List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m still shitty that we were forced to take unders for Jack Steven because Stephen Wells was ‘willing’ to take him to Geelong just for the good of his mental health.

I’m pretty sure his retirement this year would have been coerced to get him off the books to clear cap space and list spots for Cameron and Higgins.

I am sure he is enjoying a waterfront apartment in Geelong as a nice little retirement gift though.

Hope whatever Stuv is up to, that he is in a good head space, would have loved him to have been a one club player.

I’m still shitty that we were forced to take unders for Jack Steven because Stephen Wells was ‘willing’ to take him to Geelong just for the good of his mental health.

I’m pretty sure his retirement this year would have been coerced to get him off the books to clear cap space and list spots for Cameron and Higgins.

I am sure he is enjoying a waterfront apartment in Geelong as a nice little retirement gift though.

Hope whatever Stuv is up to, that he is in a good head space, would have loved him to have been a one club player.

Apparently Saints having a lap of honour for him on Friday night before the game.

Apparently Saints having a lap of honour for him on Friday night before the game.

Bring on the Dimmiemobile

1MeNbzr.jpg

Pretty funny that after only playing another 9 games and retiring we are still complaining that we were forced to take "unders" for him.

When he did play, he didn't look like his old self and looked old and slow.

Think we got back the value that he deserved. Obviously I never wanted to see him leave, but it looks like Geelong's valuation of him was pretty bang on.

It's sad all round really. Came to an end way too quickly.

Last edited:
I wonder with all the injuries we have had this year , if we pick a players to plug some holes in our team. I’m hoping that we focus on bringing the best 19 or 20 year olds that were overlooked last year. We could end up drafting a player by the of the year could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. No more recycled players !

I wonder with all the injuries we have had this year , if we pick a players to plug some holes in our team. I’m hoping that we focus on bringing the best 19 or 20 year olds that were overlooked last year. We could end up drafting a player by the of the year could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. No more recycled players !
A ruck then the best mid then the tallest key defender we can find

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was keen to get Hudson Garoni in the draft. Big raw alpha male forward. Saw this by Silky23 from the Pies board. Also Freezer for another crack, try him for 6 months while we have Gresham, Hanners and Jones out. Maybe try Tyson Stengle or another slippery forward as well. And obviously a decent ruckman like Gault or that GWS delisted guy.

"Hudson Garoni. Get it done.

38 goals at TAC Cup level, playing for Werribee this year has 10 goals in 4 games including a bag of 4 and bag of 5 in the last two weeks alone, named in the best 3 of the first 4 games.

Draft Profile -
Hudson Garoni dominated the TAC Cup in front of goal this season, sharing the Leading Goalkicker Award and being the big body inside 50 that the Bushrangers looked for throughout the year. He is not the most athletic player, and has areas to work on in order to build up his movement, but when he goes for his marks, he very rarely drops them. He clunks more contested marks than any other player in the TAC Cup, and is a reliable set shot for goal. He showed particularly later in the TAC Cup season that he has a high work rate, and lifted it significantly to push further up the ground. When one-on-one, Garoni often dominates smaller or skinnier opponents, and can bring the ball to ground for teammates. He is that hulking forward inside 50 that can provide a target in damaging places. For clubs without access to the top-end talls in the first round, Garoni offers some late value in terms of key position players.

He has also put on a ton of muscle since then, he looks massive. Worth a shot imo, Riccardi like. 195cm and 97 kg's ready made."

Seems that a lot of teams will be looking for a ruck, and we probably need to grab one in the first round if we can.
Goober for me.

Second round, if Either Callow or Garoni is available grab them, if we end up tryint to get Ben we might need trade bait.

Third round, I reckon someone might grab freezer before then, purely because he's one of the best at state level and he's ticking all the boxes. We come out looking like incompetent idiots for de-listing him. Maybe Hipwell if he continues to show good form.

Southport, Qld. are doing well in the revamped vfl comp. Is Brayden Crossley 21y.o (ruck), worth another crack at Afl. Is a good set shot at goal also.

Last edited:
Southport, Qld. are doing well in the revamped vfl comp. Is Brayden Crossley 23y.o (ruck), worth another crack at Afl. Is a good set shot at goal also.
Crossley, drug user, AKA Goober. Yes get him in while we still have Hanners and Carlisle as mentors.

Crossley, drug user, AKA Goober. Yes get him in while we still have Hanners and Carlisle as mentors.
Along with Crouch

still happy we have Crouch though

Last edited:
Ned Moyle racked up 23 hit outs against Naismith & Sinclair today.
Not a bad output given his age, if he nominates that is.
Pretty quiet around the ground this week but had 17 against Coburg although the Coburg ruck got the better of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back