List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2021

Meh, she's just a boring cookie cutter blonde, apparently some guys can't resist that.

It's a bit of a meme, she's not my type either but it's pretty funny that she looks younger than her son and the size differential is a real contrast too.

Watch the debut video I put up, she's interviewed.
Listening to Dermie on that video and he's even more vomitworthy than usual. The kid played alright but he was talking him up to a ridiculous level.

Me thinks he may fancy a little bit of Mumma Goober 🤔

Meh, she's just a boring cookie cutter blonde, apparently some guys can't resist that.

She’s an upgrade on Stifler’s mum 🙂

JpYXs3b.jpg

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Moyle?

Apparently held his own in the ruck against Geelongs VFL side on the weekend.

Doesn't offer a lot around the ground or forward at the moment, but has been dominant in the ruck for Okleigh from what I've read.

Sounds like he's a better ruck prospect than Edwards but probably not as good around the ground?

Disagree

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Around the ground like Edwards .....a lot.

But if we have opportunity for Moyle would jump at it..

Kid knows how to look after his midfield , blocks , tackles , loves the physical stuff ,mobile

Going to be a monster ...
In his 3 games he's taken a total of 5 marks and averaging around 8 touches despite playing full games on the ball.

Every write up I've seen and from watching snippets of him suggest he lacks mobility.

I can't see how he offers similar to Edwards around the ground.

Not suggesting he's not a good prospect and is obviously a good ruckman, but it seems pretty obvious he doesn't offer a lot around the ground at the moment other than shepparding and tackling.

If it's a tap ruckman we are looking at to complement Marshall he's worth looking at if Edwards is gone, but the fact Edwards can play forward and impact around the ground has him in front in my opinion.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
In his 3 games he's taken a total of 5 marks and averaging around 8 touches despite playing full games on the ball.

Every write up I've seen and from watching snippets of him suggest he lacks mobility.

Not suggesting he's not a good prospect and is obviously a good ruckman, but it seems pretty obvious he doesn't offer a lot around the ground at the moment other than shepparding and tackling.

If it's a tap ruckman we are looking at to complement Marshall he's worth looking at if Edwards is gone, but the fact Edwards can play forward and impact around the ground has him in front in my opinion.

Like Edwards a lot...but keep saying there are other prospects and good ones .

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

A ruck these days won't survive if they aren't mobile. Sounds more like a back-up journey man rather than starting ruck.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
A ruck these days won't survive if they aren't mobile. Sounds more like a back-up journey man rather than starting ruck.
Watching him against the Jets he looks very slow and immobile.

No doubt he's aggressive when the ball is around his area but he doesn't do a lot else.

Seems like a Billy Longer type, but even Longer was taking marks as an 18 year old.

Yes, a big lumbering ruckman without many tricks, who doesn’t take big marks and is not a forward threat, would not be high on any club’s want list.

To summarise; A Longer is No Longer desirable.

Yes, a big lumbering ruckman without many tricks, who doesn’t take big marks and is not a forward threat, would not be high on any club’s want list.

To summarise; A Longer is No Longer desirable.

Knightmare said:
#9 GWS - Billy Longer (VIC – Ruck/KPF)
Height: 202cm, Weight: 98kg, DOB: 12/05/1993
Recruited from: Northern Knights
Style: Paul Salmon
Player comparison:
Range: 4-15
Profile: Ruckman who can also have an impact as a forward. Looks like a really solid prospect and is the standout ruckman in this draft. Has great size and should grow out solidly. Strong overhead and can take a strong contested grab. Every time you hear about him you hear about his curious left handed tap work for a right footer. For a big has good pace. Gives solid effort and gives those 2nd and 3rd efforts and is very good at ground level. One thing that stood out to me with Longer at the champs is that during the quarter breaks he would always be giving his team mates a rev up and on field would always encourage his team mates consistently which is a good sign. Like most ruckman at a similar age needs to work on endurance and can still get better at pushing forward and being a dangerous marking target, but it should come. Kicking while he has good penetration already he still needs a fair bit of work in on it, doesn’t find the intended target nearly consistently enough. As a forward though is a really strong target and can provide a serious option, so doesn’t have to be a pure ruckman although at his height you’d think eventually that’s the role he plays primarily.
Snoop Dog said:
# 11 GWS – Bill Longer (Northern Knights / 202 / 95 / 93)

Giants don’t have any ‘A’ class ruck prospects on their list and this kid is a natural. For mine he is also a player they could throw in for a dozen games next year quite easily and I think his progress will be similar to Vardy’s. He gets around the park well, can be a link man, gives 2nd effort when required but most importantly takes contested marks which means he can be thrown forward and that is crucial in the modern game. The only knock I have on him is at times his skills aren’t as good as you would hope for a top pick. In fact I think there is a chance if they can be convinced Lions won’t take him then maybe they leave him to the next batch but if Brisbane and Port had any brains they would show all the signs of being into him to shake loose the best mid prospects they can.
AFL Comparison – Dean Cox..’ish
Quigley said:
Pick 5 - GWS

Now things start to get interesting. Giles will go alright next year with Brogan, and Phillips has some talent, but the ruck is probably the biggest need area for GWS based on what is already at the club. Longer is head and shoulders above the next best ruck talent and I don’t take the risk that Port might go with a best available policy and take him. Need would be too high here for me. WHE and Buntine are being talked about here and if GWS are confident Port will not take Longer they might go with one of them.

Billy Longer
DOB 12/5/93 Ht 201 Wt 98

We are going through a bit of a golden age for young ruck prospects and Longer is another one. Longer is probably the best ruck prospect to come through the draft in the last couple of years (note Smith was a zone selection and not drafted). I think he will develop into a very physical style of ruck and he will be banging bodies with the likes of Mumford before too long.

Currently he has a reasonable physique for an AFL ruck but he is only going to become a very imposing figure even by AFL standards as he gets older and spends more time in the gym. He has nice height and he uses it very well. He is not a huge possession ruck but he does work hard and as he improves his endurance I think he will become more involved. At the moment he works hard and covers plenty of ground but that is usually just getting where he needs to be for a contest. He also tends to die a bit in the second half of games a bit. So currently the mind is willing but the body can’t hold up its end. From the amount of work he currently does and the amount he pushes himself I don’t see there being any problem for him to get his endurance up to scratch.

In the ruck contest itself he was far and away the best tap ruck in the Champs this year. He is right handed but taps with his left hand for some reason but be that as it may he is very effective with that left hand. He gets good height on his leaps, controls his body excellently and directs his taps down the throat of the free midfielder. He is very good at finding the open guy and when it comes to a wrestle at bounces or throw ins he is very strong and holds his ground well. After the tap work has been done he recovers very quickly and will follow up and become involved in the play. He has nice hands in close and shepherds and clears space for his mids to work in very nicely.

The other feature of his game is his marking. He is a stand out with the ball dropping on his head, having great judgment of the ball in the air and using his height and stretch to take it where few others can get to it. His hands are very soft and he watches the ball intently into his hands and is not distracted by body contact. He works hard to get into the square at both ends when the balls are coming in and he regularly comes up with marks close to goal. He hasn’t been a big leader this year but last year when he played as a forward a lot at the Champs I thought he got out on the lead well and was difficult to stop. I would expect he could start his career as a forward / 2nd ruck and be very dangerous doing so. He is pretty quick for a big man and last year lead to pretty good spots. He also presents as a great goal square target given how strong he is in taking those types of balls.

The big weakness in his game is his kicking. He seems to look to take pretty good options but his execution lets him down very regularly. He has little or no confidence in his kicking and when he is forced to kick he punches or underkicks it and does not kick through it. I am not sure he watches the ball onto the boot enough and his drop may be a little erratic. When he does just go long he has reasonable penetration and I have a couple of notes from games commenting on him making a nice long kick. His kicking for goal is not much better than his field kicking which is a factor which might inhibit his usefulness as a forward option. Wherever he goes to next year be it Sydney or Adelaide he is going to be doing a lot of work on his kicking.

Longer was one of the leaders of the Vic Metro side and if you saw any of their games this year you would have noticed him being the one who was doing the talking to the players. Overall I think he is an excellent prospect and if he can sort out his kicking could easily become one of the elite rucks in the game.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Around the ground like Edwards .....a lot.

But if we have opportunity for Moyle would jump at it..

Kid knows how to look after his midfield , blocks , tackles , loves the physical stuff ,mobile

Going to be a monster ...
I wouldn’t take a ruckman who doesn’t love the physical stuff, if I want run and carry I’m not using a ruckman.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Longer in the TAC cup was a very different footballer than what Longer in the AFL was.

That's my worry with this guy. If he's 19 and not taking marks against 18 year olds despite being 205cm, how's he going to do it at AFL level?

Longer's problem ended up being work ethic, didn't it? I thought he didn't come on just because he basically couldn't be bothered.

Apparently his work ethic wasn't up to scratch by the end, but he was never a great mark and didn't have a lot of impact outside of his ruck work.

At the risk of starting this all again, that was always the reason for the Longer vs Hickey debate...

Longer was good as a tap ruckman but pretty useless around the ground
Hickey much more mobile and a good mark and kick around the ground, but not a very good tap ruck.
We needed a bit from column A and a bit from column B.

Brisair

Rookie
Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Moyle?

Apparently held his own in the ruck against Geelongs VFL side on the weekend.

Doesn't offer a lot around the ground or forward at the moment, but has been dominant in the ruck for Okleigh from what I've read.

Sounds like he's a better ruck prospect than Edwards but probably not as good around the ground?
Moyle is a very strong ruck like Heath.

Back