List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean the kid comes in and out performs either, there are ways to make spots available.

Look at the kids who were taken.
1: Jai Culley, a good sized 19YO kid playing U19's. Not considered good enough to Rookie 6 months ago has had some good performances this year.
2: Kallan Dawson, a 24YO 194cm intercepting defender from Williamstown. Think Tom Highmore.
3: Massimo D’Ambrosio , an under 19s defender who uses the ball well. Has been training with Richmond.
4: Brett Turner 26YO midfielder from the SAFL. I'm sure our recruiters are familiar with him ( and have had ample opportunity if they want him - played 4 games in 2022 ).

Those were the top 4.
I can't say i'm overcome with envy regarding any of them, but they are probably a lot better choices than those taken 10 picks later.

Have you noted anyone amazing in the state leagues or juniors this season , that would showcases why they should have been rookied 6 month ago?

Look at the kids who were taken.
1: Jai Culley, a good sized 19YO kid playing U19's. Not considered good enough to Rookie 6 months ago has had some good performances this year.
2: Kallan Dawson, a 24YO 194cm intercepting defender from Williamstown. Think Tom Highmore.
3: Massimo D’Ambrosio , an under 19s defender who uses the ball well. Has been training with Richmond.
4: Brett Turner 26YO midfielder from the SAFL. I'm sure our recruiters are familiar with him ( and have had ample opportunity if they want him - played 4 games in 2022 ).

Those were the top 4.
I can't say i'm overcome with envy regarding any of them, but they are probably a lot better choices than those taken 10 picks later.

Have you noted anyone amazing in the state leagues or juniors this season , that would showcases why they should have been rookied 6 month ago?

Some of those guys have had outstanding performances. Culley looks an absolute gun. D'Ambrosio looks a little jet too. I reckon Will Hayes even looks okay. Behind heaps as the Dogs so let go and looks ready made to play tomorrow.

Some of those guys have had outstanding performances. Culley looks an absolute gun. D'Ambrosio looks a little jet too. I reckon Will Hayes even looks okay. Behind heaps as the Dogs so let go and looks ready made to play tomorrow.
That’s because it’s highlights. Most of these guys will delisted within 2 years.

Hayes has already shown he’s VFL level. Yeah, he may improve, but some of these picks have been so over-hyped.

That’s because it’s highlights. Most of these guys will delisted within 2 years.

Haven't watched much of them, just read up on them. People who know more than me have said that they are dominating and will move into AFL well. We seem to have found some gems in the mid season draft. Plenty of others have too. Jai Newcomb is already looking like a star from last year. Marlion Pickett was a mid season pick too.

Hayes has already shown he’s VFL level. Yeah, he may improve, but some of these picks have been so over-hyped.

Hayes was behind too many at the Dogs. He looks like he will struggle to jump mids at the Blues too but if they have one go down he looks ready to walk straight in.

Haven't watched much of them, just read up on them. People who know more than me have said that they are dominating and will move into AFL well. We seem to have found some gems in the mid season draft. Plenty of others have too. Jai Newcomb is already looking like a star from last year. Marlion Pickett was a mid season pick too.
People who know more than us said it was very weak compared to last year as last year was 2 years. St the moment we have found Sharman. Mayo is gone. Heath is completely unproven but let’s hope. Think Sharman is a pretty average player myself. Done really well considering where he has come from but not sure he makes it but that’s ok. More don’t make it than do make it. You named 2 and then say plenty. Plenty more will be delisted after 2 years. Anyway who cares. We didn’t get anyone.

People who know more than us said it was very weak compared to last year as last year was 2 years. St the moment we have found Sharman. Mayo is gone. Heath is completely unproven but let’s hope. Think Sharman is a pretty average player myself. Done really well considering where he has come from but not sure he makes it but that’s ok. More don’t make it than do make it. You named 2 and then say plenty. Plenty more will be delisted after 2 years. Anyway who cares. We didn’t get anyone.

There probably hasn't been much change between the previous rookie intake, and this one.
Its like saying "what do you think of Leo Connolly"? in January, then asking the same question now.

There probably hasn't been much change between the previous rookie intake, and this one.
Its like saying "what do you think of Leo Connolly"? in January, then asking the same question now.
Like my post on wages common sense suggest 2 draft years combined would be stronger than one. Even not using common sense the draft experts said this is much weaker than last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back