List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2021 Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only person here who rates Campbell in the ruck?

He has the agility of a gum tree but he is bloody strong in the ruck and generally performs well at the tap.

For me I always thought his issue was more so he struggles to balance being the #2 man, and he's not as good as Goldy at being the #1 man.
I think you are underselling just how agile gum trees can be.

When I was a kid, remember the FF kicking 150 in a season, may have been Jon Henry, if I recall correctly went to carlton and played a couple of games on the half back flank.
Did he have a woman named Polly Ann?

NGA Melbourne isn’t he? Now being talked up as a possible top 20

Melbourne can only match a bid after pick 20 - he's up for grabs for all clubs before that point. I'm seeing him widely considered outside the top 20 at this stage which surprises me. If that's the case at the end of the year then I'd love for our club to grab another top 20 pick and snag him.

Melbourne can only match a bid after pick 20 - he's up for grabs for all clubs before that point. I'm seeing him widely considered outside the top 20 at this stage which surprises me. If that's the case at the end of the year then I'd love for our club to grab another top 20 pick and snag him.
18 teams in the league which means that 2nd round starts at 19 so we could potentially take him then.
Daicos will push picks back by 1, are there any other FS prospects touted for the first round?

Decided to watch Edwards' last NAB League match (Sandringham vs. Dandenong) from start to finish today. So no one else here has to do that, here's a compilation of most, if not all, of his involvement. Apologies couldn't get sound working.

In case it's no obvious right away, Edwards is no. 70.

Yeah, Twomey's call of Edwards being considered a top 10 prospect isn't that outrageous.

He moves ridiculously well for a 203cm type.

Good contested mark.
Great Agility
Good left foot kicking action.

Ticks pretty much all the boxes.

Brady needs to do whatever it takes to get him to nominate.

Yeah, Twomey's call of Edwards being considered a top 10 prospect isn't that outrageous.

He moves ridiculously well for a 203cm type.

Good contested mark.
Great Agility
Good left foot kicking action.

Ticks pretty much all the boxes.

Brady needs to do whatever it takes to get him to nominate.
You’re the judge, so I’ll back that in; have we worked out what contract length they can offer under the CBA?

Re Edwards: Doesn't hurt that we showed some form this weekend. To be joining a club with talented jnrs, who are showing some good signs can only be a good thing. To be a part of a rebuild, in and amongst it from the ground floor, when you are a few years away yourself is ideal timing.

Jacob, you will be hitting your best at the same time North will. Get on board! Just think of those lace our kicks from Powell and Will when you play forward, plus them winning your tap outs to advantage!

And re a nod and a wink.... nothing stopping BF from offering him some incentives. We can look to sponsor him. Any other draft tampering ideas!? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Edwards: Doesn't hurt that we showed some form this weekend. To be joining a club with talented jnrs, who are showing some good signs can only be a good thing. To be a part of a rebuild, in and amongst it from the ground floor, when you are a few years away yourself is ideal timing.

Jacob, you will be hitting your best at the same time North will. Get on board! Just think of those lace our kicks from Powell and Will when you play forward, plus them winning your tap outs to advantage!

And re a nod and a wink.... nothing stopping BF from offering him some incentives. We can look to sponsor him. Any other draft tampering ideas!? ;)
A lunch with the BF mods at Chaddy food court is pretty exclusive.

She’s a shocking person but we help her with the material.

You can’t say your a Melbourne team whilst playing almost 40% of your games in a different state.

In saying that, the Hawks do exactly the same and not a word is said about them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And Melbourne sells games to the NT, Dogs to Ballarat, Saints to whoever will have them, Port to China, Richmond were selling games to FNQ for a while, GWS have to play half their games in Canberra to have any hope of growing a fan base, ...

Secondary markets are a reality and a necessity for a fair chunk of the league. We haven't done Hobart perfectly - going from 3 games to 4 was a particularly egregious stuff-up - but we've done it better than the things we tried before and better than a few other clubs now.

He’s a ruckman stuck behind Todd Goldstein, who is now starting to slow down. You really want Campbell as the primary ruck when Goldy is gone and Edwards is as raw as anything?

I saw the “Goldstein starting to slow down” mentioned in yesterday’s match day thread - while Todd was more than holding his own against Gawn. Now, it appears as though it’s a Big Footy “fait accompli”. I have to say I’m not seeing it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I saw the “Goldstein starting to slow down” mentioned in yesterday’s match day thread - while Todd was more than holding his own against Gawn. Now, it appears as though it’s a Big Footy “fait accompli”. I have to say I’m not seeing it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I should have emphasised the starting to part. He’s still going fine, but he’s not quite at his best atm.

Revealed: The top AFL mid-season draft prospects set to do battle in Colgate Young Guns game
On Saturday, Victoria’s best under-23 prospects will have a big chance to impress AFL recruiters. See who has been picked to play in the state’s showcase game.

CHRIS CAVANAGH

3 min read
May 4, 2021 - 4:33PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The best and brightest mid-season draft prospects will have one of their final chances to impress AFL recruiters this weekend in an exhibition match showcasing Victoria’s best young talent.

The Colgate Young Guns game will feature the state’s best under-23 players that are eligible for the mid-season draft in a Metro v Country clash.
Of the 52 players selected in the initial squads for the match, 48 hail from NAB League teams while four are from VFL clubs.

NAB AFL Academy member Ned Moyle has been named as part of the Vic Metro squad and has emerged as a strong mid-season draft prospect.

A 205cm ruckman, Moyle caught the eye of recruiters with a competitive performance in last month’s Academy game against Geelong’s VFL team.

NAB AFL Academy ruckman Ned Moyle (right) is part of the Vic Metro squad. Picture: Michael Klein

NAB AFL Academy ruckman Ned Moyle (right) is part of the Vic Metro squad. Picture: Michael Klein

Another ruckman who has similarly attracted mid-season draft interest is 202cm Calder Cannons big man Liam Podhajski, who joins Moyle in the Vic Metro squad.

Eastern Ranges forward Corey Preston, who trained with the Western Bulldogs in search of a Supplementary Selection Period (SSP) list spot during pre-season, will also line up for Vic Metro.

Western Bulldogs Academy members Ewan Macpherson and Cody Raak are on the same team.

The Vic Country squad features a pair of prospects who are brothers of current AFL players.

Charlie Ham — the brother of Essendon’s Brayden Ham — has made a strong start to the season for the Geelong Falcons after being overlooked in last year’s drafts.

Will Papley — the brother of Sydney’s Tom Papley — is a lively forward for Gippsland Power, where his brother also came through the ranks.

Dandenong Stingrays midfielder Will Bravo, who missed out on an SSP spot at Hawthorn over summer, is also part of the Vic Country squad.

The match will be played at Werribee Oval on Saturday from 2.40pm.

The AFL’s mid-season draft will be held on June 2.

MORE: THE 7 YOUNG STARS WHO HAVE CLIMBED UP DRAFT BOARDS
TOP 50: NAB LEAGUE SUPERRANKINGS AFTER FOUR ROUNDS

Calder Cannons big man Liam Podhajski, right, will feature in Saturday’s game. Picture: Valeriu Campan

Calder Cannons big man Liam Podhajski, right, will feature in Saturday’s game. Picture: Valeriu Campan

VIC METRO
Player, Age, Height, Weight, NAB League/VFL Club
Jake Arundell, 18, 169cm, 65kg, Eastern Ranges
Harrison White, 19, 175cm, 70kg, Western Jets
Eren Soylemez, 19, 179cm, 82kg, Northern Knights
Ewan Macpherson, 19, 179cm, 82kg, Northern Knights
Tom Blamires, 18, 180cm, 76kg, Sandringham Dragons
Corey Preston, 18, 181cm, 77kg, Eastern Ranges
Darby Hipwell, 18, 182cm, 82kg, Sandringham Dragons
Harrison Keeling, 19, 183cm, 68kg, Eastern Ranges
Joel Trudgeon, 18, 185cm, 90kg, Northern Knights
Charlie McKay, 18, 186cm, 83kg, Sandringham Dragons
Lachlan Riley, 19, 186cm, 85kg, Sandringham Dragons
Dylan Thomas, 18, 187cm, 77kg, Oakleigh Chargers
Liam Conway, 19, 188cm, 87kg, Western Jets
Ben De Bolfo, 18, 188cm, 79kg, Northern Knights
Sam Clohesy, 18, 189cm, 72kg, Calder Cannons
Fraser Elliot, 18, 189cm, 88kg, Oakleigh Chargers
Luke Cleary, 19, 189cm, 80kg, Sandringham Dragons
Logan Young, 19, 190cm, 84kg, Sandringham Dragons
Marc Massarotti, 18, 191cm, 91kg, Eastern Ranges
Cody Raak, 18, 192cm, 80kg, Western Jets
Dominic Akuei, 18, 192cm, 76kg, Northern Knights
Samuel Paea, 18, 194cm, 94kg, Calder Cannons
Flynn Maguire, 19, 195cm, 82kg, Oakleigh Chargers
Riley Smith, 20, 200cm, 104kg, Eastern Ranges
Felix Flockart, 19, 202cm, 80kg, Sandringham Dragons
Liam Pohajski, 18, 202cm, 99kg, Calder Cannons
Ned Moyle, 19, 205cm, 87kg, Oakleigh Chargers

Northern Knights high-flyer Dominic Akuei is part of the Vic Metro squad. Picture: Valeriu. Campan

Northern Knights high-flyer Dominic Akuei is part of the Vic Metro squad. Picture: Valeriu. Campan
Noah Gribble and Charlie Ham will play for the Vic Country team. Picture: Michael Klein

Noah Gribble and Charlie Ham will play for the Vic Country team. Picture: Michael Klein

VIC COUNTRY
Player, Age, Height, Weight, NAB League/VFL Club
Sam Conforti, 19, 173cm, 74kg, Bendigo Pioneers
Charlie Ham, 18, 180cm, 74kg, Geelong Falcons
Kobi George, 19, 182cm, 74kg, Dandenong Stingrays
Jack Hickman, 19, 177cm, 71kg, Bendigo Pioneers
Patrick Parnell, 19, 178cm, 60kg, Murray Bushrangers
Clayton Gay, 19, 183cm, 77kg, Dandenong Stingrays
Will Bravo, 19, 181cm, 77kg, Dandenong Stingrays
Marcous Herbert, 18, 181cm, 81kg, GWV Rebels
Flynn Young, 19, 181cm, 69kg, Geelong Falcons
Isaac Wareham, 19, 183cm, 81kg, Geelong VFL