List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did you get the draft order from Baz?
Where did you get the draft order from Baz?
From the Trade and Draft part of Big Footy, in a thread entitled "2021 mid-season draft" on page four. Posted by a charley Kelly.
No doubt it will alter a lot over the next 8 weeks.

Given this season is getting close to a write off I hope we are planning on using these picks as getting in early on some 19 year olds.
Preferably a ruck and a KPD.

Big watch on Milney's son who has been fairly handy for Sandy Zebs this year too. May be a handy Paton replacement?

Given this season is getting close to a write off I hope we are planning on using these picks as getting in early on some 19 year olds.
Preferably a ruck and a KPD.

Big watch on Milney's son who has been fairly handy for Sandy Zebs this year too. May be a handy Paton replacement?
I hope Leo is the next chance , best kick at the club they say

Mid-season draft/trade is ridiculous and goes against the "Premiership Season".

Let's reward clubs with sh*t list management. The Premiership was awarded to a team enduring the marathon of an entire season, not a bunch of cheats starting the race at the halfway mark. Getting your cattle through the final gate because the club managed them properly, those were the days. But mediocrity FTW!

There's no point having list sizes of 40+ if clubs won't ever use the spare players they already have even in their most dire circumstances. If they can't coach and manage that then they're in the wrong business. They'll only use 30 players and top up as needed mid season, what a joke.

It seems that every premiership team cheats their way to the top these days.

Let's reward clubs with sh*t list management. The Premiership was awarded to a team enduring the marathon of an entire season, not a bunch of cheats starting the race at the halfway mark. Getting your cattle through the final gate because the club managed them properly, those were the days. But mediocrity FTW!

There's no point having list sizes of 40+ if clubs won't ever use the spare players they already have even in their most dire circumstances. If they can't coach and manage that then they're in the wrong business. They'll only use 30 players and top up as needed mid season, what a joke.

Or give clubs who have been smashed by injury like GC in the ruck

Or give clubs who have been smashed by injury like GC in the ruck

Exactly, mismanagement. Do they only have three rucks on their list? Suck it up.

We had Marshall, Ryder, Alabakis, and still brought in Hunter and McKernan. Deal with it GC. We have caps on salary and list size, if they want to load up and benefit in other positions then that's the risk they take. This comp if bloody soft.

You do realise list sizes have been reduced as well? Teams with big injury lists are desperate to fill some list spots especially to help their second tier team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise list sizes have been reduced as well? Teams with big injury lists are desperate to fill some list spots especially to help their second tier team.

It's only a problem when they can't field 23 players. That's why we have lists, to be able to field a team each match. Zero sympathy until they can't. As I said, if they want to load up on players in other positions at the cost of other positions then that's the risk they take. I would think that, like most leagues, if a team can't take to the field they forfeit that match. But I doubt the AFL will let that happen.

As far as other tiers go, spots are filled from the tiers below, not from an AFL mid season draft.

Kade Simpson wants to come out of retirement. Still fit and running he says.
Obviously would have a relationship with Ratts.
With gears and Paton out might be a good fit, I know he doesn’t do the hard stuff like those 2 but I always liked him. Reads the game well.

With gears and Paton out might be a good fit, I know he doesn’t do the hard stuff like those 2 but I always liked him. Reads the game well.
I believe Geelong were keen but lost interest as he was only 36 too young for their list demographic.

He probably played with Ratts. He's about 300 yard old. He'd need a mobility scooter to get to his opponent.

here's a left field suggestion Kade Simpson?

Huge rumour that the Cats have just placed an order for a new Zimmer 5000 and that Kade Simpson was seen to seen to be wheeled around the Kardinia Park Retirement Village

So if a player is staring in another comp he has to wait. How does it actually hurt having a mid season draft? It doesn’t. It’s a very good idea. I’d probably even have trades between clubs so more players get to play afl. After all isn’t that what it is about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back