Mid-Price Madness....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sorry. One highlight gives me no movement.

You sure about that?

tenor-31.gif

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry. One highlight gives me no movement.
"
Worpel boosted his football resume further this year, but has become one of the most scrutinised players in the draft pool.

He averaged 21.2 disposals (10.6 contested), 6.8 tackles and 4.6 clearances per game in the TAC Cup – all of which placed him 'elite' or 'above average' in his position, other than his total disposals."

"
Worpel boosted his football resume further this year, but has become one of the most scrutinised players in the draft pool.

He averaged 21.2 disposals (10.6 contested), 6.8 tackles and 4.6 clearances per game in the TAC Cup – all of which placed him 'elite' or 'above average' in his position, other than his total disposals."
Nice TAC numbers but need to see that body of work at AFL level before any SC consideration. 9 career games @ $400k is just too much without really knowing what you’re going to get. Pass for me.

Nice TAC numbers but need to see that body of work at AFL level before any SC consideration. 9 career games @ $400k is just too much without really knowing what you’re going to get. Pass for me.
+1.

I get the love a little bit but too much of a risk as you said.

Chadwick surely a safer bet @F3.

Toying with Williams (D3), Brouch & Libba (M5&6), JJK (F4). Rest of team is mainstream (Grundstein).

Would like to see Worpel do well but not for me. Tee shirts should be cheap. He is (5) this year.

If starting defensive rookies are thin to the ground then I have cash to turn Brouch in to Witherden, or Luke Ryan for a POD.

Toying with Williams (D3), Brouch & Libba (M5&6), JJK (F4). Rest of team is mainstream (Grundstein).

Would like to see Worpel do well but not for me. Tee shirts should be cheap. He is (5) this year.

If starting defensive rookies are thin to the ground then I have cash to turn Brouch in to Witherden, or Luke Ryan for a POD.
Thoughts on Wingard playing mid minutes?

Thoughts on Wingard playing mid minutes?
Substantial. No single player can match Tom's ability to be involved in play all round the ground, so we will need to rotate extra players on ball. Breust, Puopolo have proven ineffectual at clearances in the past so Worpel/O'Meara/Wingard will presumably be our main clearance players. O'Meara has to be managed and Worpel is only second year so Chad may have to play 60% plus midfield. There will be others rotating through regularly but we will be relying on these 3 plus maybe Cousins, to get first use of the ball.

A lot will be revealed in the next month. Sam Mitchell is working with the midfield group so he and Clarko will be re-jigging the midfield. If either of them follow SC they will know Chad should have big midfield minutes!

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Substantial. No single player can match Tom's ability to be involved in play all round the ground, so we will need to rotate extra players on ball. Breust, Puopolo have proven ineffectual at clearances in the past so Worpel/O'Meara/Wingard will presumably be our main clearance players. O'Meara has to be managed and Worpel is only second year so Chad may have to play 60% plus midfield. There will be others rotating through regularly but we will be relying on these 3 plus maybe Cousins, to get first use of the ball.

A lot will be revealed in the next month. Sam Mitchell is working with the midfield group so he and Clarko will be re-jigging the midfield. If either of them follow SC they will know Chad should have big midfield minutes!

Would Mitch Grigg (or some other state league inside mid) be an option as a temporary Titch replacement? If I were Clarko I'd even consider offering Starlow a 12 month contract. He's still only 31 and as he showed in Rd23 against the Cats he can still be a premier ball winner at AFL level, assuming he still wants to play and is eligable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Would Mitch Grigg (or some other state league inside mid) be an option as a temporary Titch replacement? If I were Clarko I'd even consider offering Starlow a 12 month contract. He's still only 31 and as he showed in Rd23 against the Cats he can still be a premier ball winner at AFL level, assuming he still wants to play and is eligable.
Starlow at rookie price Seymour Skinner

WWnyPSQDjQDIc.gif

Beyond my pay grade! Possibly someone as back up/Box Hill.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Only take Hannerbry after the bye if he moves to defence and he becomes DPP. His body is no good anymore to play mid but if he plays prominently back he will score well.

If Libba stays injury free he'll score somewhere close to his 2016 avg.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Why is everyone using the Oleg Markov emoji in the midpricer thread?

Agree it's a lot of cash to spend on someone who is unproven. Things just seem to be lining up well for him. Don't think I have the balls to pick him, but if he does turn out to be another Oliver you heard it here first.:moustache::moustache:
The GTrain easily does a dozen cinnamon donuts in one outing.:moustache:
He doesn't even carry them around with his hands :moustache:

Oleg is rookie priced this year. :moustache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back