List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2021 Player Watch

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
But again I counsel caution - the fact that we have the spots doesn't mean we fill them; budget in a tough year will come into it

If we can't pay for 2 rookie spots after turning a profit then I'm intrigued what on earth we're spending on.

I'd be beside myself if we have the first pick and took no one. Then for the first time I would consider pulling the pin.
That’s not going to happen. We kept a list spot open ,rather than take Skinner or Appleby ,so we could get the best performed player in the mid season draft

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s not going to happen. We kept a list spot open ,rather than take Skinner or Appleby ,so we could get the best performed player in the mid season draft
Skinner had a strong game in the SANFL. Any chance he is considered if he puts together 7 or 8 really solid games as a key forward?

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Huddle
Yes with The Huddle then sometime back they did an excellent story on a young boy who they were teaching plus giving him life skills a very good story until the young boy said He didn’t support North but the western bulldogs!
Go figure if your going to do a story yes but do it with a young boy/girl that supports North that the club is helping.

tiltraise

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2008
arden street
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Exactly.

This will likely be the best mid-season draft ever due to the number of underexposed Vic kids playing in the new overager Nab League.

We didnt want to miss out on what could be an early selection thus we kept a list spot open in case we had no long term injuries.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
We really should be hitting this draft hard. It might mean putting Comden on LTI. We just need bodies. We have no depth.

we can’t afford to forgo a shot at getting a good look and opp for a kid that will end up costing a 2nd /3rd rounder at the end of the year.

Yep 100%- go to the draft with 3 picks and it’s not like we have to use all 3 picks.
Plus it gives comben time to build up his body.

I'd be tempering expectations of what the mid season draft will throw up. There'll be a few that were missed in the ND, but on the whole it'll still be blokes who weren't deemed good enough 6 months ago.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Or recruiters didn’t know enough about because they didn’t play for a year.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we can't pay for 2 rookie spots after turning a profit then I'm intrigued what on earth we're spending on.
I'd be beside myself if we have the first pick and took no one. Then for the first time I would consider pulling the pin.
Of course, I'm only guessing, but I would assume we turned a profit because we stuck to a budget; given we left a spot open, I further assume that's been budgeted for.

The question is whether we have budget for two - like everyone else, I hope so, but won't be surprised if we only take one. From distant memory, we've been down this road before - I seem to recall we had to choose between Shane Harvey and Aaron Davey because we didn't have money for both, and took Shane to keep Boomer happy

tiltraise

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2008
arden street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd be tempering expectations of what the mid season draft will throw up. There'll be a few that were missed in the ND, but on the whole it'll still be blokes who weren't deemed good enough 6 months ago.

Due to COVID teams had to cut their lists back reducing their draft intake.

Also much less data was known about the potential draft pool due to no NAB League football.

Each year we see a few late developers that rise up draft boards due to performance.

This year its likely many of such types have been missed and I suspect the first few picks could be very strong.

Does anybody know anything about Logan Young from Claremont who is now with the Sandy Dragons?
The son of player manager Colin Young. He moved over from WA to play in the Nab league after missing out of the draft last year. He's a 191cm inside mid. Played really well in the first game of the WA All stars game.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I assume you need to put him on the LTI and that carries the risk of not getting him back on the list to play.

Reality says with surgery, rehab and getting back out the track he might be ready to play early Aug. 4 meaningless games unless we still are a mathematical chance.

Back