List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

So a phantom based on the Fox info would be something like....

A year ago we probably had a few on our list that managers might have thought would be disposable. This year they have lifted to the point that we want to keep most of them.

Out of contract are:
Long. Turns 25 in August. Is he best 22? seems to fill in as a pressure forward or a man on man defender when someone else is out. ( Will he keep his spot when Butler/Higgins are back? ). Other teams have been reported to have shown interest. Possibly Expendable.

Paton. 23YO Would seem to be safe, gets a game each week and no-one really putting pressure on his spot.

Butler. 25YO His game is a bit divisive to supporters, high pressure , low scoring. He seems safe.

Hannebery 31YO Retire.

Joyce.
25YO He seems to be a vital piece of depth for us. He's unrestricted free agent , so that means any other club desperate for a defender could throw some cash at him. Some here don't value him highly, but how many guys could be available to play that role at short notice in the event of another teams key defender having an unexpected long term injury.

Kent. 28YO I forgot we had him. I think he's gone come end of year. Delist

Bytel
. 22YO Too young to write off ,especially considering his interrupted career.

Higgins 23YO Best 22 player.

Lionert 27YO. Seems to be a depth player. I like him and he's competent , but if a rookie were to show something worth keeping , Lionert could be considered expendable.

Geary 33YO , time to retire. ( I feel sorry for him helping hold up the club through the hard times, then having to leave when it gets exciting ).

Battle 23YO. If he leaves it won't be the club pushing him out. Could other teams be circling?

Wood 28YO. Coach seems to like that tall player on the wing. Have we got a replacement? Does Amon force him out. Could be expendable.

Heath 19YO. We should be thinking about signing him soon. I'd go 2-3 years, maybe more. ( Rucks are highly poachable ).

Ryder 34YO. If he wants round again he gets a contract.

Marshall 26YO. Get stuffed Bombers.

Byrnes 21YO Tracking nicely.

Campbell 30YO. Very good in clubland. But if we took another ruck to slot in-between Marshall and Heath, then he's probably ( possible ) redundant.

Highmore 24YO. Give him a contract. ( i can imagine the melts here if he was de-listed ).

Jones 27YO Vital part of our engine room, but after his personal leave i really don't know his status. For all i know he could go early retirement, or he may play happily for another 5 years. Unknown.

As I posted previously our list is very tight if we bring in 3 picks from the National Draft. And possibly a UFA or two.

Paddy is playing on.

So delistings would only be Geary, Hannerbery, Kent and say Joyce. Maybe Campbell if we need the slot for a UFA. Unless we trade out a player/s.

And if we are going for "keepers" and not just a 6 month depth player, then there was only really one slot.

Also with a second slot it probably gets to be no better value thana late pick in the National Draft.
Has there been some official word that Paddy is playing on?

Nothing has been signed but he's said that he wants to play as long as he can which suggests he wants another contract

Yes he has stated he wants to keep playing. Including in an extended interview on the couch.

He is arguably in the best form of his career.

He is a massive mentor around the club to all of our playing group.

He complements Marshall perfectly......and Max Heath (only19yr 7mth) is some way yet off being a regular at AFL level.

So Paddy has the desire, the ability, the form and we as a club have the need for what he provides. Meanwhile we keep developing Heath, including with the occasional game (probably starting in 2023).

Yes he has stated he wants to keep playing. Including in an extended interview on the couch.

He is arguably in the best form of his career.

He is a massive mentor around the club to all of our playing group.

He complements Marshall perfectly......and Max Heath (only19yr 7mth) is some way yet off being a regular at AFL level.

So Paddy has the desire, the ability, the form and we as a club have the need for what he provides. Meanwhile we keep developing Heath, including with the occasional game (probably starting in 2023).
I'd even take Paddy in a couple years just as a VFL coach/player. One of those soft cap rorts where a player is essentially a coach but technically on the list. Just hanging around at Sandy teaching Heath and maybe coming in for a match or two a year at AFL.

I'd even take Paddy in a couple years just as a VFL coach/player. One of those soft cap rorts where a player is essentially a coach but technically on the list. Just hanging around at Sandy teaching Heath and maybe coming in for a match or two a year at AFL.

I think the space on the main list is tighter for us than the space under the soft cap.

Good old Shifter 🤪

Hf3fs8L.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's that ex AFL key defender that everyone had a stiffy over last year? Did he get drafted? Or was that just Bigfooty hype?

Who's that ex AFL key defender that everyone had a stiffy over last year? Did he get drafted? Or was that just Bigfooty hype?

The Schlong. Nah didn't get picked up and last I heard he was getting pissed during rehab and his stocks have plummeted, I imagine he must have done a serious injury because hype's gone very quiet. Trained on with Freo at the start of the year and didn't get picked up. Weird seeing as they have about 15 KPDs.

The Schlong. Nah didn't get picked up and last I heard he was getting pissed during rehab and his stocks have plummeted, I imagine he must have done a serious injury because hype's gone very quiet. Trained on with Freo at the start of the year and didn't get picked up. Weird seeing as they have about 15 KPDs.
Haha yeah Goober and the Schlong.

Sounds like Goober's been washin' down the doughnuts with XXXX and the Schlong's flaccid, didn't nominate for the MSD.

Haha yeah Goober and the Schlong.

Sounds like Goober's been washin' down the doughnuts with XXXX and the Schlong's flaccid, didn't nominate for the MSD.

Sounds like a Comedy Police Movie about two outcast police officers who are partnered together.

Shlong : "Hey Goober, check out that hot babe lookin in our direction "
Goober : " You arsehole that's my Mum " ( Sound of a loud punch and scuffling ).
Sarge : " GOOBER....SHLONG.... I warned you, that's it ... you're off the case ...you're going to be patrolling the Mall, hand over your weapons and ask supply for some tazers "
Goober " "Great they just got a new Duncan Donuts at the Mall " ( Canned Laughter ).
Cut to organized criminals using the Mall as a cover operation.

Starring : 73 Year old Ronald Perlman as "Looking old for his age Goober"
Will Farrell as Shlong.
Ice T as Sarge and Dakota Fanning as "Goober's Mum "

Correct.

Was reportedly out on the beers while in a moonboot because he assumed he was a lock to get picked up.

Still young enough to sort himself out but clearly has a pretty high opinion of himself if he thinks he can get away with that sort of stuff!

So a phantom based on the Fox info would be something like....

A year ago we probably had a few on our list that managers might have thought would be disposable. This year they have lifted to the point that we want to keep most of them.

Out of contract are:
Long. Turns 25 in August. Is he best 22? seems to fill in as a pressure forward or a man on man defender when someone else is out. ( Will he keep his spot when Butler/Higgins are back? ). Other teams have been reported to have shown interest. Possibly Expendable.

Paton. 23YO Would seem to be safe, gets a game each week and no-one really putting pressure on his spot.

Butler. 25YO His game is a bit divisive to supporters, high pressure , low scoring. He seems safe.

Hannebery 31YO Retire.

Joyce.
25YO He seems to be a vital piece of depth for us. He's unrestricted free agent , so that means any other club desperate for a defender could throw some cash at him. Some here don't value him highly, but how many guys could be available to play that role at short notice in the event of another teams key defender having an unexpected long term injury.

Kent. 28YO I forgot we had him. I think he's gone come end of year. Delist

Bytel
. 22YO Too young to write off ,especially considering his interrupted career.

Higgins 23YO Best 22 player.

Lionert 27YO. Seems to be a depth player. I like him and he's competent , but if a rookie were to show something worth keeping , Lionert could be considered expendable.

Geary 33YO , time to retire. ( I feel sorry for him helping hold up the club through the hard times, then having to leave when it gets exciting ).

Battle 23YO. If he leaves it won't be the club pushing him out. Could other teams be circling?

Wood 28YO. Coach seems to like that tall player on the wing. Have we got a replacement? Does Amon force him out. Could be expendable.

Heath 19YO. We should be thinking about signing him soon. I'd go 2-3 years, maybe more. ( Rucks are highly poachable ).

Ryder 34YO. If he wants round again he gets a contract.

Marshall 26YO. Get stuffed Bombers.

Byrnes 21YO Tracking nicely.

Campbell 30YO. Very good in clubland. But if we took another ruck to slot in-between Marshall and Heath, then he's probably ( possible ) redundant.

Highmore 24YO. Give him a contract. ( i can imagine the melts here if he was de-listed ).

Jones 27YO Vital part of our engine room, but after his personal leave i really don't know his status. For all i know he could go early retirement, or he may play happily for another 5 years. Unknown.

Don't know if I'm just a biased Saints supporter, but I feel like if a player like Marshall was seriously going to move there'd be more rumblings than there are. Also don't see Battle getting the overs thrown his way that you would expect would be a requirement to move a guy with no reason to move. Highmore is the one I'm worried someone might pinch, he deserves to be playing at AFL level but we don't have a spot for him, has moneyball written all over him if you're a recruiter from another club.

Bit different this year so I haven't been keeping up with anyone who's available.

Will be interesting to see which way we go. Don't have any glaring lack of depth in any position except maybe key defender.

More likely to go a mature ready-to-go type than a project do we think?

Surely we go some unknown from SA

Bit different this year so I haven't been keeping up with anyone who's available.

Will be interesting to see which way we go. Don't have any glaring lack of depth in any position except maybe key defender.

More likely to go a mature ready-to-go type than a project do we think?
Still expecting someone from SA no one has ever heard of and they’ll be awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back