Mid-Price Madness....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many mid prices are you guys fitting in your team
I have 4 atm: Williams Roberton libba greene, but may look at adding another one

6 for me at the moment. 3 of the 4 you have plus 3 others. 2 of them are very high end mid-pricers and hopefully improve slightly and end up being keepers

Macgrath, Ellis, Williams, Greene
And one other super secret in the fwd line. :cool::cool::cool:
Which Ellis? Brandon or Corey? McGrath has been in and out of my team, he's pretty awkwardly priced so i think if i was to go with him it would have to be in place of Williams and im not prepared to make that change at the moment. I finally got rid of Greene after having him at F5 since it opened and i doubt ill get him back given how bullish i am on my forwards 1-4. Assuming it is Brandon Ellis, i do like all 4 and if you can manage to pick the right blokes around them, you could definitely have a very decent team. I am interested in the mystery MP in your forwards too

Savage, Rocky, Tracca, Cyril, Acres, Lobb amongst my various mid- pricers last year and it wasn't a great success.

Think Zac Williams is a standout on 2016/2017 aves of 88/93 before injury wipe out last year.
Miles will be my second, although it is tempting to downgrade F4 Darling to JJK to free up 75k.
Nah Darling is a delicious POD

Nice
Billings?
lol
Unlikely
Too good to be in said flogs team
Watts?
and his Chocolate Factory?
Can't post google reply due to ban

Its Worpol you flogarinos.
And no I don't have him in my midpriced toilet side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which Ellis? Brandon or Corey? McGrath has been in and out of my team, he's pretty awkwardly priced so i think if i was to go with him it would have to be in place of Williams and im not prepared to make that change at the moment. I finally got rid of Greene after having him at F5 since it opened and i doubt ill get him back given how bullish i am on my forwards 1-4. Assuming it is Brandon Ellis, i do like all 4 and if you can manage to pick the right blokes around them, you could definitely have a very decent team. I am interested in the mystery MP in your forwards too

Brandon is the one. Very solid team around him. Can always one up one down the midpricers if necessary, or pick up any rookies Ive missed. Greene is definitely a watch because if his fitness.
Billings?
200.gif

AthleticGrippingKouprey-size_restricted.gif
???

Its Worpol you flogarinos.
giphy (10).gif

Secret???

whirlpool-washing-machine-500x500.jpg

Considering a new plan of attack and going mid-price madness in defence to allow 4 straight up premiums in the forward line.
The defensive premiums are a bit suspect this season.
A few years ago, Docherty, Hibberd, Houli and Shaw were about as good as you could get. Now you wouldn't be considering 3 of them and 1 is out injured.
Laird and Lloyd seem the safest.
Simpson is ageing and has to slow up at some point.
Sicily is potentially volatile.
Crisp historically starts the season slowly.
Whitfield now has Williams back but jury is out as to whether that affects his position off half back.
Howe is injured.
Hurn wasn't much of a consideration until last season so doesn't have the history of consistency.

When putting all of this into perspective there is possibly a lot to be gained from starting a few cheaper, speculative players and using the cash elsewhere (like up forward where there seems to be a lot of juicy options this year).
I currently have Laird, Williams, Witherden, Brodie Smith, Collins and Quaynor. So Witherden at $455k is at D2.
As a result I currently have a forward line of Danger, Smith, Heeny and Gunston. 4 players at $500k+. Also have 4 mid premiums and Miles at M5, with a ruck combo of Grundy and Westhoff.

I was trying for ages to get another legitimate premium in at D2 but kept changing it. This approach, while risky, has made me feel a lot more comfortable on my other lines. Will wait for the JLT to pass and see if it still feels right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back