Strategy Mid-season draft 2019 / Supplemental Selection Period

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
my take on this- it rewards players who come to Adelaide to play for the Maggies. Won't help the Maggies this year but in October when we try and recruit top up players, we can tell them that if they play their cards right, a mid year draft spot is there for them.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
So why did we do that? Trengove and Mayes cannot get a game so how is Sutcliffe going to fit? Maybe there is something in it for us but I fail to see what. :think:

Probably just because they thought another club might take him.

Yeah, just like we thought the Suns might want Hinkley. :rolleyes:

Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon they would’ve picked him because he already knows the system and the players and is really just getting a pay rise. But there is no way he should be in contention for AFL selection on current form.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Holy ****.

Are we the stupidest club in AFL history?
Pick a player who is bog average SANFL at best.
No one else would have picked him, so why?
This club is ****** from ****hole to breakfast. :rolleyes::oops:o_O

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
None of the players available are any good to start with, plus they dont get a pre-season to get up to fitness and learn the game plan.

From that perspective, Sutcliffe is probably the only selection we could have made. but we should have just passed all together.

No doubt we have taken Sutcliffe because it gives an opportunity for some fluff pieces, like when we took the guy from The Recruit.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
So good to see Snelling get picked up, such a shame its at a shitfest club like Essendon.
Hope they actually play him, unlike us, we fked him around.
Averaging roughly 30 touches and 10 tackles a game this year, him not being in the sanfl the rest of the year just handed Trengove the magarey, it was a two horse race...

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
my take on this- it rewards players who come to Adelaide to play for the Maggies. Won't help the Maggies this year but in October when we try and recruit top up players, we can tell them that if they play their cards right, a mid year draft spot is there for them.
Guys like Robbie Young and Luke Reynolds?

Back