These Meats Are Spoiled
Jul 26, 2007
The Throne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Gold City Royals
Something reasonable or is there more to your comment? Just peaked my interest
Spoke out of turn a bit and that was a bit trashy. I know some people at Mentone and there doesn't seem to be much keeping him from focusing on footy as a career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
The article said other clubs can grab him in the mid season draft.

I thought that was incorrect.
They can.

ACADEMY PROSPECTS TO RECEIVE EXTRA CERTAINTY

CLUBS have been told they will regain the rights to Academy-tied over-age prospects in this season's NAB AFL Draft, should they not be recruited to a rival team during the upcoming Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

It leaves a host of draft hopefuls with an added layer of certainty ahead of both the mid-season and national drafts, with clubs set to regain their ability to win first access to overage Academy-tied players should they not land a spot on a rival club's rookie list throughout the year.

Previously in 2019 when the Mid-Season Rookie Draft was reintroduced, overage prospects still involved in either Northern Academy or NGA programs could not nominate for the mid-season draft unless they cut all Academy ties.

That means the likes of Driscoll and Raak, among others, can this year elect to nominate for the Mid-Season Rookie Draft, where they could be recruited to any AFL club across the country, and still remain Academy-tied for November's NAB AFL Draft.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They can.

ACADEMY PROSPECTS TO RECEIVE EXTRA CERTAINTY

CLUBS have been told they will regain the rights to Academy-tied over-age prospects in this season's NAB AFL Draft, should they not be recruited to a rival team during the upcoming Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

It leaves a host of draft hopefuls with an added layer of certainty ahead of both the mid-season and national drafts, with clubs set to regain their ability to win first access to overage Academy-tied players should they not land a spot on a rival club's rookie list throughout the year.

Previously in 2019 when the Mid-Season Rookie Draft was reintroduced, overage prospects still involved in either Northern Academy or NGA programs could not nominate for the mid-season draft unless they cut all Academy ties.

That means the likes of Driscoll and Raak, among others, can this year elect to nominate for the Mid-Season Rookie Draft, where they could be recruited to any AFL club across the country, and still remain Academy-tied for November's NAB AFL Draft.

This sport becomes a bigger joke by the day.

The Anvil

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And Melbourne sells games to the NT, Dogs to Ballarat, Saints to whoever will have them, Port to China, Richmond were selling games to FNQ for a while, GWS have to play half their games in Canberra to have any hope of growing a fan base, ...

Secondary markets are a reality and a necessity for a fair chunk of the league. We haven't done Hobart perfectly - going from 3 games to 4 was a particularly egregious stuff-up - but we've done it better than the things we tried before and better than a few other clubs now.
Ballarat for me means all Vic based fans could go, and many would. I’d consider that different to non-Vic options.

From a fans in Tassie perspective and commitment to the state we do it well but it’s at the detriment of future Melbourne based fans.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad