Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 635434

This is a sexy, mid priced team. Beautiful

1552622516121.png

I'd go Petracca down to J. Elliott, then Scrimshaw up to some peanut at 312k or lower

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
so this is where my team is at.
figured i'd post it here cause its looking kind of mid pricey. its not quite Judd_Magic levels of madness but its not all that far off.

r1 ready.JPG

thoughts Andrew Birch WaynesWorld19 Niles Crane and the rest of you mid priced fiends?

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
figured i'd post it here cause its looking kind of mid pricey. its not quite Judd_Magic levels of madness but its not all that far off.

View attachment 635460

thoughts Andrew Birch WaynesWorld19 Niles Crane and the rest of you mid priced fiends?

Hore > Burgess (for linkage with Keira)

Obviously I like this as it's pretty close to my own set up. (Not a fan of Walters TBH)

The only thing I'm having second thoughts about is going in without a legit top3 Def as potentially we could well have to upgrade all 6 defenders.

I would consider Mills > Whitfield & Walters > Greene if Punchy is named for Rd1.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Don’t think he improves this year much?

I think he will improve, and hopefully stays injury free.

You look at him sometimes and think, he is going to be unbelieve, but then you don't see him for a quarter.

I think he'll be a impact player, playing mostly forward and despite a flash of brilliance here and there, he won't be a 85+ Sc scorer.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Hore > Burgess (for linkage with Keira)

Obviously I like this as it's pretty close to my own set up. (Not a fan of Walters TBH)

The only thing I'm having second thoughts about is going in without a legit top3 Def as potentially we could well have to upgrade all 6 defenders.

I would consider Mills > Whitfield & Walters > Greene if Punchy is named for Rd1.
yeah i know defense is super skinny but i just cant bring myself to pick Punchy.
i've still got $52.5k in the kitty though so Scrim to Burgess, and Walters to Lycett gives me just enough to go Mills > Whitfield.
and it gives me a back up ruckman.

downgrading Cousins to a $123k rook also a money making option. I'm not convinced that either Scrimshaw or Cousins are guaranteed round 1 starters anyway.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
yeah i know defense is super skinny but i just cant bring myself to pick Punchy.
i've still got $52.5k in the kitty though so Scrim to Burgess, and Walters to Lycett gives me just enough to go Mills > Whitfield.
and it gives me a back up ruckman.

downgrading Cousins to a $123k rook also a money making option. I'm not convinced that either Scrimshaw or Cousins are guaranteed round 1 starters anyway.

Really like the Lycett pick. Has been in and out of my F4 several times this week.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Oliver to Sloane
Scrimshaw to Hanley
definitely considering this if Scrimshaw doesnt make round 1 even if it does break my no Gold Coast players rule.

Cousins to a 123K rookie and Scrimshaw > Hanely also works but it feels a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
currently have Brouch - M5, Libba - M6, Walters - F3, Billings - F4

?? downgrade Libba > Chayce Jones, and then upgrade Billings > Telly

currently have Brouch - M5, Libba - M6, Walters - F3, Billings - F4

?? downgrade Libba > Chayce Jones, and then upgrade Billings > Telly

Chance Jones...

C'mon man

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
How long is Ryder out for?

6 weeks? :think:

This article from Adelaide Now 4 days ago makes it sound like he might not miss any weeks...

"PORT Adelaide is not putting a timeline on Paddy Ryder’s return to football after the ruckman had surgery for a depressed cheekbone.
Ryder suffered the injury in an accidental head clash with teammate Robbie Gray in the final quarter of Saturday’s JLT Series win over North Melbourne at Alberton Oval.

While coach Ken Hinkley was bullish his star big man would be available to play Melbourne at the MCG on March 23, the Power did not detail his expected recovery time in its injury update on Monday.

In a statement the club said Ryder had undergone successful surgery and was enjoying four days off training like the rest of his teammates."

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

View attachment 635460

First thing I've been doing looking at sides this year, is looking at the number of on-field rookies ......you've got 6 ATM, same as me

You've also got 2 on-field in DEF .....same as me ....except I'm not happy with 2 onfield DEF Rookies & having Ridley would make me even more nervous

I'd have Moore in DEF with a fWD DPP bench player.....My problem is I already have Moore in DEF as my D4 .....so I have to find a D5 having, like you, so many DEF Mid-pricers

I would feel nervous with Steele .....although Saints have a good 4 game start ....but I think M.Crouch would be the better option IMO

First thing I've been doing looking at sides this year, is looking at the number of on-field rookies ......you've got 6 ATM, same as me

You've also got 2 on-field in DEF .....same as me ....except I'm not happy with 2 onfield DEF Rookies & having Ridley would make me even more nervous

I'd have Moore in DEF with a fWD DPP bench player.....My problem is I already have Moore in DEF as my D4 .....so I have to find a D5 having, like you, so many DEF Mid-pricers

I would feel nervous with Steele .....although Saints have a good 4 game start ....but I think M.Crouch would be the better option IMO

Whoa you team must be super mid pricey if you can fit a non rookie d5 hell I can even fit 1 at d4. But you have also gone for all the cheap rookies havent u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back