Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been out of the loop for a few years, but on the surface it would appear that ME and YYN are both a better fit for NG.

As a player in the north gippy 2 new sides would be most welcome and travel wise it isn't a whole heap different than churchill & tyers both approx 10 minutes further or closer depending on where you are. I did hear that at our last committee meeting that YYN had held preliminary talks with the NGFNL board and also from a less credible source that they had started to plan their change of jumper/identity due to the clash with tyers. Although i am not sure how true that is.

Apparently ellinbank still have to vote them in with at least 75 percent if clubs so 8/10. I know one club that will be def voting against it

Why wouldn't they want them to join? Strong club with solid junior base and it's 5 minutes past yarragon who were accepted with open arms. Is it because it will cause an uneven amount of games?

I wouldnt think that traf would appeal & doubt AFL vic wouldve granted the appeal if background talking hadnt taken place. But why wouldnt they be accepted. Town of high recent growth, strong juniors & good facilities. And i would think geographiclly suited to that league & wouldnt be competing with existing teams for players junior or senior

Clubs will vote how they see fit but I Know a lot of people are happy with a 10 team comp. And yes I’m sure there has been plenty of talk go on and plenty of clubs will vote for traf and personally I hope they get in but as I said before there is definitely at least 1 club that will vote against it. If 2 more clubs vote against it that will make things very Interesting!

Clubs will vote how they see fit but I Know a lot of people are happy with a 10 team comp. And yes I’m sure there has been plenty of talk go on and plenty of clubs will vote for traf and personally I hope they get in but as I said before there is definitely at least 1 club that will vote against it. If 2 more clubs vote against it that will make things very Interesting!

Doesn't make anything interesting. They either get in or they don't.

Saw on facebook YYN had their vote and had an overwhelming majority to cross to the NGFNL.
Will be good for the comp, a strong sides in both footy & netball and good juniors.

Apparently yallourn north have voted pretty overwhelming to join north gippy.
And been very consistent from the start did not want a merged league & now do not want to be part of that league. I think if a clubs membership votes at or near 90% to leave they must feel its in their best interests. Should be respected & allowed to leave.

And been very consistent from the start did not want a merged league & now do not want to be part of that league. I think if a clubs membership votes at or near 90% to leave they must feel its in their best interests. Should be respected & allowed to leave.
You would like to think so, especially considering traff got cleared.
Do you know if YYN plan on rebranding to avoid clashes in north gippy?

No dont know their plans but hope they are treated a bit better than traf were. Traf felt the outlook for juniors in that comp was not good & they looked for a better option. Were denied leaving by some clubs who dont even have juniors & probably never will again. Very selfish. I for one will not be traveling to the other side of the hills & hope my mob look at other options as well

T
No dont know their plans but hope they are treated a bit better than traf were. Traf felt the outlook for juniors in that comp was not good & they looked for a better option. Were denied leaving by some clubs who dont even have juniors & probably never will again. Very selfish. I for one will not be traveling to the other side of the hills & hope my mob look at other options as well
That was what I was saying, after all the f*cking about with Traf you would hope mid gippy let YYN push on for their future

Yallourn north have stated this arvo on facebook that they would initially be going with a clash jumper & then moving to another brand/jumper/logo after further consultation with players & members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And while all this goes on Mirboo Nth are rubbing their next premiership hands together.
Where does the opposition come from.

Once it was decided Mid Gippy were to accept Clubs the other side of Mirboo Nth it was always going to be the death knell of Mid Gippy.
No-one can go crook at the Clubs who now choose to leave.
Sadly but obviously MGFL will soon be no more.

Yallourn north have stated this arvo on facebook that they would initially be going with a clash jumper & then moving to another brand/jumper/logo after further consultation with players & members
Ah ok thank for that

From memory Rosedale are navy blue so they can’t revert to Yallourn’s strip. Shame.
What were YN before the bombers, I’ve got a stubbie holder with a gurneys with a marron jumper with a gold strip.
Could go the miners maybe, bit of a brown coal mine throw back

What were YN before the bombers, I’ve got a stubbie holder with a gurneys with a marron jumper with a gold strip.
Could go the miners maybe, bit of a brown coal mine throw back
Could well be right. It was known to be a ‘distinctive guernsey’.
https://www.yynfnc.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=15703578

Yallourn North merged with Yallourn Football Club (inc 1922) in 1977. Prior to 1947 the town of Yallourn North was known as Brown Coal Mine (football club inc 1919).

Mid Gippsland Football League was founded in 1935. The original clubs were:
* Boolarra
* Brown Coal Mine
* Morwell Bridge
* Morwell Reserves
* Yallourn Imperials
* Yinnar
In 1936 Haunted Hills (Moe Seconds) and Thorpdale come in from the CGFL.

Yallourn went to the LVFL, upon its formation, in 1954.

Last edited:
There was an article on facebook before regarding morwell east also following YYN, i believe it was from the Latrobe valley express. Would leave NGFNL & MGFL with 12 sides each if they came across, and also they wouldn't need to worry about a jumper clash.

Could well be right. It was known to be a ‘distinctive guernsey’.
https://www.yynfnc.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=15703578

Yallourn North merged with Yallourn Football Club (inc 1922) in 1977. Prior to 1947 the town of Yallourn North was known as Brown Coal Mine (football club inc 1919).

Mid Gippsland Football League was founded in 1935. The original clubs were:
* Boolarra
* Brown Coal Mine
* Morwell Bridge
* Morwell Reserves
* Yallourn Imperials
* Yinnar
In 1936 Haunted Hills (Moe Seconds) and Thorpdale come in from the CGFL.

Yallourn went to the LVFL, upon its formation, in 1954.
That could actually be a good looking jumper, maybe that jumper and the imperials mascot.
Bit of duel heritage

So things are going to get very interesting at the EDFL meeting in a couple of weeks to vote on Trafs application. I know of 2 clubs that will definitely not be voting for them and strongly suspect that others will also vote against them. They may be forced to go back to Mid Gippy with their tail between their legs.
From Trafs facebook page - "We now await the mere formality of the official vote of the EDFL". I think they are going to get a rude shock.

So things are going to get very interesting at the EDFL meeting in a couple of weeks to vote on Trafs application. I know of 2 clubs that will definitely not be voting for them and strongly suspect that others will also vote against them. They may be forced to go back to Mid Gippy with their tail between their legs.
From Trafs facebook page - "We now await the mere formality of the official vote of the EDFL". I think they are going to get a rude shock.

This is interesting, as an outsider who has nothing to do with either leagues this seems like a strange decision for club's in the ellinbank league to make as they are a solid club, will be competitive, have good juniors and is 5 minutes past yarragon if travel is seemingly an issue, although warragul based/surrounding clubs are only a 20 minute drive away. The cricket club was in the Warragul league for years in the past too. 11 team comp isn't ideal but you'll get a bye which isn't the worst thing to happen.

Are you going to elaborate on clubs reasoning for the rejection EDFL follower? Seems like you have some sort of vendetta against the bloods almost hahah.

This is interesting, as an outsider who has nothing to do with either leagues this seems like a strange decision for club's in the ellinbank league to make as they are a solid club, will be competitive, have good juniors and is 5 minutes past yarragon if travel is seemingly an issue, although warragul based/surrounding clubs are only a 20 minute drive away. The cricket club was in the Warragul league for years in the past too. 11 team comp isn't ideal but you'll get a bye which isn't the worst thing to happen.

Are you going to elaborate on clubs reasoning for the rejection EDFL follower? Seems like you have some sort of vendetta against the bloods almost hahah.
I didn’t see any vendetta, just a poster adding to our knowledge.

Maybe some EDFL Clubs are more worried about the strength of the club, not the club itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back