Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

This is interesting, as an outsider who has nothing to do with either leagues this seems like a strange decision for club's in the ellinbank league to make as they are a solid club, will be competitive, have good juniors and is 5 minutes past yarragon if travel is seemingly an issue, although warragul based/surrounding clubs are only a 20 minute drive away. The cricket club was in the Warragul league for years in the past too. 11 team comp isn't ideal but you'll get a bye which isn't the worst thing to happen.

Are you going to elaborate on clubs reasoning for the rejection EDFL follower? Seems like you have some sort of vendetta against the bloods almost hahah.
No vendetta at all. I don’t care whether they end up coming in or not. My understanding is that it needs to be a 75 percent vote to let them in so with 2 clubs definitely voting against them I don’t like their chances. Im only aware of how 2 clubs will vote so maybe the other 8 will vote them in but I doubt it. As for reasons I think most people agree that 10 clubs is ideal so I assume that is the main reason. Also traf isn’t really a warragul based town unlike most if the clubs in the league.
What I want to know is what will happen if the EDFL clubs don’t vote them in. Will they go back to mid gippy or will EDFL be forced to take them?

No vendetta at all. I don’t care whether they end up coming in or not. My understanding is that it needs to be a 75 percent vote to let them in so with 2 clubs definitely voting against them I don’t like their chances. Im only aware of how 2 clubs will vote so maybe the other 8 will vote them in but I doubt it. As for reasons I think most people agree that 10 clubs is ideal so I assume that is the main reason. Also traf isn’t really a warragul based town unlike most if the clubs in the league.
What I want to know is what will happen if the EDFL clubs don’t vote them in. Will they go back to mid gippy or will EDFL be forced to take them?
Im led to believe that AFL vic have power of veto & can force ellinbank to accept them.

Then I dare say that’s what will happen
Big Brother has pushed this desecration of leagues for years, it's now happened.
Mid Gippy and Alberton are doomed. EDFL will survive.
Mid Gippy could have survived without Big Brother.

I wouldnt think so. They have missed the finals in 2 of the last 3 years completed & mid gippy is hardly a strong competition

Yeah, very hard to see them walk in and dominate? Although

Just stirring mate, the warragul comment was more regarding to travel if that was a concern (20-25 minute drive), which it may not be as there is several clubs close to warragul where most of their players would live. And I think notrealymuch is right in saying AFL VIC/Gippsland can overturn decisions.

The traf decision or the change of age groups in the juniors or both?

The junior decision.. No brainer

Traf one I'm not fussed either way. I understand why they wanted to move being a massive massive town growing bigger and bigger. In 10 years time they will be a huge town

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traf one I'm not fussed either way. I understand why they wanted to move being a massive massive town growing bigger and bigger. In 10 years time they will be a huge town
My reliable source at Hill End, on the move: “Yallourn Nth is trying to get into Nth Gippy league. Hill End has to play Alberton, Fish Crk etc ...... should have gone to Ellinbank too”.

So traf got voted in 8 votes to 2. EDFL also voted to go to under 18.5 and under 16.5.
Who were the 2 clubs that didn't want them. Guessing one was yarragon i think they had thoughts that if traf were stuck in mid gippy with only one junior team they could tempt left over kids down their way

Anyone else see YYN's post on facebook regarding their application to disaffiliate with the MGFL?
Fair bit of slander from both sides by the looks of things, surely this can't help anyone?

Anyone else see YYN's post on facebook regarding their application to disaffiliate with the MGFL?
Fair bit of slander from both sides by the looks of things, surely this can't help anyone?
You are correct. Disappointing. Reflects poorly.

[Do they feel better after vetting their perceived grievances? Maybe. Does it serve a worthwhile purpose, in progressing the organisation towards the end goal? I highly doubt it. Self indulgence is a luxury leaders can’t afford.]

Last edited:
You are correct. Disappointing. Reflects poorly.

[Do they feel better after vetting their perceived grievances? Maybe. Does it serve a worthwhile purpose, in progressing the organisation towards the end goal? I highly doubt it. Self indulgence is a luxury leaders can’t afford.]
They way i read it mgfl have accused yyn executive of lying to their members to suit their own purposes & of running a shonky ballet to leave league. When asked to have provided no proof. This is terminal they cant stay in that league now if held yyn executive will all resign & doubt anyone will take it on. They seem very united

They way i read it mgfl have accused yyn executive of lying to their members to suit their own purposes & of running a shonky ballet to leave league. When asked to have provided no proof. This is terminal they cant stay in that league now if held yyn executive will all resign & doubt anyone will take it on. They seem very united
Disappointing that MGFL would be insinuating anything, let alone via a public forum.

I am assuming YYNFNC are an incorporated body and therefore had to pass a resolution at a special meeting. The voting would be recorded in the minutes.
Threatening to take your ball and go home, if you don’t get your way, again doesn’t (to my mind) serve a worthwhile purpose.

If I recall correctly YYN have admirably transformed their club, for the better, over the past 5 years.

Last edited:

Exactly how I read it, this does nothing to help anyone as it makes the league look bad, and they have been dropping sly comments on their league page directed towards YYN for some time now. It can only make YYN more determined to leave the proverbial "shitstorm" this is becoming. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Why is it a no brainer to go to under 18.5 and under 16.5? Why not change to 19s and 17s if they want to change? Seems strange to me to change by half a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back