Analysis Mid season assessment - on track or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

so you agree there are no guarantees and its too early to tell but then question the not sold comment? this is inconsistent.

I would be happy with fogerty if he was pick 70 plus. But he seems to offer nothing but tackles. And yes he will get better with age. But his physical attributes will put a significant constraint on how much he can improve. not to mention he is the worst kick this club has recruited since david spriggs. He is short, stocky and slow. Really dont get why he is rated at all.
People use slow as a critique so frequently and broadly that it describes four fifths of * all these days. Regardless, I'll say what I've said about other players about Fogarty - if their speed was an issue then they couldn't apply tackles or pressure. Clearly that is not the case.

More generally the kid has enormous talent, he's just primarily a midfielder and his kicking is in a bit of a rut. But you're mistaking some form and possibly first season fatigue for inherent traits, don't make that error.

so you agree there are no guarantees and its too early to tell but then question the not sold comment? this is inconsistent.

I would be happy with fogerty if he was pick 70 plus. But he seems to offer nothing but tackles. And yes he will get better with age. But his physical attributes will put a significant constraint on how much he can improve. not to mention he is the worst kick this club has recruited since david spriggs. He is short, stocky and slow. Really dont get why he is rated at all.

He's a first year player Seeds. Your expectations of an 18-year-old kid in his first year of AFL clearly differ to mine.

I still do not like how many are not and have not been playing as a part of the side on a regular basis. Too many late inclusions seem to faulter. When teams that have been welded together over many games can stand up , teams last minute glued together seem to get pulled apart.

I completely agree with this.

I think it's a significant challenge we're facing and going to be hard to manage. We've got to win 6 out of 8 games and do it while integrating half a dozen guys coming off the injury list. These guys have to get their fitness up, find form, and then we've got to, as a team, adapt to the new lineup and with very little time to do so.

We're perhaps fortunate that the guys coming in have experience in the Geelong system but it still presents as a difficult task which needs a lot of things to go right.

Can we win 4 games in a row at the G?... lets say for eg. Dees then Pies then Tigers then GF?
I don't get that feeling we could. But we might find something. We got more talent than we have had on the field for some years. If the team clicks we could be right in there. Richmond look like the best team, but they are not outstanding.

I don't get that feeling we could. But we might find something. We got more talent than we have had on the field for some years. If the team clicks we could be right in there. Richmond look like the best team, but they are not outstanding.

Have we ever won 4 finals in a row.. ? Dont think so.. ..and atpit ..the second game is probably good odds to be a non vic game..

I'd imagine we'd need to look at the same stage last season (given we finished 2nd after the home and away season) and see how we are relative to that as well.

We were 9-4 with a percentage of 114% going into Round 15 last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back