HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Our mid stocks are looking pretty decent. Will add another high quality kid at the end of the year too.
I understand he was overlooked but I would of taken the punt on Callow instead of Ham.

I think the reward if they both turned into handy players at AFL level is just greater with a KPF. Ham doesn’t show me anything that makes me want him over Callow.
But hope he proves me wrong !

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our mid stocks are looking pretty decent. Will add another high quality kid at the end of the year too.
I understand he was overlooked but I would of taken the punt on Callow instead of Ham.

I think the reward if they both turned into handy players at AFL level is just greater with a KPF. Ham doesn’t show me anything that makes me want him over Callow.
But hope he proves me wrong !
wonder if we had a 3rd pick if we could have taken callow and then ham.
Guess it puts too much pressure on the list management team to offload players at the end of the year.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
wonder if we had a 3rd pick if we could have taken callow and then ham.
Guess it puts too much pressure on the list management team to offload players at the end of the year.

Strong possibility if Callow was available at our 3rd pick we still wouldn’t have taken him. It’s pretty clear, they don’t rate him.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Strong possibility if Callow was available at our 3rd pick we still wouldn’t have taken him. It’s pretty clear, they don’t rate him.

It also may be a case that Callow put an extra year on himself if he believed the hype and Ham is a six month deal to prove his wares.

joegreen

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just noticed this but both boys are born in November. Charlie was born 11 days before Jacob.

18y 6m.

Charlie 11/11/02
Jacob 22/11/02

And the two youngest players taken overall. Born 6/7 weeks later and they would be in this year's national draft.

Plenty of development for both of them you'd think. Especially Edwards.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
How?

They knew we were taking Edwards with pick 1 and they selected Jai immediately after.

Clubs suspected they wanted Moyle and were hoping Newcombe would slip to their second pick but they passed on Moyle in favour of Newcombe.

I don't like the Hawks as much as most of us here but speculators were clearly reading way too much into Jai's nominated terms.

They got spooked for sure.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And the two youngest players taken overall. Born 6/7 weeks later and they would be in this year's national draft.

Does this make the two draftees the first north players not alive when the Carey incident occurred

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Clearly didn't rate Callow and i'm not as sold on his highlights, looks a lot like Taylor Garner/Mihocek type to me.
Edwards may well develop into a key forward as well as ruck anyway.
Also one way to keep the no. 1 pick by not fixing the forward line issues immediately.
I'm pretty happy with Edwards, give him a few years development under Goldy's wing and hope he can turn into something. Seem's to want to get better.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

On the flip side Nick Daicos is born on the 3rd of Jan making him close to the oldest player in the draft class. He only missed eligibility by 4 days for 2020.

On the flip side Nick Daicos is born on the 3rd of Jan making him close to the oldest player in the draft class. He only missed eligibility by 4 days for 2020.

Now its time for all other clubs to not deal with Collingwood so Daicos doesnt get to them..Let another club get him and watch their supporters go ballistic...lol

Back