Mid-Price Madness....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok gents and ladettes and everyone else who plays this campaigner of game from season to season!

We need some mid price options for us all to ponder over or as others like to call these players....

spud.gif

Anyway they can be rewarding starting with these types that are priced between 250k and 450k as that is the definition of a true mid price player. Angus Brayshaw last season broke out and rewarded anyone who had the balls to start with him and i am sure there are others, i cannot remember them though cause i most likely ignored them. ;)

This season we have a few to think of on every line and if you can nail these guys the benefits are huge in regards to getting massive scores from cheaper options to fill the 4th line of a position, which also saves trades as everyone else who did not start with them frantically tries to trade them in before they sky rocket in price.

Some players i am looking at......

Dan Hannebery 326k Mid.

Matty Kruezer 432k Ruck.

Aaron Francis 350k Def.

Toby Greene 354k Fwd.

Zac Williams 407k Def.

Joe Daniher 277k Fwd.

Shane Mumford 320k Ruck.

Now some are coming back from injury , some are tipped to breakout and become Top 10 in their position and the hard part is selecting the right one from the start!

Interested to hear others thoughts.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, most definitely the year for mid-pricers

Like 2017 imo. In fact this year has much more delicious pickings out of the bargain bin
So put them all in your team and cross em out as their preseason shows up flaws in their preparation,
or smarter rookie choices show themselves is the way to go?

Blaknight

Debutant
Jan 31, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks Chicago Bears
Im liking the look of the following.

DEF: B.Smith, N.Newman, A.Witherden
MID: B.Crouch
RUCK: S.Naismith
FWD: T.Greene, J.Daniher

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have some interest in the following mid-pricers. Bolded currently in my team

DEF: Blakely, Witherden, Z Williams, Milera, Crozier, Francis, B Smith, Roberton, Hanley, Birchall
MID: Viney, Berry, B.Crouch, McCluggage, A Hall, Rocky, Hanners, Libba
RUCK: Kreuzer, Mummy, Z Clarke(R3)
FWD: Billings, Gresham, C Curnow, JJK, Z Fisher, J Higgins, T Greene, Daniher

Usually dead against midpricers and only take one or too, but even I've come around to them for next year.

DEF: Blakely, Witherden, Z Williams, Milera, Crozier, Francis, B Smith, Roberton, Hanley, Birchall

Agreed on most of those.
No interest in;
Smith
Viney, McCluggage (much prefer Berry), Rocky or Hall.
Add Naismith.
No to Gresham tho, I just can't see in what world it is beneficial for the saints to move their best goal scorer away from goal.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Usually dead against midpricers and only take one or too, but even I've come around to them for next year.

Agreed on most of those.
No interest in;
Smith
Viney, McCluggage (much prefer Berry), Rocky or Hall.
Add Naismith.
No to Gresham tho, I just can't see in what world it is beneficial for the saints to move their best goal scorer away from goal.

Good point on Gresh. He's a bit like De Goey in that respect.

Huttabito

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Williams is probably the only one that's absolutely locked for me.

Team usually always starts with a handful (currently have Roberton, Birchall, Libba and Greene) but I imagine it will become more GnR as the pre-season goes on.

I do agree there is more juicy options this year, so can see it being a very viable strategy if managed right.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

I had a few of these in my initial squad .....but as I've found out, it's hard to have the must have's & have the money spread around

Currently I have bolded black ....Players I like Bolded Red ....

It's looking currently that I'll want one of either Greene or Williams ...just depending on how Birchall comes up & the shaping up of Rookies

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
Always tricky to find the right mid pricer/s
There's always quite a few and this year is no exception.
I find it interesting/useful to reflect on the previous seasons mid pricers.
Bonner - fail
McGrath - fail
L.McDonald - fail
Brayshaw - winner

Redden - fail came good late season
Libba - fail injured
Prestia - fail
Armitage - fail
Griffin - fail
JOM - pass did OK made 100k
Coniglio - winner

Lycett - winner made 150k average 80 for 270k great stepping stone to Grundy

Deledio - fail
Lobb - fail
Rioli - fail
Stringer - fail
Bundy - pass
Taranto - pass did well early
AhChee - fail

So heaps of fails not many winners
I had JOM who was OK but wish I'd had Coniglio instead was all over Lycett but let myself be talked out of it he wasn't very popular.

So we need to find this year's Brayshaw, Coniglio and Lycett but as always the odds are against us given how many picks fail.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Im probably taking 5 or 6. Viney, daniher, liberatore, B. Crouch, greene and zac williams. Could easily be more. Its insane.
It's simply going to depend on availability of good Rookies .....ATM I have 3 mid-pricers, although I'll try and get a 4th in down the track

cfx_1

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2010
New Farm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any love for Dean Kent at a new club? I probably dont have the balls to pick him in standard but 278k Fwd. Played 5 games, was injured in 2 of them and averaged 97 in the other 3. Could get a round 1 gig and he is perfectly priced for an F5 depending on your bank roll. I have ruled out Daniher. I have no faith in his SC ability.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Any love for Dean Kent at a new club? I probably dont have the balls to pick him in standard but 278k Fwd. Played 5 games, was injured in 2 of them and averaged 97 in the other 3. Could get a round 1 gig and he is perfectly priced for an F5 depending on your bank roll. I have ruled out Daniher. I have no faith in his SC ability.
I dont know if its safe to have a kent in a team that's run by a kent

Might rip a hole in the Supercoach continuum or some s**t

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers
Was keen on Daniher until I read that Rd.1 is in doubt for the big fella. Will be coming from a long way back. Have since traded him out, switched Setterfield to the fwds and traded in Miles. Much happier with the structure of my side for now. Bring on JLT

Ok gents and ladettes and everyone else who plays this campaigner of game from season to season!

We need some mid price options for us all to ponder over or as others like to call these players....

View attachment 595688

Anyway they can be rewarding starting with these types that are priced between 250k and 450k as that is the definition of a true mid price player. Angus Brayshaw last season broke out and rewarded anyone who had the balls to start with him and i am sure there are others, i cannot remember them though cause i most likely ignored them. ;)

This season we have a few to think of on every line and if you can nail these guys the benefits are huge in regards to getting massive scores from cheaper options to fill the 4th line of a position, which also saves trades as everyone else who did not start with them frantically tries to trade them in before they sky rocket in price.

Some players i am looking at......

Dan Hannebery 326k Mid.

Matty Kruezer 432k Ruck.

Aaron Francis 350k Def.

Toby Greene 354k Fwd.

Zac Williams 407k Def.

Joe Daniher 277k Fwd.

Shane Mumford 320k Ruck.

Now some are coming back from injury , some are tipped to breakout and become Top 10 in their position and the hard part is selecting the right one from the start!

Interested to hear others thoughts.
Guns are Rookies.

Midpricers are fools gold. For every 1 Midpricer that breaks out, 30 don’t.

Only one in that list with a chance to be in top players of their position to Tobias.

Guns are Rookies.

Midpricers are fools gold. For every 1 Midpricer that breaks out, 30 don’t.

Only one in that list with a chance to be in top players of their position to Tobias.

You need to get them into the Top 5-10 in their position.

Plenty are capable of it this season but they can be hard to nail.

So if you say only Greene can do it how about Zac Williams down back with Brodie Smith ?

Plenty of others to but if it is not your strategy that is fine and each to their own but forward rookies have just been crap for ages now and i can understand people going premo heavy and mid price loaded to avoid starting more than 1 forward rookie.

They are always easy to s**t on though the Mid pricers at this stage of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back