Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Good example. Jumping off at the right time is crucial.

Agreed. Other thing for me is are they stepping stone v keeper midpriced option.
Unless they are strong season keeper candidates (Williams, perhaps the likes of Sheed and Crouch) if you pick a stepping stone midpricer has to be someone who can go huge too in my opinion. I don't tend to pick young speculative stepping stones, prefer to go with guys who won't ever be keepers but could go 130+ to really smash the BE and ride a wave.

Brings Walker, Kennedy, even Wright into play as early season stepping stones if they manage just 2 good games between rounds 3 and 7. F4 is difficult to fill without compromising my team and I`m certainly thinking about a risky 300k prospect.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
every game for the Suns is a tough game.
its gonna be hard for a KPD to score points when the opposition midfield is running the ball in at will and hitting forwards lace out.

sure the Gold Coast defence will see a lot of the ball but most it will just be watching as it sails over their heads.

Agreed. Other thing for me is are they stepping stone v keeper midpriced option.
Unless they are strong season keeper candidates (Williams, perhaps the likes of Sheed and Crouch) if you pick a stepping stone midpricer has to be someone who can go huge too in my opinion. I don't tend to pick young speculative stepping stones, prefer to go with guys who won't ever be keepers but could go 130+ to really smash the BE and ride a wave.

Brings Walker, Kennedy, even Wright into play as early season stepping stones if they manage just 2 good games between rounds 3 and 7. F4 is difficult to fill without compromising my team and I`m certainly thinking about a risky 300k prospect.

CEY was this pick for me last year. Like many I had like 15Ok danger money in the bank and when ZGL went down I traded him to CEY as Matt Crouch went down. Averaged about 90 and scored several tons until I booted him for 430k when his bye came. Ill never do a trade that good again .

cybajedi

Senior List
Dec 9, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shoot me now but I'm liking Rocky at M5 after a full pre season and a role in the guts for Port. Didn't pick him the years he burned so many coaches, maybe it's my time to feel the burn. If he can go at about 100 with a couple of 120 plus games he'd be an easy sideways to a fallen premium when he dies.

s**t, Rockliff has somehow found his way into my team :'(

tenor.gif

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Can't wait for Cocklifts to start the year with a couple of 40's. Seeing everyone jump off him and then get him back in when he knocks a 150 in rd 14. Going to be lovely.

The more I look at it, Rockliff has to average 110 to be a worthwhile selection He is currently my M5, but with that knowledge in mind, reconsidering my structure to try and upgrade Rockliff to one of those juicy $500,000 - $570,000 midfielders is so bloody tempting.

I don't know how I could do it (perhaps downgrading Collins who im a big, big fan of to a $123k rookie + downgrading J.Elliot to a $123k forward rookie perhaps).

I like what he could do (Rockliff) but geez it is a big, big risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The more I look at it, Rockliff has to average 110 to be a worthwhile selection He is currently my M5, but with that knowledge in mind, reconsidering my structure to try and upgrade Rockliff to one of those juicy $500,000 - $570,000 midfielders is so bloody tempting.

I don't know how I could do it (perhaps downgrading Collins who im a big, big fan of to a $123k rookie + downgrading J.Elliot to a $123k forward rookie perhaps).

If i knew i was getting the Brisbane pig, I would get him in a heartbeat. I just don't understand how he regressed so much last year. Gotta be the role.

I want him to GET HIS ******* NOSE IN THE TROUGH

Yeah I would boot elliot either way. Injury prone small forward priced at 280k I dont see the value.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yeah I would boot elliot either way. Injury prone small forward priced at 280k I dont see the value.

I like what Elliott can do. May be priced highly for a small forward but when he plays, he scores well.

If he can earn me $100,000, I'm happy with that because a base priced rookie is only going to earn that without the points as well.

If i knew i was getting the Brisbane pig, I would get him in a heartbeat. I just don't understand how he regressed so much last year. Gotta be the role.

I want him to GET HIS ******* NOSE IN THE TROUGH

Think you’ll find his tackling numbers plummeted due to his shoulder problems.
Jlt2, he had about 15 marks and exactly 1 tackle.

No chance he gets back to the old Rocky, IMO.
(Not to say that he’s necessarily a bad pick for his price, but I seriously doubt he goes all hog-man again.)

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I like what Elliott can do. May be priced highly for a small forward but when he plays, he scores well.

If he can earn me $100,000, I'm happy with that because a base priced rookie is only going to earn that without the points as well.

The only zone where I'd consider a 220-300k priced option is the forward line because of the dearth of rookies. Lots of injury affected players who could be relevant for 6-8 weeks.

Wright - 6 career tonnes, 2 v Freo and 1 v Carlton, Brisbane and St Kilda. Gets all those sides in the first 6 rounds. Brisbane the only side that has really strengthened the KD position since.
Kent - has 6 tonnes in his last 31 games, not bad for an injury prone small forward.
Elliott - 4 seasons between 72-83, if he stays on the park and delivers mid 70s it's probably not a bad way to sideways your way to a dropped premo. Gone over 120 multiple times in his career and last time he was priced similar (2017 @ 291k) he progressed to 413k in just 8 games.
Moore - a lot has been spoken about him, personally not going with him but can see why with the kick-in stats
McCarthy - again, a lot has been spoken, but a similarly priced player who has shown some strong JLT form.

Reckon all these blokes can earn 120k in the first 7-8 rounds at a higher average than a rookie (i.e. Parker, Petrucelle, Balta all 50-60 options if you were playing 3 rookies).

Pick the right one that doesn't get injured and it's well played.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The only zone where I'd consider a 220-300k priced option is the forward line because of the dearth of rookies. Lots of injury affected players who could be relevant for 6-8 weeks.

Wright - 6 career tonnes, 2 v Freo and 1 v Carlton, Brisbane and St Kilda. Gets all those sides in the first 6 rounds. Brisbane the only side that has really strengthened the KD position since.
Kent - has 6 tonnes in his last 31 games, not bad for an injury prone small forward.
Elliott - 4 seasons between 72-83, if he stays on the park and delivers mid 70s it's probably not a bad way to sideways your way to a dropped premo. Gone over 120 multiple times in his career and last time he was priced similar (2017 @ 291k) he progressed to 413k in just 8 games.
Moore - a lot has been spoken about him, personally not going with him but can see why with the kick-in stats
McCarthy - again, a lot has been spoken, but a similarly priced player who has shown some strong JLT form.

Reckon all these blokes can earn 120k in the first 7-8 rounds at a higher average than a rookie (i.e. Parker, Petrucelle, Balta all 50-60 options if you were playing 3 rookies).

Pick the right one that doesn't get injured and it's well played

The two I have gone with are the ones I am banking on making the biggest impact for there prospective sides. I like what each one could do but they all have a negative side to there selection. The ones I would go after are the ones who have shown the ability to score, and score well (ave 75+ or how many 100+ scores).

devize

Senior List
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

Don't see the logic in spending an extra 170k on a guy who will barely score more than a rookie and more than likely make less money than one. Has averaged over 80 once in his career. Surely that money is better spent elsewhere.

You're better off with Moore who is cheaper and will score better.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Don't see the logic in spending an extra 170k on a guy who will barely score more than a rookie and more than likely make less money than one. Has averaged over 80 once in his career. Surely that money is better spent elsewhere.

You're better off with Moore who is cheaper and will score better.

Elliott scores better than Darcey Moore :drunkface:

Elliott has the capacity to go bigger than Moore.

Elliott's problem is his durability. Moore has a number of question marks over his SC sustainability. Elliott I'm more confident on.

Elliott scores better than Darcey Moore :drunkface:

Elliott has the capacity to go bigger than Moore.

Elliott's problem is his durability. Moore has a number of question marks over his SC sustainability. Elliott I'm more confident on.
Moore hasn't had a decent run playing in defence, his history doesn't tell you anything. Moore had 3 games last year in defence where he played the entire match, he scored 83, 68 and 91 for an average of 80. scores. His JLT scores were also good

Both equally injury prone, Moore has DPP and is cheaper, I'd go Moore in a heartbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back