Mid-Price Madness....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cogs 2018 = Brouch 2019 ?
Except Coniglio had previously played a full season at 105+ average and started a fair bit cheaper than Brouch will this year.

Brouch has never played a full season or averaged over 100.

I will definitely be watching him closely through the preseason. But even if he gets through a full preseason, I’d be very bloody nervous starting him.

He aint playing round 1 so hard to even consider him
Danger wasn’t playing Round 1 last year but many started with him. Different player, I know.

Why isn’t he playing?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Maybe. Brouch is as good as Cogs IMO and could go 105-110. His durability though :grimacing: but as Wayne's-World says, his injury luck will change at some point, so why can't it be 2019 where he plays 20+ games and breaks out? :think:
It's easy ....if Brouch can get thru the PS, without any major hiccups, he's an automatic pick R1

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Danger wasn’t playing Round 1 last year but many started with him. Different player, I know.

Why isn’t he playing?
Isn't his lower leg in several pieces

Pretty sure there was an article saying he wont be ready or considered for round 1

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Except Coniglio had previously played a full season at 105+ average and started a fair bit cheaper than Brouch will this year.

Brouch has never played a full season or averaged over 100.

I will definitely be watching him closely through the preseason. But even if he gets through a full preseason, I’d be very bloody nervous starting him.

Think you're confusing the Crouch brothers prices. Brad's starting price is 418k and Cogs 2018 starting price was 452k

Why isn’t he playing?
In his own words " hopeful of playing in 2019". Nobody knows.

Serious and complex injury. Will be a long term project like O'Meara. Has started running at training.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Still think you need at least 3 mid pricers and preferably not just the obvious Coniglio type ones (although you need the couple of obvious ones). Sure the risk is high but you're competing for 50k with thousands of other entrants, you need to try set your team apart, and no one ever nails the G&R approach anyway despite it being `less risky`.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Still think you need at least 3 mid pricers and preferably not just the obvious Coniglio type ones (although you need the couple of obvious ones). Sure the risk is high but you're competing for 50k with thousands of other entrants, you need to try set your team apart, and no one ever nails the G&R approach anyway despite it being `less risky`.
Have you seen my midprice madness sides?
How do you think I should spend the money and do you want an invite :moustache:

Last year’s winner started with two midpricers, both the obvious ones that most had; Smith and Sicily

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Last year’s winner started with two midpricers, both the obvious ones that most had; Smith and Sicily
Didn't the winners also just have 7 players from his original line-up ? ......you can name keepers, but thru the year injuries force even those to be traded

Ideally as few as possible.
Zac Williams, Blakey and Greene currently, but Greene more out than in.
Hanners, Liberatore, Miles, Daniher, Birchall etc. currently no (durability questions except for Miles).
Open to cheap rucks 250-300k.
Looking more at discounted mids over über-pricy options (that 500-550k-ish bracket), four currently. Too many really.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Yeah your criteria is fair enough. I arbitrarily class players across all lines priced between 220k - 480k as mid-pricers. A realistic cut-off for Defs and Fwds should probably be around 450k though. 401k is not premium on any line IMO as it is based on a sub 80 average

Agreed but I agree with Jiska that the point is to see how players that were actually hyped / selected went. Hence not Dunkley, but yes Bonner Byrne CCurnow etc etc

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just went through 10 pages of sides from the start of last year and listed all the midpricers

Libba
J OMeara
Lobb
Bonner
Hannebery
C Ellis
A Pearce
Christensen
COGS (*)
A Brayshaw (*)
Savage
Petracca
C Curnow
Barlow
Smith (*)
Bryne
Sicily (*)
Rioli
Lycett
Roughhead
Walters
Armitage
Billings (not midpriced, just threw him in for the LOLs)

(*) ended up being keepers (4 out of 22)

Worth noting that Nank was only 15k less than Gawn and priced at 488k; not sure that classes as midpriced. I'm also not convinced that Smith at 440k up forward should be considered as a mid-priced option, but given that's the definition you went with I had to include Walters, Roughy, Savage and Petracca.

If you picked those 4 and none of the others you're a magician. There's a big risk vs reward element and sure, if you nail the picks, it's worth it, but I'd suggest most won't nail it and will instead be left with a spud they'll need to use a trade to move on and miss out on cash cow in the meantime.
Just went a year early on Billings.
What's his price and position?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Any love for Tom Lynch at 425k? In a decent side now with good delivery. Hard to see him not pumping out consistent decent scores.
Still the unknown of how he'll work with Reiwoldt, and work with a team that hasn't had a big Key Forward for a while ......it'll take Lynch time to assimilate into Richmonds game-plan

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
Any love for Tom Lynch at 425k? In a decent side now with good delivery. Hard to see him not pumping out consistent decent scores.
Really tempted. Pity there's so many fwd options (Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Wingard, Greene, Menegola etc) it's hard to find a spot. If Greene doesn't get up for round one it's only 70k more to start Lynch. He's the kind of pick that can get you a good head start if he goes on a goal kicking run. Could easily average 95 which is a good F5-6 for 425k. Will be looking at JLT to see if he plays a roaming high half fwd role with Jack out of the square. Can see him clunking marks lace out from Dusty then either hitting up Riewoldt or kicking for goal himself regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back