List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Articles:

This one surprised me. Thoughts? I've always seen him as a high half forward who does some nice things but is not prolific. Have only watched bits and pieces of a few Sandy games though.

St Kilda

A midfielder who thrives on winning first possession at stoppages and distributing by hand, Darby Hipwell is the standout for St Kilda. In 2021 for Sandringham's NAB League side, Hipwell was the stoppage star on a team consisting of Finn Callaghan, Josh Sinn, Campbell Chesser, Mitch Owens, Blake Howes and Marcus Windhager. While Hipwell is being asked to sacrifice his game this year by playing forward for Sandringham's VFL side, if his midfield minutes grew, his influence would be competitive with the St Kilda AFL listed players he plays alongside.

Is this supposed to be a criticism? Pretty out of date in my opinion.

Nah not at all!

I just always love how wrong we always are because we guess everything except "193cm SANFL player then 'pass'" haha

WTF does this mean? He's our NGA, how and why would the AFL block it?

I'd say we found out that he was zoned to us and had the background to allow him to have joined the academy but never actually trained and by that stage it was too late. I think Jamara Ugle-Hagen was similar, I don't know that he actually did much of his development with the Dogs academy but they listed him early enough.

Reckon a bigger KPF would be worth a look.
Out of all the depth spots we need I reckon it is something we have the least of.

Based off Sandy team and players playing in other positions
Small def: Geary, Connolly
Medium Def: Lienert, Joyce, Highmore
KPD: Adams, Joyce

Inside Mids: Bytel, Owens, Byrnes, Clark
Outside Mids: Connolly, Peris, Byrnes, Clark

Small Fwds: Butler, Kent, Kyle,
Medium Fwds: Allison, also have Sharman & Wood playing atm.
Tall fwds: Heath?

Rucks: Campbell & Heath

Reckon a bigger KPF would be worth a look.
Out of all the depth spots we need I reckon it is something we have the least of.

Based off Sandy team and players playing in other positions
Small def: Geary, Connolly
Medium Def: Lienert, Joyce, Highmore
KPD: Adams, Joyce

Inside Mids: Bytel, Owens, Byrnes, Clark
Outside Mids: Connolly, Peris, Byrnes, Clark

Small Fwds: Butler, Kent, Kyle,
Medium Fwds: Allison, also have Sharman & Wood playing atm.
Tall fwds: Heath?

Rucks: Campbell & Heath

Jack Hayes longer term. I still think that McBean could be worth a go if we want instant impact. I wonder how Hudson Garoni is going at Werribee, he looked a KPF to watch in his draft year. Was a bit of a Jack Hayes type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Hayes longer term. I still think that McBean could be worth a go if we want instant impact. I wonder how Hudson Garoni is going at Werribee, he looked a KPF to watch in his draft year. Was a bit of a Jack Hayes type.
McBean is almost 28 and I don't see him being best 22 so I think we'd be better looking for a young player.

There'd be a few out there in sure we've been keen on and keeping an eye on.

McBean is almost 28 and I don't see him being best 22 so I think we'd be better looking for a young player.

There'd be a few out there in sure we've been keen on and keeping an eye on.

I thought as an interim between Heath and the current rucks he'd make an okay forward ruck for a couple of years. He's from SA so he's already half way here.

Interesting that Hall-Kahan could have fallen under our Academy but the application was denied. Small pressure forward is a bit of a weakness on our list so I wouldn't mind it.
188cm is small?!

Last edited:
Don't mind the look of Derksen.

Think we could use some more competition for the second KPF position and Sharman is more your Gunstan type IMO.

He was projected as a possible rookie last year. I guess the question is , after 6 months , is he more draftable?

STRENGTHS:

• Goal sense
  • X-factor
  • Footy IQ
  • Forward craft
  • Upside
  • Scoreboard impact
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Consistency
  • Versatility
  • Off-ball impact

Remove this Banner Ad