List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mid-Season Draft June 1st

As the mid-season draft is less then a month away I reckon it’s time to open up this thread.

Last year we scored Max Heath and Cooper Sharman, two galaxy brain selections from pick 7 and pick 16 (IIRC).

This year, I’ve just realised that with Hayes doing his ACL, we have the potential for two picks in this draft if we choose put Coffield and Hayes on the LTI list.

The questions of interest are:

• Do we look for a mature player to fill in any needs this year due to injuries?
  • Do we look to draft young diamond in the rough picks again?
  • Do we even open up two picks and have a look?
I think we might do a mix of picking a young player and a mature player to balance depth, and bringing youth in. I’ve also come accustomed to scoring great players form oblivion so let’s see if we can continue that trend - SANFL I’m looking at you!

Anyway, have at it.

Articles:

With Hanners now listed as "indefinite" on the injury report could we possibly open up a third spot?

I don't see why we wouldn't. We get half a season to get a really close look at 3 players. With our form in the PSS, MSD and rookie draft to date, I would tip us to select at least one very good player out of 3.

With the VFL games now part of the AFL page, there seems to be a lack of VFL data.
( The AFL stats system for anything except match day is horrible now and i can't find the VFL stuff anyway ).

For example , who is leading the goal kicking in the VFL?
It would be good to see how some of the kids who missed the last couple of drafts are tracking.

Been playing as a high half forward. Crafty opportunist type player, like his brother Kai but without the leap and spring in his game. Not sure if he’s quiet up to afl though.
Took some good grabs on the weekend. How old is he do you know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd be mad not to take a free hit at someone

Last year's MSD looks like a success for more than just us
A free hit? This could go places ...

With the 420th pick in the MSD, St Kilda selects ...

... WRATH OF BONG, from the Nimbin Football Club ...

We'd be mad not to take a free hit at someone

Last year's MSD looks like a success for more than just us

Yeah I'd think it is a great way to pull in a piece that is needs based. Maybe a second pressure forward to help out if Butler goes down or maybe a forward ruck for Hayes?

Can always work on improving lower limb power and running technique, so Cripps sounds like a tasty prospect. Could he be that genuine sleeper prospect, given the ACL injury?

If not him, a more ready-to-go ruck (or at least part time ruck option) is a priority for mine.

Why don't we teach all our other slow players to run fast ?

I would be looking a lockdown key defender, if there are any quality ones out there. Liked Blake Schlensog last year but haven't kept track of how he's going this season.

Don't mind the look of Tyreece Leiu

194cm versatile type. Started as an inside mid who would go forward and seems to have found a hole down back

Apparently had a very good game for the Young Guns against Vic Metro

#16 Tyreece Leiu (Eastern Ranges)

The Ranges product did not waste a possession, constantly making good decisions and having the skill set to back up his vision and nous. Tended to be involved in the transitional handball chains that served the Guns so well, often starting quick counterattacks off halfback. Was the player that released Jai Culley through the midfield to have a long range running shot and hit Harvey Gallagher at one stage in the last quarter to emphasise his efficiency as the kick had just the right weighting between defenders and pinpoint precision so the forward did not have to break stride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back