List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2021 Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no possible way Nick Daicos goes anywhere but Collingwood this year. They don't have to deal with anyone to get him. They are committed to taking him. They just have to use their available picks in the first 3 rounds this year and next year until they have covered the points required. The only reason they will be dealing with other clubs this year is to try to limit the damage in next year's draft. If no-one deals with them, they will wear it next year.
Their first pick will go to GWS because they traded it away. Their first pick is 36,then40,41,45 totally 1690. To match North they would need another 1310 less their father /son discount....so they still need a lot more. I believe that they dont want to use their picks next year unless it has to.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Their first pick will go to GWS because they traded it away. Their first pick is 36,then40,41,45 totally 1690. To match North they would need another 1310 less their father /son discount....so they still need a lot more. I believe that they dont want to use their picks next year unless it has to.
So, just to be nasty bastards, we could blow them out of two drafts, but in doing so, we risk getting Daicos?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It's enough to just think that we could. That will do for now.

Think this through.

1622722244842.png

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So, just to be nasty bastards, we could blow them out of two drafts, but in doing so, we risk getting Daicos?

They won't let him go. They traded out their picks last year knowing that they wouldn't have a first or second rounder to pay for him. They were being smart arses with that and they are certainly prepared to wear it next year. He is the only thing they will have to show for a season in which they finish bottom 4, sack their coach, push at least one president out the door, and possibly have an entire board spill. And they may still have salary cap issues.

Having said that, I am perfectly happy if we don't give Daicos another thought and just call out the player we rank as the best when it's our turn to pick. If that happens to be Jason Horne, all the better.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
They won't let him go. They traded out their picks last year knowing that they wouldn't have a first or second rounder to pay for him. They were being smart arses with that and they are certainly prepared to wear it next year. He is the only thing they will have to show for a season in which they finish bottom 4, sack their coach, push at least one president out the door, and possibly have an entire board spill. And they may still have salary cap issues.

Imagine they didn’t match after the car crash of the last 18mths they’ve had.
Lexus centre would be levelled

No chance collingwood doesn’t match
Their supporter base reckon young Nick is the second coming
They would torch the place
Make them pay
Don’t think the strategy would be a hard sell to the Horne management team
Less pressure
Dusty at pick 3, did no harm to his marketability

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the team that “plays to win” will always trump the team that “plays to prevent another team from winning”. If Horne is perceived to be Number 1 and we have the first pick, we will select Horne.

Unrelated and I am sorry but I keep reading your name as caca

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the team that “plays to win” will always trump the team that “plays to prevent another team from winning”. If Horne is perceived to be Number 1 and we have the first pick, we will select Horne.

Too late to explain to Ross Lyon why he never won a premiership.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hawthorn's pick is the interesting one. Rumours are they'll go with Ned Moyle, but I've got the feeling they'll be kicking themselves if they let Newcombe go to another club.

His averages in the VFL this season for Box Hill:
23.3 touches, 5.5 marks, 5.8 clearances and 7.3 tackles.

His last game stats: 27 touches, 8 marks, 4 tackles and 10 clearances.

Just a reminder that this is a 19 year old inside midfielder who's very polished on the outside and makes excellent decisions. He's been playing midfield for their VFL side and has been right under their noses.

The issue with us potentially grabbing him with our 2nd pick is that the last thing we need is another midfielder, especially as I'm sure we're preparing to take one of Horne/Rachele/Long/Sonsie/[Insert mid who might climb into top 3] at the end of the year.

We've also suggested we'll go Edwards + another tall
The club really should just hire you tbh.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The club really should just hire you tbh.

It also demonstrates we've got an uncanny knack for taking the wrong option.

The whole club needs to go full George Costanza and start ordering the chicken salad, on rye, untoasted... and a cup of tea.

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It also demonstrates we've got an uncanny knack for taking the wrong option.

The whole club needs to go full George Costanza and start ordering the chicken salad, on rye, untoasted... and a cup of tea.
LOL. When I worked for a financial institution we had to successfully complete ethics training. My boss said that in the exam, he automatically rejected the answers that matched his first instinct. By selecting the opposite answers to his true responses he was able to pass.

The George Costanza theory is one way to succeed.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
We really have become Richmond circa 1990-2009. Or Carlton circa 2002-2012.

You could've given those clubs every odd numbered pick in the top 30 and they'd somehow still manage to find all the blokes incapable of reaching 50 games or anything resembling finals standard players.

Looks like we've been ponying up for the last decade for a shot at that title.

Back