know names of yall nth signings?
heard anything from the hillmen or dogs?
definatly think the league will improve/even up though, maybe apart from the top team and bottom team.

tend to agree with you clean heels.
do you know names of yall nth signings?
heard anything from the hillmen or dogs?
definatly think the league will improve/even up though, maybe apart from the top team and bottom team.
Alan Chandler is coachin newborough(played moe last year and nilma darnum before that) and joel blythman is ass coach for them(previously ttu but not sure if he has played for a couple of years)
Magnuson has retired
Hillend has picked up Ash Savage from moe as ass coach dont think they have anyone else yet
Todd Dobson is back for Yall North not sure bout any others but that will be a big boost to them

As far as Yarragon go Solohub only played one game last year and as far as i know Damscke will still be a Yarragon player next year from what ive heard and seen at training

Alan Chandler is coachin newborough(played moe last year and nilma darnum before that) and joel blythman is ass coach for them(previously ttu but not sure if he has played for a couple of years)
Magnuson has retired
Hillend has picked up Ash Savage from moe as ass coach dont think they have anyone else yet
Todd Dobson is back for Yall North not sure bout any others but that will be a big boost to them

Is Joel Blythman any good ? what position does he play ? short or tall ?

Gun, should win the league B&F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Mills cut his arm pretty bad the other day which required the meat wagon, not sure he'll b playing too much this year? Nathan Scurrah in my opinion is overrated and overweight but would b a handy pick up at Mid Gippy level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Mills cut his arm pretty bad the other day which required the meat wagon, not sure he'll b playing too much this year? Nathan Scurrah in my opinion is overrated and overweight but would b a handy pick up at Mid Gippy level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrible kick

Never heard of him???????????

Doesn't suprise me though, I hear Pricey's been given quite a bit of loot by YYN to entice players to the club!!!!!!!

Never heard of him???????????

Doesn't suprise me though, I hear Pricey's been given quite a bit of loot by YYN to entice players to the club!!!!!!!
Talking to pricey yyn dont have much cash to spend and dont pay any current player murphy would be the first

Talking to pricey yyn dont have much cash to spend and dont pay any current player murphy would be the first

Well one of us has been told a porky pie then, i'll take your word for it as I didn't hear it direct from Tony's mouth but a through a mutual friend of ours. Is Murphy any good??

Murphy goes well, played in Premiership with Yinnar as a kid, a few senior games at Morwell the last couple of years but not able to nail down regular game.

Is enjoying training at YYN and barring a late bid from his old team in Yinnar will be playing for the Bombers this year.

Grapevine says that YYN have a bit of coin to spend.

Interesting to hear Murphy at the Rock, whats his connection there?
Heard whispers that Morwell East and Yinnar are in bidding war for Michaladis from Morwell, Over $400 a week is my mail.
Sherriff and Metcalf from Morwell to Boolarra aswell as a few from Nth Gippy.
Mirboo may lose a few to Melbourne.

Havent heard much about Traf, Hill End or Thorpy? picked up or lost anyone?
what about Newb apart from chandler, blythman?
Heard ex-yyn coach was headed to Morwell east?
Everything is just rumor rather then set in stone at this time of the year anyway i suppose!

Havent heard much about Traf, Hill End or Thorpy? picked up or lost anyone?
what about Newb apart from chandler, blythman?
Heard ex-yyn coach was headed to Morwell east?
Everything is just rumor rather then set in stone at this time of the year anyway i suppose!

Allegedly last years Nilma B&F winner Chris Weller is playing at Newborough as reported on another thread here, John James from Thorpy back to Moe, have heard yyn are trying to get John Chessels across from Thorpy, the Hillmen have had a couple of Pakenham players at training who have picked up work in the valley!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back