Mid-point - what's your game of the year?

What is your game of the year so far?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually not a troll post!!!!

I love AFL Evolution, yes it has a few teething issues (some of my problems differ from other people's complaints!), but I still find it fun to play :D. I've played one single default season, four seasons (1 in VFL, 3 AFL) as my created rookie pro, two seasons as Hodge, one abandoned season as Isaac Smith (so 3 listed pro careers). And presently doing my third coach career season coaching Hawthorn.

It's funny that I have spent so much time playing AFL Evolution and Injustice 2 since May........... yet they are my two most played and favourite games of 2017.

I have a Switch, but I am not interested in Zelda: BOTW at all. I wouldn't even last 5 minutes, think it's boring tbh.

Actually not a troll post!!!!

I love AFL Evolution, yes it has a few teething issues (some of my problems differ from other people's complaints!), but I still find it fun to play :D. I've played one single default season, four seasons (1 in VFL, 3 AFL) as my created rookie pro, two seasons as Hodge, one abandoned season as Isaac Smith (so 3 listed pro careers). And presently doing my third coach career season coaching Hawthorn.

It's funny that I have spent so much time playing AFL Evolution and Injustice 2 since May........... yet they are my two most played and favourite games of 2017.

I have a Switch, but I am not interested in Zelda: BOTW at all. I wouldn't even last 5 minutes, think it's boring tbh.

I love AFL Evolution as well. It's my favourite drink coaster.

PUBG.
For an online shooter it just has that quantifiable playability and replayability.

Constantly been 3rd on the steam charts behind only DOTA 2 and CS:GO. Both have which are long established titles fuelled by huge competitive scenes.

PUBG is currently dominating Twitch viewing figures.

Bear in mind this is early access at the moment and if it can deliver what is promised then we've only seen a fraction of what this game will mature into. There is scheduled full mod support for 6 months after the full release and so the sky will be the limit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel this has been the shittest year for games in a while
Reboots and remakes
Witcher 3 has been the only game i have played in the last few years that stoked my fire bitz

I feel this has been the shittest year for games in a while
Reboots and remakes
Witcher 3 has been the only game i have played in the last few years that stoked my fire bitz
:eek:

Maybe you just don't like gaming anymore, this year has been incredible for releases, by far the strongest for releases in a decade.

:eek:

Maybe you just don't like gaming anymore, this year has been incredible for releases, by far the strongest for releases in a decade.
That's probably me tbh. Ever since life started getting busier with work and various other commitments, I've noticed I'm sticking more with familiar games (e.g. sequels, and re-playing the older games, or new games from existing franchises) and not going out and looking for new games anymore. Out of this list, I've only played the Crash remake, which I've enjoyed. The only other games out of the list I will try and play at some point are BOTW and Resident Evil 7 - once again, both sequels or new game(s) to an existing franchise. I have tried to get into a few new games/franchises in the last 12 months or so, but I find my patience is limited with them. Unless they grab me early on, I'm unlikely to persist with them.

But saying that, there are a LOT of games coming out over the next 6-12 months which I am very keen to play.

Nier: Automata is my current GOTY and it is going to take something special to knock it off.

Currently smashing Zelda which is magnificent and is lineball whether that or Persona 5 is number 2 on my list.

Horizon sits 4th because it's a damn fine game.

If I had a Switch I dare say Splatoon 2 would be 2nd or 3rd.

Resident Evil VII for mine.

I loved a few games this year. Platinum'd a few like VII, Nioh, Horizon etc... but none or the others gave me the enjoyment like VII.

I'm a huge classic RE fan and for me this was like a modern version of the classics. Best RE since REmake in my opinion!

Zelda BoTW followed by Prey.

Good to see someone mention Prey. I'm playing it right now, the mrs bought it for my birthday. It's really good.

Better atmosphere than most horrors and it's borderline horror. Wouldn't mind a full fledged horror sequel.

No love for Cleveland Blakemore's "magnum opus", Grimoire? ;) Certainly has the most interesting backstory of any game released this year.

I haven't seen anything which has been interesting enough to displace my interminable backlog, though I'm looking forward to Shadow of War and South Park.

Of those I have played in 2017, Shadowrun: Hong Kong is the best I've played so far, with ABZU being a pleasant surprise. The real question is which of Dragon Age: Inquisition or Fallout 4 was the bigger letdown.

Back