List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal Twomey says most clubs only up to have 6 players they are interested in drafting. Not as many gems as everyone first thought.

Well isn't that consistent with our luck this year.

We are able to take 4 picks, and perhaps even 5 if Jones has a setback, and what now we might even struggle to get a decent pick with just the second one?

The problem with Clav that everyone misses - he’s not very good at football. Apart from being tall and looking the part with a smart head on his shoulders, he’s played about one good quarter of footy in his time with us. At not one point have I seen him play that said to me he’s remotely AFL level.

Interesting. Have you seen him this year? He was our best and dominated for Sandy in round 1. I'd love to see more of him but the broadcasting is non-existent... but hey I can watch stone skipping on The Ocho!! I hope he makes it.

Ned Moyle racked up 23 hit outs against Naismith & Sinclair today.
Not a bad output given his age, if he nominates that is.
Pretty quiet around the ground this week but had 17 against Coburg although the Coburg ruck got the better of him.
Any relation to Brett?

We will only take one player. No idea who but surely a mature ager. Don’t mean 25 but at least a year or two in senior footy. The only ones that really last mid season were the mature players.

I wonder with all the injuries we have had this year , if we pick a players to plug some holes in our team. I’m hoping that we focus on bringing the best 19 or 20 year olds that were overlooked last year. We could end up drafting a player by the of the year could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. No more recycled players !
100%. I want a player that could be a potential long term player. And a 19 year old midfielder could be ready to go, although they might need a mini preseason to get their fitness and standards up to AFL level.

Saints have too many recycled players that are VFL standard.

100% need to go for tall players here.
going for a mid, the quality of mid which would be available is pointless.
bytel and byrnes improving and dunstan in vfl better than anyone we would be able to get.

our tall stocks are shot,
ryder, frawley 30+
doogs, check.
king will be a gun but needs support. just a kid.
jake body wrecked.
big Marshall INJURED.

mckernan will be playing next week
only wood and hunter left.

mccartin, why TF not?
otherwise someone who can ruck/fwd hope they can come on and take mckernans spot while marshall is out.

bytel and byrnes improving and dunstan in vfl better than anyone we would be able to get.

ryder, frawley 30+
doogs, check.
jake body wrecked.
big Marshall INJURED.

mccartin, why TF not?
otherwise someone who can ruck/fwd hope they can come on and take mckernans spot while marshall is out.
Get mccartin back as the enforcer I reckon :tearsofjoy:

ryder, frawley 30+
doogs, check.
jake body wrecked.
big Marshall INJURED.

mccartin, why TF not?

Why TF not?
Because there are younger guys who may be just as good available, and who won't be career over ( again ) when they hit their head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will only take one player. No idea who but surely a mature ager. Don’t mean 25 but at least a year or two in senior footy. The only ones that really last mid season were the mature players.
Why will we only take 1 player ?

That’s what some expert said on sen. He said he doubts any club will take more than one. He said there isn’t much quality which is a surprise considering the year off last season.

It’s just for the rest of the year, isn’t it? Not longer if we don5 want to keep them?
We’ve got the spots, I’d take a couple, it’s pretty much a “free hit”.
Why wouldn’t we?

Freeman 13 in the 1st quarter

Why TF not?
Because there are younger guys who may be just as good available, and who won't be career over ( again ) when they hit their head.
You think kids who went undrafted by 18 clubs over 6 rounds and a few rounds of rookie draft, that our club obviously thought had less talent than Allison...
“May be just as good”
-as a man who was drafted number 1 and showed plenty of talent just had injury problems and now seems to be over them?

if you’re right, I hope we pick them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back